Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How humiliated are the Buffalo Bills?
they are so shook that they spiral into a losing streak and miss the playoffs
they should dismantle the franchise, let the players sign to all different teams; NFL brings in a new franchise, maybe Mexico City
they should commit seppuku to spare their family their honor
their shame can never undone, their children’s children shall bear the sins of their fathers til the end of time
View Results

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr. Mercury posted:

they're gonna do the same fuckin thing all over again. no need to give away the playbook right before the playoffs

In theory if Allen can throw without dealing with a hurricane that might mean they’ll score points and so the Pats will have to throw more than 3 times. In theory. But the Bills live to surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
We like to joke about exposing fraud teams all the time, but this actually truly was a real exposure of the Bills and their fatal flaws. Minds = shattered. We beat up on the Titans too but they made it respectable by breaking some runs, plus they employ pro athletes to play defense for them instead of a stack of loose leaf paper.

This play was a run (naturally) that went for 11 yards.

You have never seen a team do this before. If this was a goalline defense, it'd be considered overselling against the run. Nobody has ever gotten beat so badly that they had to resort to putting 10 guys in the box every down. If anybody ever tried to put 10 guys in the box, everybody would throw touchdowns on them instantly. Instead, the Patriots elected to just keep running it into the strength of the defense and that defense still lost. The Bills had 1 job to do and they couldn’t do it.

On this drive, we tried a QB sneak on 3 and 5, and took it 4 yards. Then QB sneaked again to convert. Gotta manufacture touches for Mac somehow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is has ventured from schtick to mental illness

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

if by "mental illness" you mean "art" sure

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
There is much the NFC West can learn from this game about sticking to the one true path.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Magicpants posted:

Minds = shattered.

Yeah NOBODY knew to run the ball on the Bills.

Colts
Rushing yards 264
Possession: 37:47

Patriots
Rushing yards 222
Possession: 32:01

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this thread is going to lead to one hell of a hangover for mr magicpants

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Eh then he can Just do what the Freudian pats fan did and become a Bucs fan. Boom, precious feelings protected

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Y’all remember when Vontae Davis retired from the Bills at halftime. He took his pads off and drove home at halftime in a game he was starting in

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Vontae had some serious demons so I’m glad he’s doing well

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
not hungover yet, still drunk with power (runs)

ok ok im gonna look like such an idiot when the patriots lose a game this season to a team that isnt the bills and is built very differently from the bills in a way that poses specific problems that the bills dont. yall can own me when the bills rush for 100 yards on the falcons and jets.

:actually: hmm now I’ve had the time to scan through my perfect hairless spreadsheets, rather than waste my time “viewing” the “football game” with the mushy eyeballs that came with this worthless meatsack. I have to admit that I have seen all these same numbers before: just a bunch of 0s and 1s and 2s and 3s and 4s and 5s and 6s and 7s and 8s and 9s. BB didn’t invent a new number unlike :patssay:. In conclusion, Buffalo’s run defense took this game over, Patriots only averaged 4.8 YPC in a game where Buffalo had to defend the run alone – and you better believe that average goes down if you take away all the biggest runs which obviously don’t count for being too embarrassing (the Pats big TD came on a 3rd and 5, which everyone knows you never run in that situation, so they didn’t).

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
This game changed me as a person, I am a better person for having experienced it.

TFF’s heart is too hard and calloused from years of being hurt to let themselves be vulnerable to magic and wonder.

TFF witnessing Mount Vesuvius erupt, raining down molten rock and pyroclastic ash all around them: lol yall acting like you never heard of a volcano before

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I caught a single, fantastic, daemoniac glimpse of what lay back of those other violet westward mountains which the analytics had shunned and feared. The Old Ones could never be destroyed, they rise again for the tribute Great Belichick craved. Pound The Rock, that eldritch mocking cry pulsates through my head.

I hear and do strange things in sleep, and awake with a kind of exaltation instead of terror. I feel queerly drawn toward the the palaeogean magic of the forgotten run game instead of fearing it. Stupendous and unheard-of splendours await me atop the division, and I shall seek them soon. I shall go out to that brooding stadium in Foxboro and through black abysses to Cyclopean and many-columned Y’ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Old Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever. Pound The Rock! Pound The Rock!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Nervous posted:

There is much the NFC West can learn from this game about sticking to the one true path.

Marshawn Lynch was always right.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Looks like Josh Allen just turned your shrine into dust.

*dark souls point down*

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If Mac didn’t pass once I think the Pats lose by less.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Mac didn’t pass once I think the Pats lose by less.

If Nkeal Harry wasn't on the field that alone is worth a big swing

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this thread is why they've lost two in a row

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

AndrewP posted:

this thread is why they've lost two in a row

I didn’t want to say anything when this thread was at its peak but this is clear evidence that even the New England Patriots and their fans are not immune to hubris

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

I didn’t want to say anything when this thread was at its peak but this is clear evidence that even the New England Patriots and their fans are not immune to hubris

The Patriots tragically ran the football too close to the sun.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I thought this would surely be a banme thread

anyway, good luck making the playoffs

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

pasaluki posted:

Looks like Josh Allen just turned your shrine into dust.

*dark souls point down*

We're best friends now.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

We like to joke about exposing fraud teams all the time, but this actually truly was a real exposure of the Patriots and their fatal flaws.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Why did I click on this thread? Worm hole to madness.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
ALL

https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/1475209394694541317?t=9i5WPblmgD1jKCQLjbPMCg

HAIL

https://twitter.com/MereKatKat/status/1475210834188120068?t=iR48s7Tf8g9-p71KLbs32A

JOSH

https://twitter.com/TimeoutSPORTS3/status/1475193771541377034?t=z2OeZe3wCjb3QX_yucRlCw

ALLEN

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1475210955172630530?t=88G0K6e30PCTTevJ7FwsKA

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

All of that is well and good, but do you remember when the pats ran the ball on the bills 46 times and had only one completed pass but still won the game? It wasn't in 1948. It was Dec. 6, 2021.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

All of that is well and good, but do you remember when the pats ran the ball on the bills 46 times and had only one completed pass but still won the game? It wasn't in 1948. It was Dec. 6, 2021.

Don’t sell McCorkle short, he completed two passes that game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fartknocker posted:

Don’t sell McCorkle short, he completed two passes that game.

Lo siento, Mac.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bills fans have officially occupied this thread. Belichick statue defaced and torn own. OP long gone, his palace of smug crumbled

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh word

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Patriots are bad and a waste of a deserving playoff spot.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Is this the aftermath thread?

Oh wait actually this is actually the down 4 tds at halftime thread my bad

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Eat poo poo Patriots

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
If you look closely, you'll see that many of those touchdowns drives involved passing at some point. Therefore, they are worth less than those only involving the run.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
That singletary run game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Josh Allen did a lot of running.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Let’s not give Bill Belichick too much credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I like you fsif