Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

A couple of my friends just bought a house in Maine that was apparently built between 1763 and 1783 and in the giant attached barn is a pair of early 80s Goldwings. They are still trying to figure out if the bikes stay with the house.

Congrats on their new 'oldwings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

BabelFish posted:

This last year I
1. Became an actual father
2. Bought an NC750
3. Bought a high-vis outfit including airbag vest and helmet.

At this point I think I've reached at least a local maxima of dad.

Do you:

1. Have a pressure washer?
2. Always have a "cold one" after using said pressure washer?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

And then you ride one. And it's like the motorcycle equivalent of standing in front of the grill drinking a bud light with your neighbor who you don't really like, but you're stuck in the same boat with anyway, on a Sunday, while your one kid is hitting the other kid with a pool noodle, your wife is fully checked out and halfway down a box of white wine, and you stare into the brick facade of the house opposite thinking about how you're going to get up in the morning and drive to your job that you hate but need because it pays for all this, this is your life now, ain't it grand. Kawasaki Versys.

:chefkiss:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

One of you dads should buy this oldwing:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/529782121926348/

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Cycle Asylum › DADBIKE - God I can feel the magnetic pull of it from here

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

It is in lovely condition isn't it.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Gorson posted:

GL1200 has a six digit odo so it's probably correct.

The alternative is 1,024,000 miles on the odo....

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

You really do.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Now you need a cigar holder and an ash tray.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

New goldwing, still on that same old death stranding bullshit

If the luggage capacity on a sodding Goldwing is now proving to be insufficient, which it clearly is, why have you not yet invested in a Goldwing trailer?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also, sold the baby diarrhea brown goldwing 1200 yesterday

:rip: to a legend

It’s good to recycle old furniture, whoever bought it was hard up and needed a nice couch.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Lmfao

This is it steak, this is the funniest thing you'll ever say. It's all downhill from here.

:cheers:

Jimmy, you tried the latest model year ‘wings yet?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Strife posted:

This is probably a decent question for the Dadbike thread. How do you keep the stink out of your saddlebags? The bags on my Road Glide are air tight, and I'll occasionally use them for transporting cheeseburgers or burritos, but mostly they just contain a wind-proof longsleeve shirt, a first aid kit, and a hat (also some tools, bungie cords, etc). Despite that, they seem to always carry this kind of stale sour smell no matter how long I leave them open to air out in my garage.

Should I chuck a container of baking soda in there? This has got to be a problem someone else has solved.

Leather ones on Bob weren’t air tight and didn’t stink…

Yours: I would take ‘em off, wash, rinse, dry, dry again with a hair dryer, then keep silica pouches in there under everything else.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

At that point, I'd just take the car.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

My wife will find it sexy that I’m more protected

<Insert very funny joke about condoms/marriage>

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

This is the worst thing in the entire world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

So by far the hardest thing to come to grips with on the goldwing has been the sheer amount of torque. Getting used to the weight was pretty easy minus a tip over in the grass a week or so after I bought it.

I used to ride a bandit 1200 and that thing was a torque monster, but mostly it would deal with the torque by wheelieing, which would pretty instantly give you the feedback that you maybe should back off (or not, it’s a wheelie!).

The goldwing won’t really wheelie under normal circumstances, and is, as far as I can tell, significantly more torquey than the bandit, so what does it do? Apparently it just spins the tire.

This wasn’t an issue in the summer when the pavement and tires were both hot as hell, but now that the pavement is cool and the tires stay cold way longer, I’ve found myself just spinning the tire randomly. Today getting on an onramp with the temps in the low 40’s, it just spun the tire as I accelerated up the ramp, partially leaned over. Bit of a pucker moment.

Very weird feeling, and something I really have to pay attention to in the corners I suppose.

Fat Bob did that a bit recently on the damp roads, I puckered up too.

I'm basically not going to ride much this winter; one of these days when I've some time I'll clean them properly, respray the antirust, put in some fuel stabiliser in Bob, plug them into the to battery tenders and leave them alone for the winter.