Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Falcons were slotted for the playoffs two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Barkley would have to play like he did at his rookie year peak consistently over four years to be considered anything more than a reach.

Giants fans can correct me if I'm off base here, but the few times I've seen him actually on the field outside his rookie year he hasn't looked like much more than simply a solid starter.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I think Barkley is highly overrated and the pick was really dumb but it's not in the top 50 worst picks of all time. Any first round bust is worse. At least they got some level of production from Barkely for a few years.

A lot of the bust perception came from the opportunity cost. Gettleman could have drafted Sam Darnold instead!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dubious posted:

no draft pick is ever guaranteed to perform regardless of draft position this is a stupid take

Right and the ones that significantly underperform relative to their draft position are busts.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just searched Google and got no results for "Mojoe Mixon" so I must be the first person to come up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How good does a RB have to be for him to be a good pick at 2?

I think if you got Derrick Henry or CMC there you're generally pretty happy with it. Maaaaybe an Alvin Kamara or Dalvin Cook, too?