Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dullest stomp of the year?

Man Falcons, fix your offensive line, jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LargeHadron posted:

Real, non-rhetorical question: how many times has a team had an INT by three different QBs in a single game? I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for an answer.

Coincidentally:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1461549830468247558

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also

Full Name: Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

He never had a chance in the NFL.

Maybe if he just told everyone to call him Josh Balls

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status/1461552368651280384

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I watched that entire game, I may require an intervention of some sort.

I'm curious how often this has happened when none of the QBs had to leave the game due to injury.

That's a little unfair because Ryan was just replaced because the game was over. But Rosen got angry benched and Franks might have made them trot Ryan back out there if they'd have gotten the ball back.

Picturing Arthur Smith going in at halftime and making all sorts of adjustments to kick the offense into gear

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1461547690865700869

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

People are digging up other games like this, and here's one from '84 where the Seahawks had 4 pick 6's off 3 Chiefs QB's

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198411040sea.htm

The three Chiefs Qb's threw 18, 17 and 16 passes too, which... man.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Someone break down the trade market for Matt Ryan for me.

I'm not being a jerk here, just trying to work out who would have been interested. In retrospect...Panthers (who made their move and are also in division (and all of their fans hate him already) so probably not), Texans? Broncos? Lions I guess but they also had to make their move while they got rid of Stafford. WFT or Eagles or Giants, basically any NFC East team that isn't Dallas. 49ers are intriguing since you know Lance needs a year or two to get his feet under him, that would have been a good landing spot if they didn't just trade a ton of draft picks away.

Oh Steelers is an interesting thought but they don't seem the type. That actually seems like the best match I can find if they were willing to tell Ben to go to hell.

As much as the cap hit would have hurt I think the return on any trade would have been really bad in the end? Which is kinda frustrating for the Falcons, Matt Ryan can still play to some extent, just...not with this team.

The problem is, they've moved so much of his money into bonuses trying to do.... whatever the gently caress they did the last few years, that the dead cap hit if they move him next year is $40m. ($25m SB hit in 2022, $15m from 2023)

If they don't trade him by the 3rd day of the league year (so like March 19th) they owe him $7.5m more.

So to get the Falcons to want to eat all that extra dead cap space you've gotta give them at least like the value of a mid first and then some probably? I think there's a half dozen teams that could talk themselves into Matt Ryan for that but man...

I think even money Matt Ryan sticks around another year and they strip down and try to draft the next guy... if there even is one in next year's draft.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Matt Ryan

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The answer is Matt Ryan

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What an enjoyable morning of football.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BUG JUG posted:

just here to make an important announcement: gently caress the packers. lol you shitmen. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2qEUwFbGM

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

loving 49ers can't even tank right.

They're a tiebreaker out of the playoffs :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Juggernaut posted:

I'm not up on the latest bird drama but why is Pete Carroll walking out of post game interviews and everyone is calling for heads to roll all of a sudden?

Having a bad season with Russ hurt and losing to a 9-2 team?

They're 3-7 and haven't beaten anyone but the Jaguars since September

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Biggest problem is if the Seahawks decide to blow it all up... what exactly are they blowing up?

Wilson's 33, and has a $26m dead cap hit if they trade him.. not the worst, get at least a first for him from the Steelers or whomever.

Bobby Wagner will be 32 next year.... at a position that ages like milk and he's expensive.

Tyler Lockett is 30 and they just signed him to an untradeable extrension, so he's not going anywhere

Not sure what else they're blowing up for pieces, probably just hoping you can build around uh.... DK Metcalf and Jamal Adams?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

Jamal Adams sucks and they are bag holding the poo poo out of his contract. They got hosed in that deal really bad

Yeah, but they're paying him like a star for the next 3 years, so lol.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the Pitts pick would be lambasted more, but... he looks really good, so whatever, completely wrong tactical choice, but still got a good player.

Of course, 2021 could turn out to be a 2011 caliber draft when all's said and done, hopefully with uh, better results for the other 1st round QB's.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, grabbed this from a random article about the Falcons, PFF rankings of their OL:

LT: Jake Matthews, 49th of 79
LG: Jaylen Mayfield, 68th of 75
OC: Matt Hennessy, 15th of 39
RG: Chris Lindstrom, 9th of 75
RT: Kaleb McGary, 70th of 79

Seems like you got a few problems there Atlanta.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, he's.... probably the best player on that roster? Which should explain a lot.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chucktesla posted:

The Giants have no cap space thinking this was a make or break season for the entire organization and it's hard to imagine things being worse than they are right now. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a jaguars-esque teardown over the next couple years

Christ, they can fix some of it, but they have $4m in cap space next year. What the hell

James Bradberry has a $22m cap hit
Leonard Williams a $27m
Kenny Golladay $21m
Blake Martinez $14m
Adoree Jackson $15.5m
Sterling Shepard $12.5m
Logan Ryan $12m

what the gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh man

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1463146061451735048

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

first time looking at a Gettleman team huh

They have a rookie QB earning peanuts what the hell man

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was gonna say that that whole draft was pretty talent poor in the first, but oh, Lane Johnson went with the next pick.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CLOCK KILLING COREY DILLON

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean it's more that top drafted RB's are rarely worth it.

Saquon Barkley - injured and underperforming since his rookie year.
Leonard Fournette - lol
Christian McCaffrey - Injured 13 games last year, missed half this year
Ezekiel Elliott - Pretty good, went to a team with 1st rounders up and down the OL. Has regressed as they have.
Todd Gurley - lol
Trent Richardson - double lol
CJ Spiller - lol
Darren McFadden - nope
Adrian Peterson - Hey, here we go.
Reggie Bush - nope
Ronnie Brown - nope
Cedric Benson - nope
Cadillac Williams - nope

20 years of top 10 picks and you've got 2 or 3 hits if you want to be kind? Even the desperation of overdrafting Quarterbacks has a higher hit rate and at least you like make and win playoff games if you hit on those guys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Draft big ol' hosses and make holes you could get any sized running back through.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My view is there are premium positions: QB then pass rushers and tackles, then CB's and WR's, then safeties and TE's, then interior OL, RB's and non-pass rushing LB's.

Yeah there can be a prospect so good you're happy to draft them in the top 5 regardless of position, but depressingly, you'd probably be better off with the average 1st round tackle or pass rusher then a 90th percentile RB.

And quarterbacks ruin everything. Great team, poo poo QB? You're hosed, Good team, mediocre QB? still pretty hosed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wow it's <checks card> Luke Falk!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The math says running backs don't matter and who knows football better then fellow sleep deprived nerds who never leave their parents basement?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Eye test is more important than so-called "advanced analytics" change my mind

Counterpoint: PFF manages to be worse then everything short of QBR.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

So we’ve decided no running backs in the first round. Good Job everyone

2nd agenda: No special teamers before day 3

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My draft takes

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1463609503585382406

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Line up 260lb linebackers at cornerback and have them stand right in front of the WR, grab 'em and throw 'em to the ground at the snap.

Can't run your route if you can't get off the line there twiggy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When the science shows you how you're drafting wrong

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1463616099514265605

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

rjmccall posted:

Haha, I’d seen references to this but hadn’t actually seen any of it yet

He later straddles a middle finger shaped rocket ship into space while shooting a gun and holding a bottle of jack.