Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Look Borsche I like you and all - think you're a good poster, but this ain't a battle worth fighting. Just let a neat cape be a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This is a lot of melting down about the Ravens.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Kirios posted:

Kawalimus may have...some point, although it's a pretty bad one, about Lamar Jackson.

I cannot see the logic in wanting to get rid of John Harbaugh. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I feel a little differently about Harbaugh right now and that's due to my recent realization there's only about four head coaches in the league who really make their teams better and the rest are interchangeable lunkheads. Harbaugh isn't one of those good coaches but he's probably not one of the worst either. So he can stay for now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

you're not wrong but you really aren't the guy who should call people out on this

The irony was palpable lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kirios posted:

Look Borsche I like you and all - think you're a good poster, but this ain't a battle worth fighting. Just let a neat cape be a troll.

i do appreciate that a lot, and you are right. no need to let some guy that writes kimpossible fanfiction get under my skin

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Probably Magic posted:

It's the aftermath thread, they're always this.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I feel a little differently about Harbaugh right now and that's due to my recent realization there's only about four head coaches in the league who really make their teams better and the rest are interchangeable lunkheads. Harbaugh isn't one of those good coaches but he's probably not one of the worst either. So he can stay for now.

he's a really good manager, and i don't think you give him enough credit for his football acumen. yeah he ain't calling the plays, and yeah he's definitely loyal to a fault, but (and this is based of vague eye test bullshit) he almost always has his players ready to play and they almost always keep games close. i would definitely say he makes the team better

there's poo poo you can point to that he fucks up and i'll definitely agree there, but that stuff is human. which is probably the fundamental basis for the disagreement that we have. i do not expect perfection from my players or coaches; that is an insane ask. there are going to be positive and negative plays. for harbaugh, i think the ratio that he gives us there far outweighs any detriments he brings

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Don't mock the belt dummies

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

wandler20 posted:

It's the aftermath thread, they're always this.

Every time. People disagree with kawalimus but instead of just disagreeing they go insane. It's the same people too. Like just ignore him or something.

And I'll take the Kimpossible fanfic guy over this type of poo poo 100 times out of 100

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Probably Magic posted:

no, no, this is the normal amount

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also usual no winners, only losers, in the aftermath thread debate

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

There’s on a couple of guys that are inarguably better than Harbaugh and there are so, so many that are worse.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BrownThunder posted:

Every time. People disagree with kawalimus but instead of just disagreeing they go insane. It's the same people too. Like just ignore him or something.

And I'll take the Kimpossible fanfic guy over this type of poo poo 100 times out of 100

Oh

Oh my

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The ravens got kicked out of the AFCN today. I don’t know why anybody is talking about them frankly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The ravens got kicked out of the AFCN today. I don’t know why anybody is talking about them frankly.

They finally listened to us and put the Titans in the AFCN like we've all been clamoring for!

Which team did they replace though?? The Ravens!

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Only game I've ever seen where a team successfully advanced a fumbled punt return and a fumbled kick return for tds, neither of which counted

Both of those should have counted, based solely on the Rule of Cool.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Only game I've ever seen where a team successfully advanced a fumbled punt return and a fumbled kick return for tds, neither of which counted

Yup. That was weird.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

But thankfully the Ravens aren't like that and know how to build a team and keep a team strong.

Kawalimus posted:

I feel a little differently about Harbaugh right now and that's due to my recent realization there's only about four head coaches in the league who really make their teams better and the rest are interchangeable lunkheads. Harbaugh isn't one of those good coaches but he's probably not one of the worst either.

Kawalimus is turning me into the joker

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

There was a cartoon like this on Cartoon Network. A little duck lived inside an alligator's head. And the duck wanted to have a bathroom in there but the alligator said no. So maybe that was based on me :D

People forget the secret ingredient in the Kawalimus brew is the dash of extremely wholesome off-topic posting (which, as demonstrated here, is not exclusively about birding).

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
In this thread we explore the exact contours of the Ravens fans' diseased mind and ignore Tom Brady's game winning OT TD, 700th of his career. This is the only place on the internet that focuses on the important football stuff. I'll post here till I die.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

AFCN is a brain disease :black101:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Why isnt he looking for the most expensive gas in D.C.?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Kawalimus is turning me into the joker

there two types of coaches and our coach is neither. Whats hard to get about that?

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

sweet thursday posted:

AFCN is a brain disease :black101:

As is CTE. Coincidence?

:hmmno:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crescent Wrench posted:

People forget the secret ingredient in the Kawalimus brew is the dash of extremely wholesome off-topic posting (which, as demonstrated here, is not exclusively about birding).

It's too bad because normally I'd just hate the ravens but now I have to hate a bunch of random other things

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I would quite happily take Harbaugh as my team's head coach and I'd happily have Lamar or Baker as my teams QB.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

Was a rough loss

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I would quite happily take Harbaugh as my team's head coach and I'd happily have Lamar or Baker as my teams QB.

:hmmyes:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
the gimmick wouldnt work if his team was bad

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

They finally listened to us and put the Titans in the AFCN like we've all been clamoring for!

Which team did they replace though?? The Ravens!

My condolences over the Ravens becoming an AFC South team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

BrownThunder posted:

I agree with this post

e: BrownThunder's post. I do not agree with the screencapped post. To be clear

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
like i always say everyone who hates the pats is racist

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Cris collinsworth is absolutely the worst football commentator on tv, every analysis and greater point he made about either team or the sport of football last night was verifiable wrong. It was grating.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DariusLikewise posted:

It was grating.

He is so hard to listen to. I'm not even talking about his analysis. Just his whole twang and delivery that he's come up with is unbearable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

DariusLikewise posted:

Cris collinsworth is absolutely the worst football commentator on tv, every analysis and greater point he made about either team or the sport of football last night was verifiable wrong. It was grating.

Everyone and everything is the greatest that ever is and was.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/status/1470129199663001600?t=rv24OuZ4e-2TReWEKtj4oA&s=19

Poor Trevor

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

the ball coming in at the end makes that a classic

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol
https://twitter.com/doug_clawson/status/1470393073934946304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006