Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/leonardocarella/status/1594392531827331072

Ah yes, the famously western-exclusive game of soccer, as unknown and inaccessible to the Global South as ice hockey.

It is the west that is telling the rest of the world this! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Brazilian state flags are all excellent.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
For as much time and money went into all this, they seem somehow... underprepared?

They probably could have built metro links and run a train a minute to get people to and from the venues instead of having driving be the only way to get around. VIPs would have the roads to themselves so it’s win-win.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

It makes me think of when the Saudi's first bought WWE events and insisted they include a lot of half-dead pensioners in the line-up so the matches were poo poo, and then sat around the ring in huge VIP chairs visibly not paying any attention so the crowd response was poo poo.

Only god knows how much more expensive.

The figure I keep hearing bandied about is $200 billion.

Globe Life Field cost $1.1 billion. So theoretically, including almost a billion dollars in grift per stadium, they might have been able to build up to 100 fully retractable roof stadiums for that money. Architecturally they aren't that interesting, so where did the money go?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I personally get a sense people are triangulating on peoples' posts in other subforums and razzing them for unrelated things and it kinda sucks.

There absolutely are people who are saying "ah, now I can enjoy the World Cup, unfettered by guilt"

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

KazigluBey posted:

I personally get a sense people are less charitable to a poster who made it obnoxiously clear where they stand on a contentious issue that the thread doesn't cover, making the thread about themselves briefly, but hey maybe everyone is hitting up post history instead who knows

Qatar bad(?)

I don't know what issue you're referring to but thank you for proving my point, that's the place to confront them

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
As someone else mentioned earlier, rowdy fans and pointy objects (even toy swords) are never a good combo.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
My complaint is this link will go dead soon because they're copyright striking everything, but what a goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeiZKZ7pfoY

(Richarlison's goal)

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1597276175474515970?t=yQWpGT-LN-JckJxSH__alg&s=09

For this dry rear end shawarma that's in a tortilla for some reason?

No Scran!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Pook Good Mook posted:

These loving pieces of poo poo.

If you want a stronger argument for why we need to shift away from fossil fuels, it's these worthless fucks.

Hmm

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Tough to tell I heard there's one born every minute

Now this got a "lol" out of me.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I technically can’t become bored if i was never excited to begin with!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Ladies and gentlemen, the Dancing Eto'os!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like he got Etoo'd :dadjoke:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Please ban all the Qanon lunatics that posted after Wahl’s death, Jesus Christ

The people who thought it was a murder, right?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
They 100% whacked him. They couldn't let the truth about rainbow shirts get out, or something idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A little hoolie goolie for ya