Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I got the PC version, not-steam and still no codes, so I think just everything is fubar right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Just got the key

complaining works!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Ok there's my PC Download Windows code email, huzzah!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Came to the thread to see if anyone else was waiting on PC keys from SE and I'm very glad to see it's not just me.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I don't suppose the earrings work for DoH jobs, do they? I've got the long, slow grind of ShB/EW without role quests ahead of me for my last four crafters and I'd sure like to speed it up.

VVV Laaaaaaaame

1stGear fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 26, 2024

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

1stGear posted:

I don't suppose the earrings work for DoH jobs, do they? I've got the long, slow grind of ShB/EW without role quests ahead of me for my last four crafters and I'd sure like to speed it up.
Earrings haven't worked for DoH/L since Stormblood's Ala Mhigan Earrings, because all the newer ones are Disciples of War or Magic only.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rantmo posted:

Came to the thread to see if anyone else was waiting on PC keys from SE and I'm very glad to see it's not just me.

Nope, I'm in line behind you waiting for mine.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

the_steve posted:

Nope, I'm in line behind you waiting for mine.

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one. Hope I didn't gently caress it up by also putting some other things in the order.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1772681325067022400

(Americas) While investigations continue, we have confirmed that users are successfully checking out using the "checkout as a Guest" option at Checkout. For now, we recommend using that for those wishing to purchase the physical Collector's Edition/Collector's Box.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1772690702142423409

(SE Members Points) Users who have an existing Square Enix Members account but did a guest checkout of Dawntrail using the same email account will still receive their reward points once the products ship/digital codes are delivered.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Onean posted:

I don't remember if the cutoff is the start of early access or the full release, but yeah, pre-order is available up to one of those.

That said, the mount (and Garnet minion and Chocobo Picto weapon) will be available even after release, or even by buying the CE upgrade if you buy the Standard Edition. The pre-order is specifically for the Zidane minion, the Azeyma EXP earrings and 3 days early access.

Edit: Also, it being called a "recolor" of the Cruise Chaser Mount isn't quite right. They're kinda similar and use some of the same base animations (which makes sense since they share the same inspiration), but the models are fairly distinct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xIKrcBzKFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BC8s5jBNPM

Edit 2: Hell, they even share fewer animations than I expected, it's really just the ground idle and movement. The transforming animation is much simpler for Ark for example, though I haven't looked at the FFIX summon to see if they're basing it off that or it may just be unfinished, as unlikely as that may be.

both cruise chaser and ark are based on cruise chaster blassty, this version of ark has a paint job closer to blassty's original color scheme though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7fOQCSPePE

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

1stGear posted:

VVV Laaaaaaaame

I followed a guide for my maxed WVR job to custom deliveries but I gave up on the others via GC turn-ins and they are around Lvl 80+. I feel like there's no real rush to max a crafter unless it's to prepare for grinding gil before DT and even then you can use leves.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

...I dont suppose the Azeyma earrings will work in Eureka or Bozja, yeah?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Managed to sneak in an order earlier for the digital collector's edition and the collector's edition box. I was hesitant because I still feel burned after the Heavensward CE and the awful statue that came with, but I couldn't say no to adding a Viper of Light to the background of my office.

Still no confirmation email and it's been over 6 hours. So here's hoping that eventually comes through so I can get what will inevitably be a derpy little statue.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

quiggy posted:

...I dont suppose the Azeyma earrings will work in Eureka or Bozja, yeah?
The experience boost earrings work (for DoW/M) by increasing mob experience payouts (this includes dungeon bosses - important because they moved all the dungeon mob exp to the bosses). You don't get experience for mob kills in Bozja, you get it for clearing skirmishes and critical engagements, which the earrings do not boost.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alder posted:

I followed a guide for my maxed WVR job to custom deliveries but I gave up on the others via GC turn-ins and they are around Lvl 80+. I feel like there's no real rush to max a crafter unless it's to prepare for grinding gil before DT and even then you can use leves.

Yeah, I'm not in a particular rush. Just wanting to get it done before DT and looking for any way to speed up the grind.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If you're Resistance Rank 25 and still getting nearly wiped out by Pyretic in Castrum, I hope you brought potions because it's not my responsibility to heal yo rear end. I'm saving that for the newbies.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Dawntrail preorder is 15% off on Green man gaming, standard and digital collector non-steam version. I used the gold tier monthly discount code to reduce it to 18% off.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Hogama posted:

The experience boost earrings work (for DoW/M) by increasing mob experience payouts (this includes dungeon bosses - important because they moved all the dungeon mob exp to the bosses). You don't get experience for mob kills in Bozja, you get it for clearing skirmishes and critical engagements, which the earrings do not boost.

Hmm, is this actually true? They don't have that caveat in the way that, say, the Squadron Battle Scrolls do.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its true. the exp earrings do nothing in bozja (which is the fastest way to level once its available).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

lines posted:

Hmm, is this actually true? They don't have that caveat in the way that, say, the Squadron Battle Scrolls do.

