Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

watching the Ravens this year has definitely helped me the appreciate the value of RBs who are actually good

More than that, the value of RBs who aren't washed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Henry is such a unique player that I don’t know you can generalize much about him and the Titans to the rest of the nfl. Nobody else has their whole team identity tied up in running their ox of an RB 35 times a game until the defense is ground to dust and submits. But trying to argue that going from Henry to 98 year old Adrian Peterson or whatever doesn’t matter is laughable.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Crazy how TFF still has the best football opinions on the internet when all our football opinions fuckin suck!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nodoze posted:

Respecting the run game isn't a real thing, you don't need a good running game to throw the ball successfully

People don't respect running backs anymore because they are literally expendable, like relief pitchers. You ride them to the ground for a couple years and then let them go and have them be someone elses problem. If you hit on a linebacker in the 4th round that turns into a stud you generally don't have to worry about the wheels falling off after three seasons

Agreed, although iirc ILBs have the second shortest shelf-life of any position.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ironic Twist posted:

Let prospects sign wherever they want, draft coaches.

agree. turn draft position into rookie salary cap space, worse teams get more to sign rookies (still have to stay under regular cap)

Docjowles posted:

But trying to argue that going from Henry to 98 year old Adrian Peterson or whatever doesn’t matter is laughable.

nobody has done this except in your mind

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

Crazy how TFF still has the best football opinions on the internet when all our football opinions fuckin suck!

Wow. WOW. Just straight IGNORANCE

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What's worse: to get to, and lose, the Super Bowl? Or never be born? The answer may surprise you

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sweet thursday posted:

What's worse: to get to, and lose, the Super Bowl? Or never be born? The answer may surprise you

The actual answer is “to be born”, OP

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sweet thursday posted:

The answer may surprise you

it won’t

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the thing i'll never understand is when teams have a play that has been extremely successful statistically, why dont they just keep running that same play over and over again until they win all their games

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Magicpants posted:

the thing i'll never understand is when teams have a play that has been extremely successful statistically, why dont they just keep running that same play over and over again until they win all their games

Teams do this a ton, almost any high scoring game features an offense just spamming the same play or route over and over this year basically.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

DariusLikewise posted:

Teams do this a ton, almost any high scoring game features an offense just spamming the same play or route over and over this year basically.

yeah but they still call other stuff that isnt as good in between which is just stupid

find the play that averages the highest amount of yards, then only call that play, duh, this is basic math

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Magicpants posted:

yeah but they still call other stuff that isnt as good in between which is just stupid

find the play that averages the highest amount of yards, then only call that play, duh, this is basic math
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the mathematically unstoppable 4.0 YPC

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sweet thursday posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the mathematically unstoppable 4.0 YPC

2.5 YPC if you’re not a coward.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Fullback is more important than runningback don't even @ me

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wrong thread

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

sweet thursday posted:

False start, holding, checkmate atheists.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ulmont posted:

False start, holding, checkmate atheists.

These really feel apocalyptically bad watching certain service academies play, but sometimes they overcome with a fullback dive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Can someone post the how bout them boys gif so I can troll my friend with it please?