Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kawalimus posted:

Yet might win like one more game the whole season the way we're playing.

Magicpants posted:

for context, the Ravens are currently the #1 seed in the AFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1465171683841617925

The Clowns

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

how the hell do you get 4 ints and lose lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We've got the Steelers(Probable L), @Browns(Less probable L), Vs Packers(Guaranteed L), @Bengals(Guaranteed L), Vs Rams(Probable L, they haven't looked great but miles ahead of us), Vs Steelers(tossup).

Two wins max here.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

how the hell do you get 4 ints and lose lol

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i see. fascinating.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Time to blame another parent!

https://twitter.com/BrownsByBrad/status/1465182673899511811?s=20

This team is going to fully meltdown

edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1465183899919826944

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 29, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Browns got exactly one (1) good year before they went back to Brownsing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Well it’s 2022 and the Browns continue to Clown all over themselves. Last season we got lucky facing the NFC East and did get a memorable win over the Steelers. I should expect that to be all we can get and expect to go to the NFL Draft thread like usual. I don’t know why I got invested or had hope.

Put Baker on IR, let him try to salvage some kind of career and heal up. Same with our other hurt players.

God willing we beat the Steelers in our last game against them and dash all their playoff hopes like a grenade and make Ben cry again.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 29, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just the absolute dumbest loving thing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wonder if Haslam gets the urge to blow things up, maybe there is something in the background of letting Baker go out there

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Why would the Browns want to blow things up? Really if Mayfield would just let himself heal up they'd be a drat good team and definitely an AFC contender this year.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Kawalimus posted:

Why would the Browns want to blow things up? Really if Mayfield would just let himself heal up they'd be a drat good team and definitely an AFC contender this year.

My friend, they are the Browns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kawalimus posted:

Stefanski could just bench him or the GM could put him on IR so he heals.

Why blow it up? Because Jimmy loving Haslam baby.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I didn't watch the game so the first time I saw this post I thought "yeah no poo poo the Browns would lose if Mayfield threw four picks". Then I looked at the actual game stats and lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Defense played well tonight overall considering their goal was to shut down the run game at all costs and dare a hobbled Mayfield to beat them.

lol I know I'm taking the bait but this post just bothers me

you act like it's so easy to stop the best RB tandem in the league. just gotta "sell out". why didn't every team in the league just do that when they were getting destroyed by Chubb? what does that even mean against their scheme?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndrewP posted:

lol I know I'm taking the bait but this post just bothers me

you act like it's so easy to stop the best RB tandem in the league. just gotta "sell out". why didn't every team in the league just do that when they were getting destroyed by Chubb? what does that even mean against their scheme?

did you know the stove is hot

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I enjoy the childlike wonder of Kawalimus confronting a truly bad team.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

They use 2015 because Russ threw four picks in the playoffs against the Packers and won beat that Lamar! :argh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Magicpants posted:

for context, the Ravens are currently the #1 seed in the AFC

Regardless of team/QB I'd still be annoyed if we won despite 4 picks.

Kawalimus posted:

We've got the Steelers(Probable L), @Browns(Less probable L), Vs Packers(Guaranteed L), @Bengals(Guaranteed L), Vs Rams(Probable L, they haven't looked great but miles ahead of us), Vs Steelers(tossup).

Two wins max here.

I dunno about two wins max but every win counts in the AFC atm. Pats/Bills finally going at it should clear things up a bit.

You'll smoke the Steelers at home and Browns again though, both teams are doodoo rear end.

v Kawalimus is right

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 29, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Stop feeding the gimmicky troll.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

Regardless of team/QB I'd still be annoyed if we won despite 4 picks.

You'll smoke the Steelers at home and Browns again though, both teams are doodoo rear end.

The Ravens very nearly lost to those Browns last night at home. And we will not beat Pittsburgh unless that last game is totally meaningless for them then maybe. They will look 100% better against us and we will struggle to score and move the ball as we have been doing for the last several weeks.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I enjoy the childlike wonder of Kawalimus confronting a truly bad team.

I remember 2002 and the Boller years. I saw 2007. I saw the mid 2010s teams(for the most part). So I know a bad team. When I expect us to be bad it's not as jarring. It's when I expect us to be good and we are doing what we are doing that I get so annoyed. Again look at our wideouts. Why is our passing game so horrendous? We heard all this about how we need more weapons. Well we got them. And it's still bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Stop feeding the gimmicky troll.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How can anyone look at the steelers in their current form and then predict that they will lose or tossup to them? The Ravens are a really good team that faced a tough pass defense yesterday and still overcame. They're the number 2 seed right now and, even if they may have a fight with the bengals for the division, are still on track for a playoff run.

