Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Patrick Willis was one of the two or three best linebackers in the NFL from his first NFL snap to his last and would have been a slam dunk first ballot pick if he had played just a couple more years, but he'll get in eventually

John Abraham is my pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Josh Cribbs. Hester being active at the same time stole his spotlight, but he was a better kick returner than Hester, while Better was better at punts. Cribbs had six years with 1000+ KR yards, including one hear with 1800+.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cavauro posted:

who is the best player who no one would put in the hall of fame? started thinking about that guy who almost got killed, julius jones. then started thinking about the football julius jones and then his brother thomas jones. then this. is thomas jones a good answer? who would you say

Frank gore

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Chad...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Chucktesla posted:

Patrick Willis was one of the two or three best linebackers in the NFL from his first NFL snap to his last and would have been a slam dunk first ballot pick if he had played just a couple more years, but he'll get in eventually

John Abraham is my pick

The only reason why I didnt like the Ravens fake FG attempt in the Superbowl is because it was silly to expect Tucker to get like 10 yards with Willis on the field.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The real answer is Zach Thomas.

Hell never get in but he absolutely should based on accolades alone.

quote:

Thomas is a seven-time Pro Bowler, a five-time first-team All-Pro, a two-time second-team All-Pro, and a two-time Linebacker of the Year. He was named AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1996 and inducted into the Miami Dolphins Honor Roll. Additionally, Thomas is a member of the All-Decade Team for the 2000s.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 19, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Not a player, but Don Coryell should have been in like 25 years ago and it’s a loving travesty that he isn’t.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

who is the best player who no one would put in the hall of fame? started thinking about that guy who almost got killed, julius jones. then started thinking about the football julius jones and then his brother thomas jones. then this. is thomas jones a good answer? who would you say

Thomas Edward Brady. The hall of fame is reserved for men, not GOATs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Amy Pole Her posted:

The real answer is Zach Thomas.

Hell never get in but he absolutely should based on accolades alone.

Yeah he's essentially the same player as utlacher who got in easily due to big city and high pick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Not a player, but Don Coryell should have been in like 25 years ago and it’s a loving travesty that he isn’t.

Preach

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

This has to be an exaggeration.

Not enough men on the line of scrimmage. It was obvious, too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hosed all those players and the coach mentioned. before you did

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Eifert Posting posted:

This has to be an exaggeration.

The end of that series was performance art. 3rd and 1 around the Pats' 20, 13 yard sack, 44-yard FG negated by the illegal formation, 49-yard FG miss :golfclap:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bellmaker posted:

The end of that series was performance art. 3rd and 1 around the Pats' 20, 13 yard sack, 44-yard FG negated by the illegal formation, 49-yard FG miss :golfclap:

And if the receiver on the second down play had extended the ball forward before he went out of bounds, they would have had the first. Since he didn’t extend, he was a foot or so shy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Falcons are such an amazing comedy of errors. Somehow they manage to outdo themselves every week, even if they peaked in the Super Bowl.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah he's essentially the same player as utlacher who got in easily due to big city and high pick

Actually more all pros and more tackles overall!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Sabby Piscatelli, cavuaro

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mastershakeman posted:

Zach Thomas was better than Urlacher

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
urlacher sucked so much he couldnt even make an open field tackle on tom brady

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Urlacher was very good...very early in his career. He got injured and somehow coasted for another 7 years or so being okish at best on reputation while every announcer pretended he was like Dick Butkus who could run (note: he could no longer run) because he played for the Bears.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
How many long snappers in the HoF?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grittybeard posted:

I think Urlacher was very good...very early in his career. He got injured and somehow coasted for another 7 years or so being okish at best on reputation while every announcer pretended he was like Dick Butkus who could run (note: he could no longer run) because he played for the Bears.

yeah briggs was the better linebacker on the team for like half his career, but media bias goes a long way

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Woozie66 posted:

Josh Cribbs. Hester being active at the same time stole his spotlight, but he was a better kick returner than Hester, while Better was better at punts. Cribbs had six years with 1000+ KR yards, including one hear with 1800+.

To be fair, Teams playing the Browns had a lot of kickoffs.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So, like, happy the Browns won but if it was this kind of a struggle against Detroit, I'm not optimistic about them against the Ravens twice, Raiders, and then Green Bay.

JFC this should not be this hard with this team. I hope we can make it to the bye week and get Hunt and some of our players back.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Titans lose
Bills lose
Packers lose

What a good week of football :unsmith:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Patriots are going to win the AFC East.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Patriots lead the league with a +123 point differential

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Patriots are going to win the AFC East.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions bad so what

I don't think Goff win this game either so :shrug: On to Thanksgiving

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What an enjoyable morning of football.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Patriots lead the league with a +123 point differential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Ask the Bills how that worked out for em

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If the pats beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl do we switch back to “Brady was the fraud all along”?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Kalli posted:

What an enjoyable morning of football.

This season is so good. Playoffs will be hilarious

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If the pats beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl do we switch back to “Brady was the fraud all along”?

Technically no, I think at this point Brady's proven enough. But it would be like a Revenge of the Sith or something if Bill wins after Brady beat them last season.

Storyline might be Mac Jones youngin overtaking old man Brady

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Titans have lost to the good version of the Cardinals and then the loving jets and texans lol

I miss you King

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl

fixed

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

football owns

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pimpcasso posted:

Titans have lost to the good version of the Cardinals and then the loving jets and texans lol

I miss you King

Still haven't lost to a playoff team. Must be good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Remember last week when people were wondering who was legit and the Titans kept coming up?

:lmao:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lmao can’t believe the Ravens won that

get well soon Lamar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1462535424363184128

:unsmith: