Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1470139359097765889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Brady doing the Brady thing has moved from being annoying to funny to me at this point but I would like to point out to the script writers that a new arc for the league wouldn't be the worst idea. I appreciate that they experimented with the Chiefs but they got cold feet and went back to their old reliable tropes.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Brady doing the Brady thing has moved from being annoying to funny to me at this point but I would like to point out to the script writers that a new arc for the league wouldn't be the worst idea. I appreciate that they experimented with the Chiefs but they got cold feet and went back to their old reliable tropes.

time for the Brady-less Patriots to become the NFL's new heroes.

what a twist!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Don't know. But again, there's people on the Ravens who are paid to figure this sort of poo poo out and I'm just some dude on a message board.

if you're gonna cop to this poo poo then why even give your opinion? to piss people off or what?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was both a meltdown but they still won so who’s to say if they aren’t the best team in the league?

They aren't.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

really queer Christmas posted:

This is wrong, the super bowl is in february, which is in two months. Which Tom Brady will assuredly win by beating the patriots.

My bad, I stand corrected. This is going to happen, though, I take no pleasure in reporting this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

if you're gonna cop to this poo poo then why even give your opinion? to piss people off or what?

My point is there's only so far I'm going to go in that sort of thing I'm not going to do hours and hours of research looking up every possible replacement just to say that to what end? So I'm more just focusing on what I see during the games and not worrying about figuring out the offseason moves to a great extent. I'm not saying "well it's all just pointless". Just that I think watching the games and commenting on those is actually fun and doing hours of research on QBs and contracts sucks. So I can't and shouldn't be bothered.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Figured Bill Burr would be a Pats guy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

cursed images

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

My point is there's only so far I'm going to go in that sort of thing I'm not going to do hours and hours of research looking up every possible replacement just to say that to what end? So I'm more just focusing on what I see during the games and not worrying about figuring out the offseason moves to a great extent. I'm not saying "well it's all just pointless". Just that I think watching the games and commenting on those is actually fun and doing hours of research on QBs and contracts sucks. So I can't and shouldn't be bothered.

no one's asking you to spend hours of research. its just pointless to sort of come in and throw out a bunch of nonsensical poo poo, and then resorting to 'well im not paid to know about this sort of thing' when you get challenged on it. you aren't even having a conversation or a debate at that point. you're just being an rear end in a top hat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Borsche69 posted:

no one's asking you to spend hours of research. its just pointless to sort of come in and throw out a bunch of nonsensical poo poo, and then resorting to 'well im not paid to know about this sort of thing' when you get challenged on it. you aren't even having a conversation or a debate at that point. you're just being an rear end in a top hat

turn on your monitor

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

like, i've seen you use that argument before 'i'm not paid to know about this. i'm just a guy on a message board.' the implication being that you don't have to defend any of your weird rear end opinions. its lame. you don't need to do hours of research into college qbs or FAs or contracts or whatever to know that just finding another quarterback isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, and suggesting you just 'go get another one' is stupid

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

This is more embarrassing for the Bills than the MNF game

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Borsche69 posted:

like, i've seen you use that argument before 'i'm not paid to know about this. i'm just a guy on a message board.' the implication being that you don't have to defend any of your weird rear end opinions. its lame. you don't need to do hours of research into college qbs or FAs or contracts or whatever to know that just finding another quarterback isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, and suggesting you just 'go get another one' is stupid

tom brady was a 6th rd pick just get one of him

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

I specifically use that response when I'm asked who a coach or player is going to be replaced with. Because it's a question I can't possibly know. Like when we let Dilfer walk after 2000 nobody would have thought the Ravens would end up with Elvis Grbac everyone said it would be Brad Johnson. And then Grbac was gone the next year so we promoted Redman and then his back started falling apart so we promoted Jeff Blake. Then the next year it was Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright. And so on. So we kept getting rid of guys and doing ok. It's not ideal but it can be done. A lot of these teams who can never replace their QB are teams that are just finishing last every year and tanking or whatever thinking that some #1 QB is just going to save them when that sort of guy really only comes around once every 10 years or so. So they go through QBs and they're all trash. But thankfully the Ravens aren't like that and know how to build a team and keep a team strong. Even if the QBs they were getting weren't great in the end.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I specifically use that response when I'm asked who a coach or player is going to be replaced with. Because it's a question I can't possibly know.

yes yes, you are literally mark maden, we know https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTOcBiKE12w

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

yes yes, you are literally mark maden, we know https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTOcBiKE12w

He's a paid commentator though he should know more. And it would be silly for the Penguins to trade those players because they are actual top players and won Stanley Cups even if they don't do it every year. Lamar Jackson isn't any of those guys he's had one MVP season and then done worse each season following that and has shown decline in a lot of areas like situational awareness where experience should be improving that. So saying the Penguins should trade Malkin or Crosby who had proven themselves consistent top players to a guy who had one MVP season and has declined since is a lot different in my mind.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They were who we thought they are.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus you need to stop living rent free in peoples heads

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They're mad because he's actually always right.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't think Mayfield is the answer and that changes everything. Two of your five best players are running backs. They won't hold up long enough for another answer at QB to take hold. The coaching staff hasn't impressed in their decision making all year and that was supposed to be a strong point for this team. Myles Garrett probably has 3-5 more years at the top of his game. I don't see how it reasonably comes together in the next 3 years for the Browns to legitimately compete for a championship in that time frame.

What does legitimately compete mean to you? And I mean that as a legit question. To me, they already legit competed last year. And there's a decent shot they do so again this year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

There was a cartoon like this on Cartoon Network. A little duck lived inside an alligator's head. And the duck wanted to have a bathroom in there but the alligator said no. So maybe that was based on me :D

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

thankfully the Ravens aren't like that and know how to build a team and keep a team strong.

this is rich considering you routinely call for players' heads after a single bad game and have long advocated for firing Harbaugh and every every coordinator they've ever had

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus may have...some point, although it's a pretty bad one, about Lamar Jackson.

I cannot see the logic in wanting to get rid of John Harbaugh. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well, SNF went about as we all expected

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Well, SNF went about as we all expected

Eh the first half was pretty entertaining which was more than I expected. The result is about the same, just with a different number of total points.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

He's a paid commentator though he should know more. And it would be silly for the Penguins to trade those players because they are actual top players and won Stanley Cups even if they don't do it every year. Lamar Jackson isn't any of those guys he's had one MVP season and then done worse each season following that and has shown decline in a lot of areas like situational awareness where experience should be improving that. So saying the Penguins should trade Malkin or Crosby who had proven themselves consistent top players to a guy who had one MVP season and has declined since is a lot different in my mind.

i don't know why you think the difference here is that one guy is paid and another isn't. you aren't absolved of having to defend your point just because you aren't paid. that's insane.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

you been drinking? i'm praying for you dude. please don't piss your pants again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

you been drinking? i'm praying for you dude. please don't piss your pants again.

ok guy who gets mad at people posting

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a neat cape posted:

you're not wrong but you really aren't the guy who should call people out on this

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

sorry im living in your head or whatever. here's the negative attention you wanted.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

lol what the gently caress dude you're making his point for him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao watch the end of this clip, that Bucs ball boy was in a dead sprint to grab Brady's #700 TD ball.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1470195662889304064?t=OeYHkPLSANhN1-JrU6mqhQ&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I always said it was gonna be Brashad Perriman on the receiving end of #700

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Only game I've ever seen where a team successfully advanced a fumbled punt return and a fumbled kick return for tds, neither of which counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kirios posted:

lol what the gently caress dude you're making his point for him

to be fair he was straight up asking for negative attention. he was upset that i was talking to kawa and not him