Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rahu posted:

Best part from the nytimes article

:discourse:

Don't forget you can also get BrewDog's Punk IPA, despite BrewDog's very public condemnation of the tournament (and by extension, the whole country)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Gasmask posted:

How long before it emerges that guy has been paid millions of Qatar bucks lmao

Before or after the tournament kicks off

He actually lives in Qatar

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

was the jimmy hill saying he was a victim of discrimination because he had a big chin thing real or just a stewart lee bit

because infantino has legit pulled that with his "i was bullied because i had red hair so its cool that qatar stones gays and besides europe did the crusades so shut up"

this world cup is already delivering the lols, and i hope it just gets worse from here

Oh it's about to get a lot worse, believe me

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Arivia posted:

So are the stadiums and training grounds air conditioned? Obviously the fan stuff isn’t

How do you air condition an entire stadium?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i dont know where else to post this but given we're six hours away from The Greatest World Cup, 6,500 Skulls and Counting, how are we doing MDTs/general discussion thread? Are we just doing one mega one?

One thread for all matches per day would probably make the most sense

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

All 11 players should wear the armband instead. Force the ref to book 11 players before the match has even kicked off.

Sod trying to win this tournament, let's just turn it into a total farce instead.

It's what it deserves.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

why did Attitude even have him on the cover

David Beckham is (or was) ironically a gay icon

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

He probably wasn't murdered, but they also didn't really try very hard to keep him alive either, so... *shrugs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

puchu posted:

I enjoyed the foot at this World Cup especially when Saudi Arabia beat another team. With that in mind that’s why they should get the World Cup

Saudi Arabia were the last team to beat Argentina so they're now the lineal World Champions