Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Saw this thread in one of the replies, https://twitter.com/marcowenjones/status/1581212669637369858 some stats buff uni prof saying the 6500 number is bunk? Any idea on if this is just sponsored interference or just someone going off because it's a topic close to their area of specialty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Thanks for the replies, that thread looked good but it helps to run it past people who are more plugged in. Completely missed he was a Uni prof over there.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Those things have air conditioning. Those things have air conditioning, right? Right?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Looking forwards to the lessons learned and applied in the inevitable 2030 World Cup hosted in Saudi Arabia

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Al-Saqr posted:

congrats guys now you can go back to ignoring the piles of dead laborers and corrupt government contracts worth trillions and deals going on now that your easy outrage consumption needs are fulfilled.

Are the "guys who are ignoring the piles of dead laborers and corrupt government contracts worth trillions and deals going on now" in here in the room with us now?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

EEKA GEEK posted:

I personally get a sense people are triangulating on peoples' posts in other subforums and razzing them for unrelated things and it kinda sucks.

I personally get a sense people are less charitable to a poster who made it obnoxiously clear where they stand on a contentious issue that the thread doesn't cover, making the thread about themselves briefly, but hey maybe everyone is hitting up post history instead who knows

Qatar bad(?)

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Koreans breathing a sigh of relief

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Al-Saqr posted:

I gotta say, this World Cup was incredible, just a complete rollercoaster from start to finish, and the final was incredible, I have many criticisms against qatar but they really pulled off an incredible achievement for the Arab world by pulling off this event as well as they did.

Butterfly Valley posted:

How are Qatar responsible for the quality of the foot you cretin