Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

LOL GOTCHA BITCH BOONDOCK SAINTS IS PURE rear end.

Boondock Saints is a 1999 Quentin Tarantino rip off movie about two hot guys with cute accents who shoot people because Jesus. They are brothers and also pray and kill people execution style. It's one of the worst movies ever made.

[Image: Pulp Fiction]

Someone get a me a wet floor sign

The movie opens with the two hot Irish brothers loving around at work and then beating the poo poo out of a "feminist" type lady who tries to explain the origins of the term "rule of thumb". One of them complains that it should've been called the "rule of wrist" before busting her square in the chops. Its downhill from here.

If you've ever considered Willem Dafoe a serious dramatic actor, then watch this film. He plays an FBI agent who's also gay. His sexuality is completely immaterial to the script except for one (comedic?) scene where he slaps a little twinky asian guy in the face and calls him the f-slur for wanting to cuddle after insinuated buttsecks. He also dresses like a woman at one point and then has an embarassing slow motion scene where he does a weird arm dance while a gunfight happens behind him.

ACT-ING

There is another scene where a bad-guy gangster continually corrects a man attempting to tell him a racist joke, insisting he use the n-word instead of "black guy" or "blacks".

There is another guy named "gently caress-rear end" who says gently caress! rear end! alot, and actually I've got no complaints here because screaming profanity is actually pretty funny to me.

Did I mention how hot and accented the main characters are? They have cool hand tattoos like this:

There are a non-zero number of dude-bros walking around with these EXACT tattoos that they got because of the movie. If you ever see one I encourage you to say "hey! did you get those tattoos because of boondock saints?" and watch them scramble to come up with the fake, lie reason they got the tattoo after they realized 10 years down the track that movie tattoos suck balls and age badly. (see also guys with Tyler Durden tattoos from the same era)

Aside from the above the entire thing is just a bad shooty film that attempts to capitalize on the trend of using 90s-style religious iconography about 5 or 6 years too late. Worst of all though, is that its meant to be a dumb action film, and it fails to be dumb or produce good action. I'm not saying this movie is intelligent, because it certainly is not. But all the religious iconography, praying, latin bullshit, and "MayBe KiLliNg BaD gUyS iS gOoD?!" messaging is just clamoring to tack on some kind of meaning to a really, really bad script. The tone is all over the place. One minute there's a hilarious scene about the n-word, the next scene people are praying dressed like Dennis Leary placing pennies on the eyes of the executed.

The action scenes are absolute garbage with the final shootout being literally The Gorton's Fisherman standing still in front of a house unloading like 12 pistols. Oh and then what a twist turns out he was the main hot-guy brother's dad all along.

This is the main bad guy from The Boondock's Saints

This movie sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They made a sequel and somehow convinced Billy Connolly to be in it again. I don't remember what happens in it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They have a fast talking latino sidekick who drives a lowrider iirc. No joke.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

i missed the 'saints' part at the end of the title when i read it

gross, what a stupid movie

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
et nomine patri
et fili
et spiritus sanctus
amen

*shitposts*

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

the American Irish don't have much op

Let em have this one

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

*AND THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!*
:slick::slick::slick::slick::slick:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smugworth posted:

the American Irish don't have much op

Let em have this one

They have:

Boston
The Police
Several bars in every city
An entire day
Flogging Molly
Those caps they all wear

I do not in fact have to hand it to them

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
UTAH SAINTS! U-U-U-UTAH SAINTS!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Whats you got, bruv?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like Smallcock Taints if you ask me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I watched it while blackout drunk. So no, I've never seen it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

More like Smallcock Taints if you ask me

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You're right OP. Why even talk about it?

This thread is now about The Boondocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D08yJL4rks

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k1XyvwM4no

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Wasn't the guy who wrote this movie legit nuts. Like bonkers.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
You have to give the amazing back story of the director, op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Boondock Saints is my favorite Spike Lee Joint

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Also a cat dies in this movie that isn't cool at all

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ron Jeremy also dies however :thunk:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
About all I remember about the movie is a toilet being dropped from a tallish building, because there's something satisfying about smashing porcelain. Yes, I am 10 years old.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

my dog died im sad posted:

As a purposefully over the top action movie designed to parody the idea of vigilantism it's pretty funny.

Someone in another thread said the writer meant it all completely straight faced and vigilantism is good so who knows.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

IS IT DEAD?

:haw:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

my dog died im sad posted:

They made a whole documentary about it called Overnight. He torpedoed the initial deal with Miramax because he wouldn't stop fighting with Harvey Weinstein though, so stopped clock and all

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Havent seen it but it looks like poo poo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like the Boones Farm Shits!!!

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Also a cat dies in this movie that isn't cool at all

I read an interview with the deranged director Tony Gunk or whatever the gently caress his name is and he said he wanted a cat to get shot in the movie because he hates cats. He's a real normal one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Around 2009 or so a person I knew became homeless and needed a place to stay, so I let her and her boyfriend stay in my living room until they got on their feet.

After they moved out again (into an unsustainable, way too big and way too expensive for their income apartment but that's another story) the boyfriend insisted I watch Boondock Saints with him.

I remember thinking some scenes were like "Oh, okay, I can see why you're into that, former military guy who can't budget in the Great Recession economy," but most of the movie I was not really impressed.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

But have you considered how much having an old Irish bartender with Tourette syndrome and an inability to correctly remember adages could add to every action movie?

Also I am pretty sure it's ok to go into any bar in Boston and say "hey fuckass get me a beer" to optimize your service

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Um there is no denying that young Norman Reedus is insanely hot even next to Adonis Connelly

Seriously, I watched the movie and was checking out Norman and I'd never seen him before. He's a perfect example of the power of charisma

Well Harvey Keitel too

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I thought it was a parody the whole time lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Harvey Keitel is 80 and married Spinz!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

twice i ate at the Lakeview Tavern in Toronto which is the restaurant they film in for this and a lot of movies

TWICE i have got food poisoning from this place

THEY ALSO HAVE THE AUDACITY to serve AND CHARGE FOR fried chicken in CORN FLAKES

gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Well yeah they are hot as hell but is this a cinema or an abercrombie and fitch catalogue

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Harvey Keitel hangs dong in The Piano

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

But is there a fire fight?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

they're not isis though because they're from boston

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

kntfkr posted:

Harvey Keitel is 80 and married Spinz!

And she didn't tell us!? Anyway, congratulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Weka posted:

And she didn't tell us!? Anyway, congratulations.

Harvey hung dong at the wedding too.