Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I gotta admit, it's kind of hitting me hard that I can't call up or text my grandpa about how dogshit the Raiders were against the Chiefs today.

Life is full of these little triggers and man, I can’t emphasize enough with you… knowing how many random moments you’ll just start to cry randomly thinking about it.

Time makes it easier but not because you forget them or care any less, but because you grasp fully how beautiful it all is. How beautiful still thinking and being sad about your person being gone is… because when we get sad and miss them, we honor the memory. So in a weird way - your sadness is a beautiful thing towards them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gonna Give It 2 Ya

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brady dunking on the Bills like he never left New England, you hate to see it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kawalimus Was Right

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i knew there was a good reason to not watch the nfl today

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles being on a bye loving sucks I want to watch more minshews maniac god damnit. Everyone else is having fun with their exciting young pupstarts. Also I'm at work for the next 12 hours playing madden and being really mad at this poo poo game and also I don't understand how football actually works and I just call cover 2 man every play on defense because zone is confusing.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Carolina is real bad.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Of the non belichick coached qbs , which of the guys drafted last year is looking the best? I can't believe Lawrences stats are this bad but haven't watched him

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nfl week 15 n/v We're all frauds down here

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
I object to the insinuation that the Lions are frauds. They are exactly what they appear to be.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

My thoughts on the chargers Giants game https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1470159460995723268?t=QAGCMfDsndwyjIzFanrAkA&s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mastershakeman posted:

Of the non belichick coached qbs , which of the guys drafted last year is looking the best? I can't believe Lawrences stats are this bad but haven't watched him

Trey Lance because he's played the least.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns face the Raiders next week.

I dunno. I just dunno. The Raiders are gonna want a win, the Browns are the Browns...like...I dunno. Hopefully Garrett and Clowney go apeshit and make Carr shook.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1470175185248534529?t=4-i3zCLSNH6dR_WDMmFhEw&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Browns played the massively injured Ravens had a bye week then played the more massively injured Ravens down their 2 best defenders and starting QB. They barely won. This was supposed to be the Browns year. I don't know how you look at this season and see any future for this era of football in Cleveland.

Dude, it's one thing to say this year, but this era? This "era" had us go to the ayoffs and beat the Steelers. And we still have a winning record! We're a flawed football team, but we're not close to who we were. This is what 'normal' teams do all the time. Have some tight wins and tight losses. We're just not used to it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graphic design is my passion

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Carolina is real bad.

Yep. Another year, another 5 win season.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Overall, a win is a win, especially a division win. Shouldn't have been that close, but we still won. We can't say close loses don't count as moral victories and then also discount literal victories. Either you care more about the play than the result or the result more than the play. Ravens should've lost to the Lions earlier this season, but that win still counts for them. So this one counts for us.

Browns have Raiders, Packers, Steelers, and Bengals left. All winnable, some more than others. All they need is 2 wins to have consecutive winning seasons for the first time in forever, and likely 3 wins gets them to the playoffs.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Life is full of these little triggers and man, I can’t emphasize enough with you… knowing how many random moments you’ll just start to cry randomly thinking about it.

Time makes it easier but not because you forget them or care any less, but because you grasp fully how beautiful it all is. How beautiful still thinking and being sad about your person being gone is… because when we get sad and miss them, we honor the memory. So in a weird way - your sadness is a beautiful thing towards them

I try to keep the fact that he and my grandma lived a full life with some seriously weird and interesting moments in my mind. I think this is really lovely and I'll also try and keep this mind. It's just a whole lot, especially with how grandpa died, in a very short time for people who were more like my parents than my actual parents.

Grandma would be thrilled that the Seahawks did well today at least. She was always big on Tyler Lockett at least.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1470168122170613761?t=0EDmSq1hGU3elSt-B35drg&s=19

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

FOOL'S GOULD gently caress YEAH GO BENGALS

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Woozie66 posted:

Dude, it's one thing to say this year, but this era? This "era" had us go to the ayoffs and beat the Steelers. And we still have a winning record! We're a flawed football team, but we're not close to who we were. This is what 'normal' teams do all the time. Have some tight wins and tight losses. We're just not used to it.

I don't think Mayfield is the answer and that changes everything. Two of your five best players are running backs. They won't hold up long enough for another answer at QB to take hold. The coaching staff hasn't impressed in their decision making all year and that was supposed to be a strong point for this team. Myles Garrett probably has 3-5 more years at the top of his game. I don't see how it reasonably comes together in the next 3 years for the Browns to legitimately compete for a championship in that time frame.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was the drat ol stinkles!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Didn't count.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Relegate the AFC North.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Edit: wrong thread

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Refs bad what are you gonna do

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It sucks rear end that Tom Brady is going to win the Super Bowl again in a month.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Probably Magic posted:

It sucks rear end that Tom Brady is going to win the Super Bowl again in a month.

He won't get so lucky this time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Bills might never beat Brady ever again.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

This is wrong, the super bowl is in february, which is in two months. Which Tom Brady will assuredly win by beating the patriots.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol tampa barely scraped that one together but a W is a W

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kidcoelacanth posted:

lol tampa barely scraped that one together but a W is a W

It was both a meltdown but they still won so who’s to say if they aren’t the best team in the league?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Brady bucs are so weird. They often seem like total frauds but then they manage to pull it together.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

Brady bucs are so weird. They often seem like total frauds but then they manage to pull it together.

I honestly cannot tell whether they're closer to the Cards and Packers or the Cowboys and Rams at this point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

This was the Brady Pats for 20 years as well, it was great.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well that was a hilarious way to learn Perriman was on the Bucs :laffo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

its almost like they have extra help coming from somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alaois posted:

its almost like they have extra help coming from somewhere

God?