Kawa absorbed all the gendo era team self loathing and has internalized it to an unhealthy extreme.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I really don't see what you want from me. My issues and concerns go beyond this season in that our top QB who we're trying to negotiate a long term deal with just threw 4 picks at home against a division rival, some of them totally inexplicable. And he makes these sorts of picks seemingly every week now. Every week he's good for like one or two completely boneheaded turnovers. Which is ok if he's making enough plays otherwise to compensate for it but that hasn't been happening really.

So we need to figure out exactly why this is happening. Because we have the weapons. Is it Roman? Harbaugh? Lamar just regressing? Figure it out and do something about it. Again, I realize we are injured and that is hurting us. But with the receiving talent we have we should be more functional than we are.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Does your QB have issues? Potentially.

Does that mean that you're a probable loss to the 2021 Pittsburgh Steelers? :lol: no.

You need perspective. The world isn't falling down for the Ravens. They're not the cowboys.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

IMO Ravens being the "1" in 1-37 when a QB throws 4 INTs in a game makes me think he's right that the Ravens have something to figure out on offense.

The AFC and NFL in general is a race to the bottom this year, every team is frauds, and the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

If Baker Mayfield wasn't stupid and rested himself the Browns probably win that game running away.

Like I said earlier I think the fog in the AFC is clearing and by the end of the year we'll know the real contenders from it--whom I suspect are Tennessee(w/ Henry), New England, Cincinnati, and Kansas City. Maybe Buffalo too. The rest are just too flawed/injured to really expect a major run.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 29, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

If Baker Mayfield wasn't stupid and rested himself the Browns probably win that game running away.

Bird poster is right

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hell, I'll go a step further and say that Case Keenum wins that game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axyilj7xUI

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

On one hand I have no qualms with the Rams

On the other gently caress them and the Bucs for trying to make the NFL like the NBA

The nba rules, we should be so lucky to have the nfl look more like it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1465321481236271116?s=21

Tony Sparano jr is apparently on this staff.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1465320585534267399

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

bummer that Baker's injuries and injuries alone made him run around under pressure with nobody to throw to and finish with a sub 50% completion rate, especially when the ravens were merely Selling Out To Stop The Run

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s time the Browns give the keys to Case Keenum and let Baker sit and heal. If we are a run first team and just need a game manager who dinks and dunks then this should be ok. Conklin being out is a problem but let’s hope our Line can hold it together to make lanes for our RBs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

bummer that Baker's injuries and injuries alone made him run around under pressure with nobody to throw to and finish with a sub 50% completion rate, especially when the ravens were merely Selling Out To Stop The Run

Oh very much credit to us--we came in with the correct defensive gameplan and for the most part executed it well especially against their strong run game. Was reminiscent of the efforts against Henry a year ago.

But they still almost beat us, and a healthier QB likely makes the difference.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar made his fair share of mistakes but I'm more worried about the overall look of the offense. The line's total inability to provide adequate time and space is an offensive death knell. It seems like the line can't adapt to any kind of disguised pressure so defenses can rush 4-5, get immediate pressure, and still have plenty of bodies for tight coverage since they'll only have to cover for 2 seconds. In the past the Ravens would run right over those fronts but clearly this Ravens run game isn't even a shadow of what is was.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The biggest question about the Stafford trade now is was it worth losing 4-5 defensive starters over getting him to improve the offense. Rams have 45 million tied up QBs now and were forced to take losses on defense with the hope that Stafford would bring the offense up enough to improve the team. It looked good the first 8 weeks but it has loving stunk the last 3. I still think they can fix it, but yeesh the defense isn't going to get better.

The other moves this off-season that look horrible in retrospect is the DeSean Jackson signing and drafted Tutu Atwell with their top draft pick. That's another 5 million in cap and a 2nd round pick that they could have used to help the defense or offensive line and got absolutely nothing out of.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DariusLikewise posted:

The biggest question about the Stafford trade now is was it worth l

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rams still needed to replace Goff,. In an alternate world instead of that trade are they like... signing Fitzpatrick and trying to ride that instead? Because in most situations, I think they're in a worse spot right now then what they did.