Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Here's an interesting video on how Shatter's wheels work, which gives you some insight into just how finicky and impractical and awesome they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noqBUEgyQ8A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

If Deep Six had powered down their weapon, maaaaybe Smee... could have gotten them out with a push from the front, but they couldn’t do that, because getting stuck in the saw slot actually put that giant spinner at an angle where it might hit Smee...! All credit to Smee..., though, that wheel came off just before Deep Six got stuck, so they would have almost certainly gotten a legit win out of this anyway.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Honestly I wish the floor was more irregular. Give it a gently sloping hill in one spot, some ramps, some rumble strips, anything to disrupt this ground game poo poo.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I could see the sport eventually moving towards something more like a "stock" format. You get a, b, c, or d chassis, give it e, f, g, or h wheels, armor made from I, j, or k etc., maybe on a point buy system or something. I definitely think that's a long way off, since the focus right now is split between iterations of the meta defined by Bite Force, and innovations attempting to break that meta.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Ror posted:

This is blowing my mind, it's not just his looks, he seems like he has such dad energy. I had him pegged at mid-40s / 50ish.

Seriously, dude looks like Richard Herring. Not in a bad way, I just expect him to be reminding the Shredderator crew that International Men's Day actually does exist...

El Fideo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 22, 2022

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Has anyone told the one Sawblaze dude that it's actually a weird move to wave a white flag the whole time?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Has the catgirl robot ever even won a match?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Yeah but I do think the hazards should be stronger to give the control bots more to work with. The tech and armor have been advancing my leaps and bounds, but when was the last time the hazards did any real damage to a bot?

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Killsaws available the whole time, in banks controlled by the team. Push a button to make yours pop up for five seconds, then with a cooldown of ten seconds. Make pneumatic launchpads that will hurl a 250 pound object ten feet.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

NHRL going now, basically non stop fights now as they have 5 boxes, although 1 of them is only for the elimination matches and they are mostly ignoring them...

Interestingly though, Jamison Go's Silent Spring is running a shuffle / walker setup to be 5lb. Maybe some potential for a 500lb Sawblaze in the future?

They have a "finals" live stream schedule for 6PM EST, which will probably go to like midnight....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgyKEvpO6uU

You don't get this quality of fights from Battlebots.

oh hey the guy from Mammoth is taking a stint at the commentary table.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

The Icewave vs Whiplash match was also uploaded at the same time.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

ante posted:

I'm not an American fyi so that whole cultural phenomenon is foreign to me

I am an American and it's cringeworthy as gently caress. Difference being that at a pro sports game it's the organizers getting the military to do jet flyovers and poo poo, and here it's one dude desperately trying to make that happen.

He's the dork who helpfully reminds the teacher that we haven't been assigned any homework.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Nah, dude's a chud, fuckem.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Makes sense. Pretty sure the Vasquez family is behind a string of audacious art heists. Jason is doing Defender now because he thought they should expand to jewels.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Minotaur was insanely destructive in the ABC years, it's just had some major reliability problems that seem to have finally been worked out, and Freitas has always been the top driver in town.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Everyone keeps talking about Tantrum chewing on Hydra's nose without mentioning that it had also taken off about half of the side skirt. Going in from the side was working.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

There was a Tombstone versus Gigabyte match, where Tombstone manage to pop Gigabyte's who shell off, without actually doing much damage to the rest, so Gigabyte was basically turned into an RC car. Team Gigabyte tried to forfeit and the ref said they couldn't. Cue Gigabyte driving around the box in a panic trying to avoid Tombstone, who was also trying to avoid Gigabyte. Then Ray called across from the box, "Stop moving, John!" Which they did and got the count-out.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Great Beer posted:

That's Dragon King. It was built by the guy who made Red Devil from earlier seasons and fought in China. He sold it to some YouTuber a while back so I'm not sure who's actually running it.

I see what you did there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Red Devil got sold to the Osman guy, yeah. But you know who bought Dragon King? Team Skorpios.