Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Eifert Posting posted:

If the other 31 teams allow the Patriots to get back to the playoffs this year I'll expect a written apology from each of them.

It’s hard to believe now that he’s not being carried by Tom Brady, but this Belichick guy may actually be a decent coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

lmao, according to Defector the NFL saw no problem with Heyward throwing a couple of punches into Herbie’s midsection and they’re not going to pursue any sort of punishment at all. What a load of bullshit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

The worst draft pick of all time?

Yeah that seems a little histrionic. There was surely a better option to fit what the Giants needed there, but Saquon isn’t even close to being a bust.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I think Barkley is highly overrated and the pick was really dumb but it's not in the top 50 worst picks of all time. Any first round bust is worse. At least they got some level of production from Barkely for a few years.

Yeah this is my thing. I think it’s pretty obvious that it wasn’t a good pick, but this is the same draft that had Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen go in the top 10 so it isn’t even the worst pick of this class. He’s not even the worst RB pick of the first round! We like to think about the unspoiled potential of these top 10 picks but for every Josh Allen you’re going to get a couple of duds because the whole drat thing is a crapshoot. At the very least Barkley didn’t flame out.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

What’s you definition of flaming out here? There was a flame early on and for a host of reasons he hasn’t had a 100 yard game since 2019.

He hasn’t been Trent Richardson bad which I think is a pretty good yardstick. His first two years were 1000-yard seasons, then he was injured last year and part of this year, and then until today saddled with Jason Garrett as his OC. He could still fall off a cliff if he isn’t the same post-injury or if his brain is broken playing for the Giants or whatever, in which case it’s obviously fine to re-evaluate him, but right now I don’t see anything in the (admittedly few) times I’ve watched him play this year that would indicate he has serious problems.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

indigi posted:

his rookie contract is just about up and he’s yet to gain 4000 all purpose yards, his cap hit starts going up starting next season and he’s only been an especially good RB part of his rookie year. that seems fairly bustish

That’s fair I guess. I think I just differentiate between guys like this who it seems like don’t take off because they’re drafted into a dogshit organization and guys like Manziel, who would have busted even if he’d been picked up by a team like the Pats. The latter is a definitive bust, the former more of an “if only” sort of scenario. I know I’m not alone in this thinking because there are a few Josh Rosen stans still out there, somehow, but it’s probably not the metric most people are using.

It’s still ridiculous to say he’s the worst draft pick of all time though.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

And quarterbacks ruin everything. Great team, poo poo QB? You're hosed, Good team, mediocre QB? still pretty hosed.

The 2000 Ravens would like a word

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

RB isn’t valued as much bc they have the shortest shelf life of any position. Even if you get a world beater they’ll be around for less time than any other position

I think this is the real issue. There’s no developing an RB like there is a QB because by the time they’re good enough - oops, they’re dead. An RB has a season at the same level of year 1 Josh Allen and you might be already looking ahead to the next guy.

I also think that judging whether or not a position group is important on if a star at that position won the SB is unfair when Tom Brady has won like 40% of the Super Bowls in recent memory.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

At the end of the day breaking off a big run is Cool As Heck and for that reason alone it should stay a part of the game.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's me, spraying water on a grease fire.

tbf it’s pretty cool watching the flame surf along on the water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

What's worse: to get to, and lose, the Super Bowl? Or never be born? The answer may surprise you

The actual answer is “to be born”, OP