Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Misery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what do the Ravens pay Lamar

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thank you, Raiders, for not loving up Andy Reid's scorigami.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Browns are still the same trash they were before the burn down

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*needs 6 yards for a first down to continue the game*

*throws a pass that doesn’t even come close to 6-7 yards*

Greg Roman, ladies and gentlemen!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Browns are still the same trash they were before the burn down

Which Browns? The Cleveland Browns or the Baltimore Browns?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Which Browns? The Cleveland Browns or the Baltimore Browns?

The Browns played the massively injured Ravens had a bye week then played the more massively injured Ravens down their 2 best defenders and starting QB. They barely won. This was supposed to be the Browns year. I don't know how you look at this season and see any future for this era of football in Cleveland.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns won. So the gently caress what. This game didn't need to get this close. Lamar was out of the game. What the gently caress with these dumb penalties and why do we always have 12 men on the field? What will it take for the Browns to be a real NFL Team I dunno. I'm kind of meh on them but it would be nice to have good things happen.

We have a tough schedule ahead of us so this win was needed. Harbaugh did the right thing letting Lamar rest, they don't need more injuries.

Just get into the Playoffs Browns. Just make it and do some poo poo and see what happens. I hope the entire AFCN makes it to the playoffs except the Steelers and I hope they lose embarrassingly and Ben cries forever.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah Browns should never have come close to losing that. Pretty good effort by the Ravens in the 2nd half--easily the best we've looked since the Miami game. Huntley could be a solid player in this league if he keeps at it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/ericvdunn/status/1468675766942584834?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I want Huntley to go on a tear just for the chaos

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I want Huntley to go on a tear just for the chaos

At least maybe that will shut down the "Lamar is irreplaceable!!"(formerly the "Flacco is irreplaceable!") crowd.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

At least maybe that will shut down the "Lamar is irreplaceable!!"(formerly the "Flacco is irreplaceable!") crowd.

this is easily your worst bit

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Huntley gives me strong Tyrod vibes. Good for a backup, bad spot if he's your starter.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Huntley gives me strong Tyrod vibes. Good for a backup, bad spot if he's your starter.

No conclusions to really draw yet. But he looks capable and maybe could develop into something better. No real way to know for sure yet. He looked better this game than he did against Chicago.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tyler "4 Year Starter at Utah" Huntley should be a success in the NFL if only because its the opportunity Brian Johnson never got

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's hard to really judge how the Titans are doing because the Jags were really, really determined to lose that game.

A win's a win though and I think we get AJ back next week and Henry soonish so at least there's that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

this is easily your worst bit

Is it wrong? It's the exact same thing. People told me for years how Flacco was irreplaceable and it turns out he was maybe the most replaceable guy in football. So I'm a little more confident this time :)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens deserve to be bad forever if they refuse to pay Lamar.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

uh oh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

The Ravens deserve to be bad forever if they refuse to pay Lamar.

I would have agreed with you early this season but now he's got to show me situational awareness, the ability to handle any pass rush, and the ability to hit his open receivers before he deserves a huge deal. I won't mind resigning him but to pay him big money right now is insane.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Is it wrong? It's the exact same thing. People told me for years how Flacco was irreplaceable and it turns out he was maybe the most replaceable guy in football. So I'm a little more confident this time :)

who said Flacco was irreplaceable?

serious question, what exactly do you think happens to the Ravens if they let Lamar walk? they draft another MVP late in the first?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

who said Flacco was irreplaceable?

serious question, what exactly do you think happens to the Ravens if they let Lamar walk? they draft another MVP late in the first?

If you're talking about MVP Lamar Jackson yeah he's tough to replace. Unfortunately last time 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson played was two years ago, when we had two top-tier linemen also.

And everyone said that about Flacco here. It was the same "Well we have to pay him because there's no one else!" The Lamar Jackson we've seen for the last month is easily replaceable by most of the starters in the NFL. He needs to show that he's gotten rid of his yips or whatever before we pay him. I'm fine giving him another year and if he can look better maybe with better injury luck then fine dump all the money on him.

Yes the fact that a dude had an MVP season two years ago and might not get paid sucks and is not fair. But that's how it goes.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Saints won a game, 7-10 season inbound

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

Saints won a game, 7-10 season inbound

8-9 IMO

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
A QB like Lamar only has a realistic shot to carry a team to a super bowl in his first season or two. After that, QBs that don't have a complete passing game are a liability. Lamar is a nice guy, fun to watch, and could turn a ton of lovely teams into winning teams, but the Ravens haven't been the sort of organization to settle for "probably make the playoffs but never make a super bowl" status. That's where they are and always will be with Lamar, unless they manage to get a team so stacked that the QB doesn't matter a la the 2011-2015 Broncos - but Lamar isn't going to take JAG money and make that possible.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So if you don't pay Lamar, what's the plan? Go for Teddy or Tyrod and hope they don't lose enough for the run game and defense to win games for you?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

K8.0 posted:

A QB like Lamar only has a realistic shot to carry a team to a super bowl in his first season or two. After that, QBs that don't have a complete passing game are a liability. Lamar is a nice guy, fun to watch, and could turn a ton of lovely teams into winning teams, but the Ravens haven't been the sort of organization to settle for "probably make the playoffs but never make a super bowl" status. That's where they are and always will be with Lamar, unless they manage to get a team so stacked that the QB doesn't matter a la the 2011-2015 Broncos - but Lamar isn't going to take JAG money and make that possible.

The thing is Lamar was never THIS inaccurate and early in the year he actually was looking pretty good passing. But he's just shown a total inability to handle any sort of pass rush pressure and also extremely poor situational awareness as the season has gone on. His pass accuracy was never this bad. That's why early this season I was saying "extend him NOW!!!"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lose to fins and falcons, beat panthers.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

K8.0 posted:

His completion percentage has been around 65% every year except his first.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

So if you don't pay Lamar, what's the plan? Go for Teddy or Tyrod and hope they don't lose enough for the run game and defense to win games for you?

Don't know. But again, there's people on the Ravens who are paid to figure this sort of poo poo out and I'm just some dude on a message board.

I think we pick up the 5th year option and give him another year to see if he can shake his yips or whatever, and also we MUST fire Roman and see how he does under someone else.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns football: one half of competent football, one half of pants-making GBS threads.

This team will never be a legit contender.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does anyone in the AFC North actually like their team

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

X

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

K8.0 posted:

Wow what a new and original take, thanks caller

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Benne posted:

Lol not a loving chance

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

Bengals fans, but that's an abusive relationship.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Benne posted:

Ravens fans are obligated to hate our quarterback

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ravens fans are obligated to hate our quarterback

Trent Dilfer was unfairly maligned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I gotta admit, it's kind of hitting me hard that I can't call up or text my grandpa about how dogshit the Raiders were against the Chiefs today.