Did a quick few skirmishes. Behemoth Earring doesn't do anything, Menphina's is 30% for level 80 and under (and you're synced to 80 in Zadnor, so it would normally kick in). Same experience payout.
The Bozjan Earring is 10% experience bonus which also doesn't work in Bozja, but it also has a Save the Queen Area Haste +3 bonus so it's actually worth using in Bozja.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CJ posted:

Dawntrail preorder is 15% off on Green man gaming, standard and digital collector non-steam version. I used the gold tier monthly discount code to reduce it to 18% off.
I'm not seeing a 15% off, and I'm logged in on a gold xp account.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Hogama posted:

Did a quick few skirmishes. Behemoth Earring doesn't do anything, Menphina's is 30% for level 80 and under (and you're synced to 80 in Zadnor, so it would normally kick in). Same experience payout.
The Bozjan Earring is 10% experience bonus which also doesn't work in Bozja, but it also has a Save the Queen Area Haste +3 bonus so it's actually worth using in Bozja.

Huh. I assume that's also true of roulette XP.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
various xp modifiers only work on combat kill xp. so at this point, boss kills only? dungeon trash no longer gives any and overworld mob xp has always been a joke anyway

the only exceptions to this are armoury bonus, which also affects fate/duty exp, and preferred server new player xp doubling, which actually does seem to work on every source of xp

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I think rested bonus too? Not sure though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
rested bonus is kill xp only too, it's why it lasts you 5+ levels when running roulettes even when not going into rest zones, but only ~2 if you chain run a dungeon

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hogama posted:

I'm not seeing a 15% off, and I'm logged in on a gold xp account.

They changed it. You have to put SPRING15 in the checkout now and the gold 3% doesn't stack with it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GROWING LIGHT: FINAL FANTASY XIV Original Soundtrack Out Now!

93 songs, plus 2 bonus movies: Scream - FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas & London, and Flow - FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas & London

Finally, it comes with a code for a Hydaelyn Idol Minion:

It's :50bux: on the Squeenix Store.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Hey so a buddy asked, and I didn't know the answer:

Do you have to own the previous expansions to play Dawntrail? or is it just like "quests start at 90, so if you can get there without MSQ, then fine"?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Buying Dawntrail gets you the expansions that came before.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

HaB posted:

Do you have to own the previous expansions to play Dawntrail? or is it just like "quests start at 90, so if you can get there without MSQ, then fine"?

As stated above, buying Dawntrail will give access to all of the previous expansions when it launches.

But to answer your other question, no. You can be level 90 and still not have access to Dawntrail if the MSQ is not complete.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Unlike WoW, you don't get a free boost to current content. Regardless of purchase or free trial, you're still expected to go through the entire MSQ, so the current expansion stuff would take a while to get to. You can buy a story skip, but since this is a heavily story-focused game, that's not generally recommended. A level skip is a separate purchase as well.

The good news is that the free trial will take you all the way to level 70 and the end of Stormblood, and I promise, you'll know if you like the game enough to purchase it by that point.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Like everything else in the game, access to expansions is heavily MSQ-gated - you won't even be able to use map transitions if your MSQ progress didn't unlock them, even if you can get to them somehow. Obviously ferries and other NPCs who will move you to new expansion zones just won't work, but even if you reach a transition you're not supposed to use yet (like the bridge to Radz-at-Han before you get officially invited in the 85 MSQ or thereabouts, or even the various islands with access to Ishgard/Foundation in the Sea of Clouds before you return and get to unlock flying) the game will just kick you back out to where you came from.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

fwiw you can still access jobs tied to expansions as long as you reach their unlock level (80 for viper and the painting one)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You must either play through (or spend more money to skip) all of the MSQ that comes before.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

HaB posted:

If you buy Dawntrail you'll get the previous expansions (when it comes out, pre-ordering now gives you nothing until the official release).
But you still need to play through all the previous expansions, unless you buy a story-skip.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

frodo_its_done.gif

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

fwiw you can still access jobs tied to expansions as long as you reach their unlock level (80 for viper and the painting one)
Yeah that's a good change to the MSQ-based unlock they tried in HW :laffo:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Thanks to side content and roulettes, it's very easy to unlock SAM/RDM long before you get to Ishgard jobs.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You don't even need bonus XP, you just hit 50 for the very first time and unlock them while the HW jobs require getting to 50 as well, but also reaching HW by finishing ARR and all the post-release patches :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I was gonna say the 2.x quests give garbage xp, but I guess there's a lot of dungeons/trials, and the first timer bonus adds up pretty quickly.

e: 8 trials, 1 dungeon, and 3 alliance raids, and that's just the MSQ mandatory stuff. Add a dozen or so dungeons if you do a few blue sidequests.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 27, 2024