Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mod here, Poocastle fans are allowed to get drunk and post. Carry on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Things were looking rough there for Leeds but when you factor in the at least 40 goals a rejuvenated Bamford will score between now and the end of the season I think anything less than 4th or 5th and questions will need to be asked

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Pleased for the royal house of Saud and their official footballing partners

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

greazeball posted:

Leeds Mod, any opinions on the San Frnacisco 49ers ownership stake? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59548311

They can't be any worse than the series of travelling circuses we've had roll into town over the last 20 years, he said never-had-an-american-in-100%-controlishly

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
They should cancel the season right now, before Leeds have to do the December gauntlet of doom

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When was the last double header in the top flight? Feel sure I read a guardian knowledge when during one of the terrible winters in the 70s there were so many postponed games they had to do multiple games on the same day to get through them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

We can trace the infection from Brentford to Spurs to Norwich with Ivan Toney as the initial unwitting vector.

Would hate to be the last team to have played Brentford and just coming to the end of a lengthy series of injuries to key players. That would be of concern

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
In the same vein why is Harry Kane only referred to by his full name at all times by commentators, as though if they said 'and Kane only has the keeper to beat' I'm going to assume he's about to chokeslam him and fires going to come up from the corner flags

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Trent is terrible and Liverpool should sell him ASAP to a club closer to his level, Leeds United for instance

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Defending is cowardly, real teams have shed themselves of this modern silliness and embraced the P R E S S

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Pogba is a clown and absolutely nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. I hope someone snaps him in half

Nodding sagely at this, but would rather he gets paid a fat wedge in another league then knocks man u out of Europe while doing seven trademarked goal celebrations at once

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It is interesting that ralfs got his big boy boots on straight away. Usually man united managers wait until they've completely lost the dressing room before they start throwing their weight around

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just watching yesterday's unpleasantness. I mean you can play with all your silly machines etc but that last penalty was not a pen. I have seen them given though and wasn't expecting a huge amount from the game. Add it to the 'played really well but could have done with a bit of luck' pile

After the equaliser I did do a lol at Chelsea just casually bringing Lukaku on while Leeds replaced Dan James with a 12 year old which has been the problem all season. No Phillips, no Cooper, bench full of toddlers. City away on Tuesday should be a laugh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still not concerning myself with the r word but I have increasingly been woken up in the middle of the night to Colin Murray standing in my back garden wordlessly gesturing to a picture of kalvin phillips in a man united shirt

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds haven't had any outbreaks or any players saying they've not had the jab so I'm taking this to mean that bielsa has done a 9000 slide PowerPoint explaining why they need to be careful, and not just that they've been told to not be stupid on social media

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Crooked man city not postponing tonight's game in the middle of a spike in infections, desperate to sneak a win past a Leeds team that's not even running on fumes because the fumes have run out. Sad!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was straight on the web looking for juicy details when arteta said he was dropped due to disciplinary issues hoping he'd chinned someone but he just came back a day late from compassionate leave. Very arsenal levels of disappointment

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fairly comprehensive pasting that. Not entirely unexpected but you can't handwave away a 7-0. Need a result against arsenal on Saturday or I'd be concerned about going into the January window when we clearly need experienced players to fill in the gaping holes in the squad (and a replacement for raphinha who is clearly going as soon as a bid comes in) and bielsa just will not sign them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't even know who we'd get in if they sacked bielsa. We have sensible owners now rather than petty small business tyrants so I know they'd at least think about it but I can't shake the dread that id wake up and it'd be loving aitor karanka or something

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

bewbies posted:

ledley king was pretty drat good between injuries

Yeah those 15 minutes were special

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Banging my big drum with 'end the season right now with the league positions as they are' written on it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Gonna assume this was the plan all along and the blatantly bent reffing of the last week has been an attempt to ensure as many Big 6 clubs are in the top 6 as possible.

Safe to assume. Refs can never be trusted

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like we should have had advanced knowledge of this virus wherever it's come from

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did do a genuine lol at the marketing guy that Everton wheeled out on the local news who said 'we don't need to postpone because we told every fan to wear a mask as they go to their seats'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did we ever find out which song it was Stevie wanted

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Listen I know it's selfish of me but I hope they go ahead with the boxing day fixtures, a full round of games with my turkey sarnies and quality street, what could be better than tha-

on the other hand we should really be paying attention to the data and taking a long term view, better to postpone imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

I'd be happier if they didn't release their janky as gently caress reasons for being poo poo

Huge disagree. Get them up on match of the day and make them watch the footage and talk through exactly why they've massively bottled it. Parade them through the streets so the children can laugh and throw rotten veg at them

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
No way he's 29, surely Everton can pay him 90k a week to do gently caress all

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bielsas strategy of putting together the best u23 side in the country is finally revealed. Truly thinking 7 moves ahead

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

greazeball posted:

Brazil airport come on

:hmmyes:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Extremely funny considering the vaccine take up for the football league alone is about 30%, and by funny I mean for fucks sake

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Speaking as a Leeds fan: I can't think of any potential future problems with this spending strategy

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was wondering when Leeds would get an outbreak as they've been quiet until now. Christmas is cancelled, see you all in the new year

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

If your players stop will they actually be able to get back up again?

I'm sure Bielsa's getting his Kevin McAllister Christmas training course set up to keep them busy during the downtime

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

we could arrange a boxing day watchalong for a classic game instead

like that villa vs stoke (I think) goalless draw that had no shots and actively provoked people to self-harm

That sounds like an excellent idea op. Idk if we'd make one of those weird synchtube things or just click on the link bang on 3:00. You'd also have to find an actual match and not some guy commentating over a still image for 90 minutes. A world cup final maybe?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Baldiola posted:

“Should the players and the managers be all together and make a strike? Just through words it’s not going to be solved. For Fifa, the Premier League, the broadcasters, the business is more important than their welfare. The simplest example is all around the world they have five substitutions; here it’s still three. Tell me one argument to take care of players’ welfare than this one? Here, where everyone decides for themselves, we didn’t do it.”

Putting away my 'cancel the league' drum and getting my even bigger drum labelled 'player strike'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Wonder what would happen if they did tbh

Sudden increase in 'WIN a chance to play for your favourite team!!' competitions

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Clubs that can't field a team and therefore depriving us of boxing day foot should have to forfeit with a double point deduction

On the contrary the selfless teams that have sensibly decided to cancel to try and flatten the curve should be given bonus points and immunity from relegation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Raphina to Bayern on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!

Think how many academy players bielsa can buy with that