Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

it's extremely funny that glinner terfed himself out of twitter, his marriage, pretty much all of his friendships and professional associations, just any sort of connection with any other human beings whatsoever

entirely unforced, too. even if he hated trans women exactly as much as he does right now but just had the self control to shut the gently caress up about it he'd still be a rich, successful entertainment media figure adored by his fans, with lots of friends, and (probably, I don't know the guy) a stable marriage but oi m8 th absolute state of blokes wot sayin they is birds!!!!! it joist aint peas n carrots!!!!!!

It’s the Alex Jones Arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I thought that Brits called them “full stops”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This sounds like a bit, but I wouldn’t put it past Switzerland.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

War and Pieces posted:

There's still bars and cafes it's just unthinkable to go to a there specifically to flirt and get laid

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if your reproductive organs aren’t, like, pistils or claspers or megastrobili or pedipalps or ædeagi

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The only reason to watch poker is for the meltdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDt90EyZnWA

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s not really accurate to say that he’s pissed at losing a coin flip (actually two consecutive flips) because neither of them knew what the odds were at the time. What they both knew is that they didn’t have very good hands.

He tried to bully her with a poo poo hand and a big stack of chips, and it didn’t work. Her almost equally lovely hand prevailed.

It’s a legitimate strategy to force opponents to make that choice, but sometimes they’re going to call you on it, and if you’re not backing it with a decent set of cards, you’re going to lose a lot of those calls.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 12:30 on Oct 4, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Here’s a hand‐by‐hand analysis of Robbi’s play at the event.

If she was cheating, she’s either so godlike that it’s indistinguishable from normal play, or so bad at it that she’s not gaining advantage from it.

Here is an attempt to explain she could have been thinking without making her out to be either a cheat or the worst player ever to touch felt.

quote:

His shove stinks of weakness. She smells it a mile away. In her mind - and her mind only - at that moment, 87cc might have actually been toward the top of his range.

If she’d made the same moves and the cards didn’t draw in her favor, everyone at the table would have chuckled and moved on. No one would have accused her of cheating even though win or lose, it’s a +EV position if and only if she knew what cards he held.

eta: Garrett donated her money to charity. :jerkbag:

https://twitter.com/GmanPoker/status/1577677790379245569

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Oct 6, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Some Guy TT posted:

im struggling to figure out what possible context could have led to this argument

There was an art project with a bunch of plaster pussies, and some idiot circled the ones that belonged to “real women”.

e: Oh OK the pussy (coward) vagina (pussy) phrenologist deleted it.

It was this. :nws: for ghostly white disembodied vulvæ

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Mar 26, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s the crossover of the “debate me” and “PM me pics” obnoxious Internet commenter types that we didn’t know we needed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtfs a vulva

It’s a plastic trumpet that fans blow at football matches in South Africa, but that’s not important right now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rowling loves to straight up gaslight people about what she’s written.

Like she says that she never explicitly described Hermione as having white skin, but she totally did.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Posting TERF art

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Ever heard of vitiligo??? Maybe only her face is white.

Also her left hand

War and Pieces posted:

Hermione is a minstrel character whose blackface gets replaced by film negatives upon seeing a ghost

You are a RACIST for comparing this to a minstrel character, and you have given Joanne a great deal of difficulty.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2016/jun/05/jk-rowling-harry-potter-cursed-child-jack-thorne-john-tiffany-interview posted:

I had a bunch of racists telling me that because Hermione ‘turned white’ – that is, lost colour from her face after a shock – that she must be a white woman, which I have a great deal of difficulty with. But I decided not to get too agitated about it and simply state quite firmly that Hermione can be a black woman with my absolute blessing and enthusiasm.

but also she turns “faintly pink” sometimes

quote:

"I love you, Hermione," said Ron, sinking back in his chair, rubbing his eyes wearily. Hermione turned faintly pink, but merely said, "Don't let Lavender hear you saying that."

And when she gets a black eye,

quote:

Hermione sitting at the kitchen table in great agitation, while Mrs. Weasley tried to lessen her resemblance to half a panda.

Maybe it’s a dyed panda. :shrug:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
She did this one earlier.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Which is which?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s like someone touting how progressive they are because they hire felons like Martha Stewart.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Try it! Locate a fresh-faced lass who looks like she still identifies as female and has most of her original body parts intact. You might find her gawking at a campus Slutwalk, or parading in the nearest Women’s March, or at a Lizzo concert. Approach her. Compliment her.

I think that this is the most offensive line in the piece, but I will not be rereading it to confirm.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Justin Trudeau infiltrating the lesbian bar in blackface

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Even” Hillary Clinton, known paragon of principles

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Death of the author’s marriage

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tokin opposition posted:

when he keeps putting racist doodles on the whiteboard, yes

Making Adidas executives uncomfortable about their Nazi heritage owns, actually.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Whirling posted:

I learned something really funny in another thread which is that gacha games have to make absolutely sure nothing resembles the "🤏" emoji in South Korea because some Korean radfem site used it to make fun of right-wing dudes online and it collectively traumatized them so badly that they will have a meltdown if they see it again.

I want to say that these feminists are very powerful, but let’s be honest here: their opposition are the post pathetic snowflakes on the planet.

The girl in green’s gesture is so subtle lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

loquacius posted:

you keep finding the dumbest articles

It’s truly impressive.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It depends on which parental influences dominate their upbringing: