Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Azathoth posted:

As a mod, I care a lot about precedent. And because I just set the precedent at 1 min (or less, rounding up) of vlogging equals one day of probation, I am afraid that my hands are now tied on this and I have no choice but to continue this policy indefinitely.

thank you for dealing with this scourge on our enjoyment of the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Azathoth posted:

As a mod, I care a lot about precedent. And because I just set the precedent at 1 min (or less, rounding up) of vlogging equals one day of probation, I am afraid that my hands are now tied on this and I have no choice but to continue this policy indefinitely.

i dont even know what to say to this utter bullshittery. alec just vlog in trump thread this is not the place for us

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ol sakkman posted:

i dont even know what to say to this utter bullshittery. alec just vlog in trump thread this is not the place for us

They're...they're become aware!

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

read my posts in toorp thread for a fuckin wild ride

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ol sakkman posted:

oh no stop please not this

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

500 good dogs posted:

oh no stop please not this

the mans joyous smile fills me with glee

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ol sakkman posted:

spoilers this guy does like a lot of meth

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ol sakkman posted:

No thank you, OP

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

spoilers this guy does like a lot of meth

past tense, mostly

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

tonight i just snorted mass lyrica. 2.1 grams i just calculated. thats rather a lot! the highest dose usually is 300mg

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Free Alex

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it sort of seems like you're externalizing your unfortunate situation and leading with the ways in which you are self harming for some reason, op. and now it's much more difficult to call out that behaviour on the basis you might literally be overdosing right now.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CoolCab posted:

it sort of seems like you're externalizing your unfortunate situation and leading with the ways in which you are self harming for some reason, op. and now it's much more difficult to call out that behaviour on the basis you might literally be overdosing right now.

wow I like your alec eiffel avatar

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

CoolCab posted:

its interesting. i provide interest. its content. im fine you dont overdose on lyrica til you hit like 8 grams which, well, i dont ever do that

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ol sakkman posted:

its interesting. i provide interest. its content. im fine you dont overdose on lyrica til you hit like 8 grams which, well, i dont ever do that

First time for everything OP

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

some plague rats posted:

First time for everything OP

addicts are really good at not dying until they arent

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ol sakkman posted:

being the content is not healthy op

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ol sakkman posted:

addicts are really good at not dying until they arent

we’ll keep hope alive, then

Sundown Forum
Nov 12, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
theyre not sending their best

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ol sakkman posted:

nah

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sundown Forum posted:

theyre not sending their best

I have a hunch that they actually are.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Alec Eiffel posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tGZLQne.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free Alec Eiffel

copy
Jul 26, 2007

catching up on this thread. wanted to say the state of cspam seems p decent right now. The stuff i read here remains funny and interesting. Also about the only time i see exceedingly whiney and boring posters is when i read these kinds of threads so i reckon the forums are doing a good job of meeting their needs as well. unless theyre tedious and miserable everywhere here as well in which case i still say good job to cspam for keeping them tedious and miserable.

Oh and throw another lol on the "this sixer has made me feel unsafe" pile from me: lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I would ask how he expects to be a vlog superstar looking like that, then I remember that Vaush exists.

yeah and vaush has no problems with the ladies

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

CODChimera posted:

Sounds like mod material! Someone buy him an account!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

free Alec Eiffel

yeah free him from posting here

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
you should make a qcs thread, I'm sure the wider board will really come together around the topic

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

CODChimera posted:

make Vaush a mod

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Alec Eiffel posted:

:rip:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Alec Eiffel posted:

another banger

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Alec Eiffel posted:

On a personal level I despise vlogs, preferring the anonymity and crisp, completely pointless delivery of the written post. On a professional level, I must respect the commitment to the craft. Don't free Alec! I will, however, finally click through and turn on the sound for his vlogs. Strictly the ones in the trump thread, though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

My feedback is that Coldrice be freed from his stupid probation immediately

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
Why can't these vlog people make sure the mp4s they post are the kind of mp4s that embed as players and not as silent gifs, it's a passion to vlog don't half rear end it.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

thank you for dealing with this scourge on our enjoyment of the forums

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Beffica posted:

Why can't these vlog people make sure the mp4s they post are the kind of mp4s that embed as players and not as silent gifs, it's a passion to vlog don't half rear end it.

I want to know how much traffic is coming from phone apps versus computers, because it works fine on my phone but I see what you mean on PC.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

mp4s do render as players, most browsers just disable the controls by default

put something like this in your custom scripts

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         Always show video controls
// @namespace    [url]http://tampermonkey.net/[/url]
// @version      0.1
// @match        [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

$('.gifv_video video').attr("controls","controls")

})();

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dustcat posted:

mp4s do render as players, most browsers just disable the controls by default

put something like this in your custom scripts

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         Always show video controls
// @namespace    [url]http://tampermonkey.net/[/url]
// @version      0.1
// @match        [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

$('.gifv_video video').attr("controls","controls")

})();

Yeah but all it would take is the addition of the "controls" attribute to the video tag to make it work, why should I need some janky rear end userscript in the year of our lord 2021?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

Yeah but all it would take is the addition of the "controls" attribute to the video tag to make it work, why should I need some janky rear end userscript in the year of our lord 2021?

a good question but probably best suited for actual qcs

(they have a technical questions subforum for nondrama posts)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dustcat posted:

a good question but probably best suited for actual qcs

(they have a technical questions subforum for nondrama posts)

no i disagree, we're talking about vlogging in here and we've pointed out that the forum's code is fighting our god-given right to vlog by hiding the unmute button. and astral was already posting in here, probably to make sure we didn't discover their heinously intentional omission of html tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

no i disagree, we're talking about vlogging in here and we've pointed out that the forum's code is fighting our god-given right to vlog by hiding the unmute button. and astral was already posting in here, probably to make sure we didn't discover their heinously intentional omission of html tags

good point. get his rear end