Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Alan Smithee posted:

not being british i dont know the subtle differences in accents and Scouser sounds like a low level mob you farm for throwing knives

Hilariously if you knock over scouser chavs in the high street they also have knives in their inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Failed Imagineer posted:

So pepperoni in Saudi isn't pork? :wtc:

What do you think they use in Muslim owned places in the west that don't do ham?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Has the advantage of being true for Canada and US at least

From what I've learned watching street food shows, Mexico probably already has some drink with Budweiser and bacon plus some extras like chili peppers, Doritos, gummy bears and whipped cream. It's also deep fried somehow and covered in mayo and cheese sauce and tastes amazing.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i think i read somewhere pepporoni was part beef somewhere anyway and that blew my mind

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
When I lived in the Middle East a hamburger was nowhere to be found. A beefburger was quite ubiquitous though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Strawman posted:

What do you think they use in Muslim owned places in the west that don't do ham?

Dunno I've never been into a Muslim pizzeria

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

webmeister posted:

Should hand the armbands out to every coach, manager, advisor, doctor and every other support team member standing on the sidelines. They're not in the field of play so it shouldn't be a problem according to FIFA

This and this

Dell_Zincht posted:

All 11 players should wear the armband instead. Force the ref to book 11 players before the match has even kicked off.

Sod trying to win this tournament, let's just turn it into a total farce instead.

It's what it deserves.

combined would be hilarious. Matches starting late bc of having to hand out 40+ yellow cards, matches getting abandoned after teams being down to six men... A 200bn hommage to the Claypole vs Victoriano Arenas match :swoon:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/joelycett/status/1594657948525289473

Joe Lycett is still a good lad

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He was a good lad either way, but nice to see the obvious confirmed. Also, David Beckham is a bellend

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

why did Attitude even have him on the cover

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

David Beckham is (or was) ironically a gay icon

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

He was a good lad either way

Yeah, it was meant as a followup to this post. Suppose I should have quoted myself.

TheRat posted:

Speaking of which, Joe Lycett is a good lad https://benderslikebeckham.com/

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He did a lot of posing for underwear back in the day. His glistening abs were popular with lots of people.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Joe Lycett posted:

You were the first premiership footballer … to speak openly about your gay fans, and you married a Spice Girl which is the gayest thing a human being can do

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Christian Horner confirmed gayest F1 boss.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Lawton_Times/status/1594670971180679169

Ah, I love a good shitshow

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe the Liverpool fans would do this again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
So that's why the stands were half empty yesterday

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It’s cool that it’s the LGBT rights that’s getting all the headlines because at the end of the day it’s a harmless topic for the media to talk about since nothing will be done about it while the mountains of dead workers is gonna be shuffled aside in the culture war and arms sales will continue to qatar and the gulf at large

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Genuinely think there should be a baseline requirement of qualification for previous tournaments for prospective hosts.

Like you can't bid to host the World Cup if you haven't qualified for three out of the previous five, something like that.

I get all the arguments for "growing the game" and all that, but it makes more sense to have the World Cup in a country where there's already decent football infrastructure.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

David Beckham is (or was) ironically a gay icon

oh yeah the Metro thing lol

back when bill clinton was the first black president

what a time period

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Tortilla Maker posted:

When I lived in the Middle East a hamburger was nowhere to be found. A beefburger was quite ubiquitous though.

This is true in the UK too. It drove me mad when I visited

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You need to ask for a steamed ham instead, it's usually off-menu

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

You need to ask for a steamed ham instead, it's usually off-menu

it's a Scottish expression

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This is true in the UK too. It drove me mad when I visited

You're better off not eating in that god-forsaken place

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

You're better off not eating in that god-forsaken place

what just take the chunnel to france during lunch?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

It’s cool that it’s the LGBT rights that’s getting all the headlines because at the end of the day it’s a harmless topic for the media to talk about since nothing will be done about it while the mountains of dead workers is gonna be shuffled aside in the culture war and arms sales will continue to qatar and the gulf at large

If the west actually cared about migrant workers, we would all have very different immigration, asylum, and refugee policies

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Al-Saqr posted:

Should’ve been a multi-host event with Oman hosting the LGBTQ+ crowds. Or is that not tolerated anymore now that Qaboos is dead?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Alan Smithee posted:

it's a Scottish expression

I'm from East Dunbartonshire and I've never heard of a steamed ham.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I'm from East Dunbartonshire and I've never heard of a steamed ham.

Not East Dunbartonshire, no, it’s a West Dunbartonshire expression

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm somewhat surprised how little resistance FIFA has offered thus far. I mean you'd think they'd find at least one symbolic issue to push back on PR but they give even less of a poo poo than I thought.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm somewhat surprised how little resistance FIFA has offered thus far. I mean you'd think they'd find at least one symbolic issue to push back on PR but they give even less of a poo poo than I thought.

They give zero shits, what is anyone gonna do? Not broadcast the World Cup? Not send teams to the main reason for national teams existing? They aren't even pushing back on the sponsor bits because is Budweiser actually going to give up being the sole beer available at one of the biggest sporting events in the world just because they weren't at one?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The corruption and rot runs so deep that I'm sure anyone that says anything would be destroyed immediately

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

njsykora posted:

They give zero shits, what is anyone gonna do? Not broadcast the World Cup? Not send teams to the main reason for national teams existing? They aren't even pushing back on the sponsor bits because is Budweiser actually going to give up being the sole beer available at one of the biggest sporting events in the world just because they weren't at one?

What are you going to do bitch? Start liking another sport.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yeah FIFA is too big to be accountable to anyone

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/grantwahl/status/1594721724746338305

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

What are you going to do bitch? Start liking another sport.

Im thinking of going to F1, would be nice to watch a sport not totally beholden to corporations that has no questionable events held in or near the middle east and I feel I've got the right pick here

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Insurrectionist posted:

Im thinking of going to F1, would be nice to watch a sport not totally beholden to corporations that has no questionable events held in or near the middle east and I feel I've got the right pick here

If you pick cricket instead you can be on the ground floor of major league cricket in the states

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

so brave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

njsykora posted:

Apparently Budweiser is going to take a 75m loss on beer sales and sue FIFA for it so it will be interesting to see what happens then, but yeah FIFA can’t and won’t do anything at this point, which is exactly why Qatar waited until the week before the start to start springing poo poo on them.