Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

yes, both because of the full hi viz suit and modular helmet and because he pays extra for a license plate that states the model of the motorcycle it's on

edit: I completely missed that he was walking into a coffee shop. jesus h

also he paid double extra for the black and yellow plate and blue bottle coffee is in san francisco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tesla doesn't publish or provide service manuals for their vehicles -- except in Massachusetts, where there is a state right-to-repair law that requires that automotive manuals be made available to anyone who asks. The company is still allowed to charge for them, though.

So in Massachusetts, if you own a Tesla, you can sign up for a system where they will provide you with individual sections of the manual that you request in an online viewer...and they charge you to look at them on an hourly basis. :jeb:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh boy here comes Slavvy to tell you that torque figures are all bullshit for weenies and you can totally just do it all by feel, and yeah I do have 20 years of experience as a professional mechanic but I don't see how that's relevant

ilu man

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If I ever started commuting by motorcycle, it would be the first thing I'd buy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This isn't a bike in any sense of the term. Reported

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You could try these maybe

https://www.amazon.com/Loop-Quiet-Noise-Reduction-Earplugs/dp/B08MFDT65P

They are my favorite earplugs. They fit like earbuds, so if she doesn't like cramming earplugs in her ears but is fine with airpods etc she should have no trouble with these. Very soft and comfortable, they come with four different sizes of tips, they come in different colors, they don't look dorky, they don't get pulled out when you put your helmet on, and they take one second to insert.

Backroads and low revs are the way to ride, though. :cheers:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

On that point, are there cheap but also good helmet to helmet intercoms? My oldest rides with me on the goldwing occasionally and it’d be nice to not have to scream back and forth at stop lights.

I haven't personally tried them, but a student of mine says that he bought the generic $50/ea bluetooth intercom you can get in a million different variations on Amazon, and for just two-way communication they were even better than the Sena he also had. Better range and sound quality.

something like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Yideng-Motorcycle-interphone-Walkie-Talkie-Communication/dp/B01FFCWCPI

I assume they wouldn't work as well for the 8-way full octoplex group riding or whatever but that seems like such a niche thing. If you're just using it to talk to your kid while they're on the back of the bike, seems perfect.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dainese stuff is sort of notorious for having lovely zippers. The one on my jacket lost its pull tab a long time ago (replaced it with a key ring) and recently it just totally failed and doesn't zip at all anymore.

I don't know why they don't just use YKK zippers. I've never seen one of those fail. There's no need for any other brands.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Invalido posted:

ideally the zipper lasts longer than the fabric itself and having to trash a garment because of the zipper is frustrating.

Right, and a tough leather jacket is one of the longest-lasting garments there is. Even if the zipper is acknowledged to be a wear item, there's no excuse for using anything but the best and strongest. Dainese zippers are flimsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The old /5 and /6 are pretty enough.