Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Professor Funk posted:

It’s kind of incredible that the Jets and the Giants hired maybe two of the worst GMs of all time in Maccagnan and Gettleman in the same window.

https://twitter.com/jcaporoso/status/1463150050075455493?s=21

The worst draft pick of all time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

There is objectively no worse draft pick given the other options available, the team, and the trade, than mitchell d trubisky

I want to say it has to be a #1, but the trade makes this arguable in my mind.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Chucktesla posted:

The thing keeping it from being the worst draft move is how badly the niners bungled the haul they got from Chicago

While that was certainly disappointing and embarrassing for the Niners I don’t see how it factors for the Bears

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

indigi posted:

his rookie contract is just about up and he’s yet to gain 4000 all purpose yards, his cap hit starts going up starting next season and he’s only been an especially good RB part of his rookie year. that seems fairly bustish

One genuinely good year is better than 50% of first found picks. Probably 50% of top 10 picks

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

wyoak posted:

The Bosas haven’t had playoff success

Making the super bowl doesn’t count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

indigi posted:

this applies to a lot of positions though. if you remove a lynchpin player in-season it’s gonna gently caress you up, absolutely. Tackles, QB, RB, even WR1. But the dropoff from Derrick Henry (who I agree is a football god) to Najee Harris or Austin Ekeler isn’t nearly as meaningful as going from Lamar Jackson to Jalen Hurts, or Quentin Nelson to (idk guards really, let’s just say) Ben Braden.

an elite RB just won’t alter your offense in the same way adding an elite tackle or receiver could in today’s nfl. like if you could choose between your team having Henry or Nuk I think you’d be hard pressed to justify picking Henry

you also need like 5 linemen and 3 wrs for many formations, and there are only so many athletes at those positions, which require more unlikely body types. There are just a lot of average height guys who are really athletic, and you only need a couple of good rbs on your roster, so they're easy to replace.