Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Chucktesla posted:

Patrick Willis was one of the two or three best linebackers in the NFL from his first NFL snap to his last and would have been a slam dunk first ballot pick if he had played just a couple more years, but he'll get in eventually

John Abraham is my pick

The only reason why I didnt like the Ravens fake FG attempt in the Superbowl is because it was silly to expect Tucker to get like 10 yards with Willis on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

lmao can’t believe the Ravens won that

get well soon Lamar

Honestly for a backup making his very first start I thought Huntley looked pretty good. There were errors but also no terrible picks and the ball control didn't bite him. He made some pretty good throws too throughout the game. I think he could have a successful career as a backup and maybe even a starter if he develops.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

seiferguy posted:

This early onset of games is why the NFL is so much better than CFB. Any given Sunday is real.

CFB blows. Unwatchable trash. Total waste of anyone's time.

Wow how are the Colts 6-5? That's pretty insane after an 0-3 start. And makes the Ravens' win against them look stronger.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you missed out on Texas losing to Kansas last week then I feel very sorry for you.

One game out of like a million is good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1462822977603612677

This seems like a no-brainer to go back to Dalton. Nagy didn’t want to play Fields to begin with and now he’ll have the build in reason of getting him healthy.

Outside of like one throw where we did a sort of dumb thing Dalton looked like trash. Id stick with Fields unless he is too hurt to play.

The more I think about it the more ok I am with the all-out blitz on 4th and 11. I think it really was decent clock management as what you really dont want in that spot is for them to string together a couple first downs and win the game on a chip shot. The way we did it was go all or nothing and if they score, at least we have time to answer, which we did.

Thats one thing Ive always hated about the general late-game defensive philosophy of just trying to stop the quick score. Because when its like a one score game, thats what you want them to do if they score! Have it be quick so you have time to answer

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 22, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

It’s only ok because the Ravens won. If they didn’t score then this would not be ok.

Has winning ever stopped me from complaining in the past?? :D

AndrewP posted:

The guy you've fired 100 times agrees with you.

And yes I don't always like Harbaugh. And I think what he is doing here is just defending Martindale more than anything because that's what he does. I'm not really sure the Ravens were doing this specific strategy at the time but it is possible. But I have said this in the past that I often think teams go into prevent type defenses way too early and at the wrong times. So that's why I came back and said I won't go after them too hard for this one. Because if we'd executed the blitz better we might have got a sack or forced an errant throw. Like I said there the worst thing that can happen is just a first down and no score because then they might get some chip shot field goal walk off. And you don't want that. You want to have the ball last.

The real stupid thing we did was on the second to last play we gave them a completion to the middle of the field and let their guy run all the way out of bounds. That made no sense!! Any in bounds tackle there would have ended the game. That's all we had to do was have a guy on him and tackle him and the Bears wouldn't have got a chance at that last play. But this will be overlooked because Bowser sacked Dalton and ended it on the hail mary attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

rjmccall posted:

Ryan Leaf had a bad rookie year and a bad attitude, and after he got hurt, he let both of those things compound until they blew his life. He was a huge bust. But the pre-draft evidence that that might happen was that, like, he gained a lot weight before the combine and came across as arrogant in interviews. If you’re ranking these things purely as GM mistakes, I don’t know that you can put Leaf up there with some of the “what the gently caress were you thinking” moments like drafting Brandon Weeden 22nd overall at age 28.

I usually take "bad attitude" stuff with a grain of salt but his pre-draft stuff was way more than just him being arrogant. He straight up worked to make sure the Colts didn't draft him. The weight gain stuff was bad because part of why he was considered maybe superior to Manning was that he was way more athletic. The Ryan Leaf we saw in the NFL could never have been mistaken for an athletic QB. But he was considered that promising that he was still a high pick.