Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

who is the best player who no one would put in the hall of fame? started thinking about that guy who almost got killed, julius jones. then started thinking about the football julius jones and then his brother thomas jones. then this. is thomas jones a good answer? who would you say

Jared Lorenzen :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Not a player, but Don Coryell should have been in like 25 years ago and it’s a loving travesty that he isn’t.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:hmmno:

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Magicpants posted:

if you want to win in the nfl, you have to have either tom brady or bill belichick, there is no other way

:hmmno:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dan Marino had 87 career rushing yards.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

TheBizzness posted:

He isn't the worst draft pick of all time but let us never forget the Dolphins traded up to take Dion Jordan.

Wasn’t he actually pretty solid as a rookie and showed flashes, until the team asked him to bulk up to play some different role that cost him a lot of the speed and agility that had been his game up to that point? I remember Dolphin fans talking about him doing well covering guys like Gronk and not being bad at first, but then he had all his issues after that first season trying to be a different type of player.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Rudi Johnson is 42. Cedric Benson has been dead for over two years. T.J. Houshmandzadeh last played ten years ago (And it was for the Raiders?!).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

wyoak posted:

Who’s the last really elite pass rusher to drag his team to a SB win? Bucs were great across the front but Vea is probably the only really elite guy in that group and he’s in the middle, Chiefs had Clark who is great at his peak but not a top 5-10 type guy over his entire career, the Pats churn thru pass rushers, Brandon Graham had the biggest play for the Eagles that wasn’t the Philly special but I don’t think he’s going top 10 in a redraft, etc

If that’s your metric you should only ever draft QB’s in the first round

If you’re looking at pass rushers, probably Von Miller in 2015, but aside from him that defense has a bunch of other talented guys as well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

And even AP was not enough!

Brett went Full Favre and then he had to deal with the Christian Ponder Ariel Experience (Also the corpse of :mcnabb: and a blown ACL).

EDIT: Remember the freeing of Joe Webb?

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 24, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

Not going to stand for Frank Gore erasure. Tell Meredith to clear my afternoon, I'm about to get reckless

:hai:

Fullbacks also need to make a comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I had a chance to go to that game but missed it because of school, and I’ll forever regret that cause it turned out hilarious.

The other side of time of possession chat is Super Bowl XXV, but that was also paired with a brilliant defensive game plan that was extremely well executed, and it still barely worked out for a whole bunch of reasons beyond Wide Right.