Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

have we revisited this classic article itt

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/nov/25/world-cup-2022-qatar-fifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

iirc weren't you able to book tickets from Israel, but they would come with the country listed as 'Occupied Palestine'?

gotta hand it to em, etc, etc
okay i like qatar now lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

whypick1 posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna51410

Even "better", doctors informed her she was pregnant and in order to un-gently caress her spine she had to get an abortion.

The Dashcon ball pit never actively hurt anyone, so the Twitchcon foam pit seems more on brand for Qatar.

holy poo poo :smith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Would anyone actually care if Qatar openly bribed to win the opening match? Who cares? Whatever dude this whole thing is run by the biggest crooks on earth.
lots of people would care. no-one who matters would, though

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jippa posted:

Infantino is not feeling so gay today it seems.
too busy trying to stop the yarmulke from slipping off

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

why did Attitude even have him on the cover

Joe Lycett posted:

You were the first premiership footballer … to speak openly about your gay fans, and you married a Spice Girl which is the gayest thing a human being can do

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

BigSexy posted:

Is it typical to have so many empty seats at these group matches? Do they still have a lot of hotel rooms open? I know they built those tent cities anticipating no hotels but the stadiums are like 25% empty
lol no the corporate bigwig seats are sometimes empty but that’s it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

We've not even got to the bit where everyone's trapped there cause they can't get home

Gianni Infantino is going to step up and transport the migrant workers’ hammers back home on his private jet, what a leader 😍

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

congrats guys now you can go back to ignoring the piles of dead laborers and corrupt government contracts worth trillions and deals going on now that your easy outrage consumption needs are fulfilled.
sure seems like you’ve made up a thing to be mad about because there’s been a whole bunch of coverage about migrant worker deaths

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

sorry to be the one to tell you this but MSM are banned from Qatar
lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i only have one source for what the crusades were like and my opinion is it’s cool to get the Crusader trait but more often than not you lose too many men and some neighbouring rear end in a top hat will take advantage of it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the youtube channel Middle Eats is real good, all the recipes are simple and any i tried were good poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

not to beat a dead horse here but if you can't be bothered to serve someone chicken with some kind of sauce what the gently caress are you even doing
it’s sportwashing not scranwashing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“only the captain can talk to the ref” is a great idea in theory but players are way more spread out in football. what if a striker accidentally elbows someone during a corner and his captain is the keeper, the keeper has to trudge all the way up the pitch to talk about it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

these days you can’t even call it the Summer Olympics in case you offend an emir

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tai posted:

I'm sure a new world record will happen in the marathon in 45C heat.
oh easily. new york marathon 2008 holds the record for most runner deaths with a paltry 3

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

puchu posted:

Surely Boston marathon 2013 is the real record holder here
nope

not even 3 runners

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vando posted:

I hate Sebastian Coe
big same op

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

Qatar World Cup whistleblower was tortured
yeah i watched uruguay ghana

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i’d not be surprised if none of the officials knew who he was tbh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

one thing you have to say about lowtax is he wasn’t against taking his shots

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Ah, a fellow fan of every football team in the world

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

RIP top forum TRP
back to the 10 of us saying pooshited and nice meltdown for the next 4 years, can’t wait

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

nice meltdown
nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

do we get a trophy for that?