Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tsietisin posted:

Do yourselves a favour, just get it over with. Don't deal with the stress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

I've barely heard any Christmas music so far this year. Genuinely can't wait to get Slade and Wizzard on a loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Are they holding a bunch back for a slow news day or something?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Both my original and booster card have been in my wallet since I got them. Just in case of... idk.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's mostly just IT Crowd that's noticeably horrible in hindsight.

ThomasPaine posted:

I choose to believe that Arthur Matthews did most of the heavy lifting on Father Ted
Same with Dylan Moran and Black Books.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

welcome to peppa pig world, winston.

You'd best start believing etc etc

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Imagine growing up and seeing that your dad hated your family days out and joked about how loving poo poo it was to the press. Your formative memories.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

the ladies who sung the famous 'ketchup song'

I tend to have trouble picking out lyrics in music and TIL that song is in Spanish and not mumbled English.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WhatEvil posted:

And what's worse is that this viewpoint of the sensible centrist is what's always pushed by the media, by the educational system etc. - I was literally taught that horseshoe theory was fact at school as part of the history corriculum. Here's the left and here's the right and if you go too far to the left you literally become Hitler, and all the sensible serious men in suits are here broadly in the centre.

Yep. This was basically the only thing I was taught about party politics in my formative years. I think it was literally just 'both Hitler and Stalin were basically the same, look at this horseshoe'. This poo poo stuck with me though and I fully believed it until probably my early 20s.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Chaser

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1468178783207243780?t=tg3EF6A00BsDuO18hBj7ZQ&s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What really boils my piss is that this would have been so much more damaging last January when the outrage was fresh but the usual suspects just decided not to tell anyone about it for a year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

Booster didn't touch me really

Yeah the first one wrecked me and the second gave me a bit of bother but the booster was absolutely fine.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/1468838487499673603?t=FIyPCyQ4dbNW5L5t_E551A&s=19

Add this guy to the list of people doing more opposition than the actual opposition.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm starting to get the impression that Cummy's upset he missed out on the party.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That woman with her hood up definitely held a Christmas party.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Convex posted:

Love the art, not the artist, always the way :cool:

edit: I am specifically referring to Blackadder here

Yeah basically everyone involved in that turned out to be a dickhead.

Are Fry and Laurie generally ok these days?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Idk, I doubt many people will care that much about an office quiz when people were already working in the office.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Question IRL posted:

Just because it's a piss take doesn't mean it's not a thing.
My friend sent me this just after I read that Wang Commander tweet. It's like there is a culture of people who are mainlining Covid vaccines.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1470161631430778886?t=QwKzDyTZh5oNNirKLpx95Q&s=08

First they say he's selfish for not getting the vaccine. Then they say he's selfish for getting too many vaccines. There's no pleasing some people. :v:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't care about that dickhead's documentary but this is illuminating to say the least:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1470668406865207298?t=sAzvuX5azNxye1pmEVwaWQ&s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TheRat posted:

Especially since it does sweet gently caress all to limit transmission.

Hasn't that been debunked, rebunked and debunked again already?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Does NHS staff just cover medical professionals or everyone employed by it? Because there are plenty for people who just work for the NHS to put food on the table like everyone else, and there's no prerequisite that you not be an utter dickhead to work for it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I saw a lad walking through London Bridge station yesterday with a jumper that just said 'gently caress THE VAX' in huge block letters. May as well have painted oval office on his forehead.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Everything in that photo other than the lanyards and a few haircuts look like they're from 1982. The food and crockery especially.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barry Foster posted:

Never thought I'd die side by side with Mr Blobby

How about side by side with a fri-

https://twitter.com/ChesskaDoodles/status/1470865475169050627?t=PGVJzDO4ML1yiMMmSezNxQ&s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Payndz posted:

And for someone so openly anti-trans, it's ironic that she felt her alter ego had to be male.

That's also the whole reason she goes by JK rather than Joanne.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wonder how many people would actually take notice if they banned mixing at Christmas again. Probably not many?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That was the weirdest award acceptance speech I've ever watched.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Comrade Fakename posted:

I love the idea of Boris attending a “pizza party”. Was there jelly and ice cream too?!

Surely they had the unlimited ice cream machine deal where you pile gummy bears and chocolate buttons on top of the ice cream until you throw up.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm already seeing centrists in my timeline hail this as the start of the big pushback against the Tories and proof that Starmer's 4D chess plans are working. Lmao.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've got twins coming in a few months and I'm so glad we're both with the same employer and they're pretty good with mat/pat leave. The idea of having to go back to work after two weeks is stressing me out just thinking about it. I don't understand why paternity leave isn't at least a couple of months as standard - it's all very antiquated.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They would simply switch to "rope is cheaper".

If you forego the trial and appeal process, sure. They'd probably be happy with that though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

the senior management of the health trust i worked for were rancid people with poo poo for brains and they thought that microsoft excel was the alpha and omega of computing

It's pretty good for most things tbh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Aidan_702 posted:

I feel like I’m the only prick who still likes turkey :( tbf I have it literally once a year so it’s kind of a novelty the whole time.

For me 99% of the time turkey's dry and tasteless so I don't tend to have it. But having a massive, moist turkey leg smothered in gravy on Christmas day is amazing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Question IRL posted:

So my preference would be to go for a smaller (but still substantial) Turkey Crown to cook. Only upgrade to full Turkey if you have a bunch of people to feed. And you want left overs to make a Turkey Satay with.

A turkey crown is rendered inherently pointless by its lack of legs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Guavanaut posted:

Standard stuffing is just that, it's substitute sausagemeat made of breadcrumbs and dry herbs. If you use it as a fibreboard canvas for butter/olive spread and fresh herbs and some crushed chili then you can get some great results.

There was some homemade stuffing chat last month too, but I haven't tried that yet.

I manage to love stuffing in all forms. A packet of Paxo on its own, proper home made, 99% sausage meat - it's all amazing and I could easily have a plate of just that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WhatEvil posted:

This goes for all of the green cruciferous veg. Broccoli, Kale, Cabbage, etc. are all loads better when fried than boiled. You don't even need to use much (or sometimes, any) oil/fat to do it.

Broccoli, particularly tenderstem, is really good if you just whack it into a medium-hot skillet and let it char in places.

Yeah broccoli and carrots were both things I grew up hating only to realise in my 20s that they're delicious if you do anything other than boil them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tbf I've definitely seen them fail to get the answer before when it's been possible.

e: 84 is 1x12+72

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've seen the new Ant and Dec one advertised where there's apparently no cap on the amount you can win? Which seems insane and probably isn't true but I'd love it if some smug fucker bankrupted ITV in the first episode.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I always feel like any quiz show where the 'winner' can walk away with nothing is pretty bullshit. They've travelled down from Leeds, at least bung them a grand.

At the same time it's always a bit galling when they give celebrity contestants like £500 to give to their chosen charity if they lose. The equivalent of an infant school collecting pound coins to donate on non-uniform day.

OwlFancier posted:

Do they 1. still do the little 2p ones, and 2. let you win actual coins back off them?

I've only seen the higher denominations on the odd occasion I have been in an arcade and they all give you tickets which is crap, you want a big fistful of manky coins so you can feel like a pirate king.

I still think arcades should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for gluing down the 2p coins (and more recently empty iPod boxes) in precarious looking positions.

stev fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 21, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know if it's still there but the one in Basildon looked and smelled rank. Never tried it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That looks more like a beer drinking animatronic made out of a faceless mannequin. So it probably is Starmer.