Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I couldn't find a thread for quick questions so here goes.

Some time in my youth (mid-90's), at someone else's house, I read a comic featuring the following characters. Sadly I have no recollection of who the protagonist was.

• A woman who leads a crime gang. She is serious, dominant, constantly underdressed and has huge breasts.
  • The comically inept members of said crime gang. They all wear pumpkin head (jack-o-lantern) masks for some reason.

It was definitely aimed at adults. May have been European (perhaps German?). There was some violence, as I recall, but no gore.

At one point, while leading the pumpkin gang on a heist, the leader paints her boobs to resemble jack-o-lanterns. Possible full-frontal nudity? (Yeah probably not anything north american, I'm guessing.)

I have no recollection of any plot but I'm sure there was one.

(Edit: The word I was looking for is jack-o-lantern, isn't it?)

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're just trying to trick me into searching and then massively regretting looking up 'pumpkin boobs comic'

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Well yeah, Google has largely failed me in this.
Useless search phrases so far have included "pumpkin gang comic", "pumpkin crime gang action comic", "jack-o-lantern crime gang comic -marvel -batman" and etc etc.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 18, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

This sounds like it might've been in Heavy Metal

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
It might!

We didn't have Heavy Metal here as far as I know, but I'm sure some local magazine would translate their stuff so I could encounter it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Sorry if I'm Kramering into someone else's thread, but there's a comic I read when I was really, really young that I've been trying to place.

It was either Batman or one of the adjacent titles. At one point, Catwoman is threatening someone with a syringe of horrible poison, and say "that's the good thing about being an ex-supervillain, people take your threats seriously". Then later, Batman is trapped in someone horrible horrible lair, and says "There's only one madman so insane as to call a place like this home", but we don't find out who it was.

Any ideas?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I couldn't find a thread for quick questions so here goes.

Some time in my youth (mid-90's), at someone else's house, I read a comic featuring the following characters. Sadly I have no recollection of who the protagonist was.

• A woman who leads a crime gang. She is serious, dominant, constantly underdressed and has huge breasts.
  • The comically inept members of said crime gang. They all wear pumpkin head (jack-o-lantern) masks for some reason.

My first thought was "that sounds like something out of Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose."

Apparently the villain Raven Hex from that book has "Pumpkin head" minions. Might that be it?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Nice catch! That seems to check most of the boxes of my crappy description. Sorry to say it's not it.

I think "Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose" looks like a 2000's publication from the art style? I recall now that the one I'm looking for was in a quite distinctly 80's or 90's style.

I have a nagging feeling that there was a male protagonist in the comic. I don't know if he was unusually dull, but apparently he could not compete for attention with the villains in my 14-year-old mind...

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Half remembered comic from my youth

- Comic was printed in the early 90s (roughly in timeframe as the Armageddon 2000 reveal issue) Main character is a guy in his 20's with silverish hair. Primary support character is a dark haired woman reporter. For some reason I think it takes place in Flagstaff, AZ. poo poo happens and the guy has some kind of power activation and he's all psychic powered. Key art is him standing / flaying in front of an explosion pointing off screen. I want to say it was an issue 1 establishing the series, and it wasn't a Marvel or DC title.