Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

did they update ffxivlauncher? I remember people were having trouble getting it installed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I can't think of any complaints with EW blm. Just by virtue of making Enochian a trait allows just a little bit more concentration elsewhere, and two triple flaires makes mobility so much better too!

my only complaint is that High Fire II did not replace Fire IV, because it looks much cooler

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So I'm not going crazy. I thought some spells got new effects.

Verflare, Verholy, and Scorch all got turned into AoEs and got new effects to go with it

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Someone earlier asked about good AF sets this expansion and I will just once again say that the DNC gear for males is extremely fantastic.

they don't have the hotpants though it loving sucks!!!!

the (formerly) female thavnairian hotpants are a pretty good substitute though

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The blm 90 AF has really grown on me. I do miss the casting sets like yafaemi or the WoD set. 70 AF was also really cool. Guess I like big witchy hats

it makes me sad you can only dye the cuffs and not the nails

also I have been maining BLM since I started, since HW when they got Fire 4 I feel like BLM is just really fun to play. all the hits are so huge and hearing a Flare go off is the best. my only complaint, which I have had since the very first time I saw it, is that the visual and sound effects for Despair suck and they need to make it more explodey

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

all mogstation emotes and outfits should be account-wide, what is squenix doing

Sending a subtle message to the people who have alts asking them “why tf do you have alts in this game”

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Can confirm that thordan ex is easily soloable by PLD now. One attack after the knights phase took me to half health so not sure if a DPS could do it

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

random question but can someone remind me, was O4S the first boss that had a special Savage phase transition?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Fiye posted:

89 Dungeon spoilers
Fandaniel didn't kill himself when he went out with Zodiark. He shows back up in the 89 dungeon as Amon (He states "Even after all these years this has always been my favorite form" when you pull him) and at the end Asahi shows up and decides to drag him down specifically because despite wanting to bring the end times he was too much of a coward to take himself out. Also the whole bringing about the fall of the empire which Asahi really, really, really liked.

what? the whole reason he's in the 89 dungeon is because he's dead, the aetherial sea is where dead people go. that's why moenbryda and haurchefant and papalymo are down there too

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the nier raids were boring and yoko taro is a hack

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

cythereal I remain baffled as to why you keep playing this game considering that you don't seem to like any of the gameplay or most of the story

Eimi posted:

Also true. If getting Orbonne was like getting Praetorium, I'd be fine doing Orbonne. I mean not on black mage as I loathe over 50 black mage, but on other classes.

??????????

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I think I've posted this before but BLM is really easy if you can count to three

90 BLM is also very fun and cool and if it went back to being proc mage I would drop it in an instant, it was so loving boring

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's this. Cythereal, Truth Quark, you're both pieces of poo poo.

Like I've never interacted with either of you as far I know, but I'm confident based on your willingness to poo poo up things for other people for such small gain that you loving suck. You both some "piss all over a public toilet seat and not clean it up, dump your cart in the parking bay" motherfuckers.

they are wrong but uh

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

BLM is extremely easy to me (as a person who plays the main quest as one) because I hit a button and then I have a leisurely wait until I have to hit another button. Mechanist by comparison is called a very easy class because it doesn't have many buttons but I find it uses much more of my attention because you hit those buttons many more times, much faster.

someone did an FFLogs review once and I think BLM was the job with the lowest APM

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

What keys do you use for movement?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Eorzean Phrenologist has logged on.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Tell us more about how culture is biologically determined

oh come on yall

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

all this BRD talk is fine but let's talk about the real issues, which is that reaper's enshroud attack animations last slightly longer than 1 GCD and it drives me nuts

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

pulling it back to Bard talk immediately I noticed while loving around in gpose that Sidewinder actually has the sickest animation where you loose the arrow and then hold your hand up and snap your fingers as soon as the damage registers

yes sidewinder also has the tornado kick/elixir field problem, which were the first abilities where I noticed that they actually look really cool but you never get to see them because they're oGCDs

e: or at least they used to be

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

it was super weird to me they never added a Bane skill for bard, especially after they added Shadowbite, an AoE attack that did more damage to targets with dots

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

my favorite wow class is lock so i do hope they eventually make a dedicated dot class. green mage or necromancer or something.

this reminded me of the sexy necromancer in heroes gauntlet. how strange. was that a reference to something

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

they could just do like ffxi and invent things that aren't levels but that still make your character stronger, and require you to earn points but do NOT call them experience points

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

they're definitely going to patch it (how? idk) because in general they designed a specific way to play each job, and for BLM that is not it

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

HackensackBackpack posted:

I believe Endwalker has the record for Most Fist Clenching in Cutscenes out of every expansion so far. A lot of people are clenching their fists in this one.

they also all sound like they are wearing leather gloves when they do it, even if they are not

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Stalins Moustache posted:

Also slow walk. God, they really need to have new slow walk animations.

so much so that I thought it was a new animation for EW but then I saw it in the ARR BTN quests

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The good news is, you only need to do it once now as you can just copy/paste the bars over.

wait how

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

someone asked in here earlier I think as a joke but XIVLauncher DOES have a plugin that will allow you to replace the christian rock in the last EW zone with either previous version of the song. you can point it at only that song so the music in the game will otherwise be normal.

it works on every other song (replace any song with any song) but that's the only one I have it pointed at right now.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

top tier: roe female, highlander female, aura female
high tier: miqote female, dunesfolk lalafell, elezen female, hopefully hrothgal
mid tier: hrothguy, viera female, miqote male, midlander female, roe male, plainsfolk lalafell
low tier: highlander male, elezen male, midlander male, viera male
embarrassing garbage tier: aura male

This is just misandry

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the biggest problem with eureka is not just that the grind sucks but ALSO that you do this terrible grind for relics that look like poo poo

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Honestly as a BLM main I like several of the WHM weapons more than the BLM one from the same source

Also surprised they haven’t just started doing variant models for BLM/WHM staffs like they do for SMN/SCH book or caster/healer gear. Not that I’m complaining, that poo poo sucks

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Same but it's just too cool not to do it. Switching jobs feels a lot more impactful when you're snapping to do it.

If you do it while moving does your upper body freeze and snap while your legs keep moving, or do you just not do the emote stuff all?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

You'd either need fractional /wait (probably not happening) or for gearset change to not interrupt animations (probably not happening). That said, I don't know the XIV codebase thank gently caress, so :shrug:

I saw a YouTube video about this and they put a wait 1 between the snap and the job change

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Eight-Six posted:

If there was some roulette that kept me at max level for abilities and then randomly threw me into any level dungeon that'd be cool.

It'd be a nightmare to balance gameplay to be anything but "hold W and mash all your abilities" so I won't ever expect it and it's probably not a great idea anyhow?

I just want to see more of the stormblood dungeons, those are fun and flavorful

this is what I want

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

theironjef posted:

Really looking forward to getting to 70 Armorer just because I assume Blanstyr won't be waiting for me in the Crystarium with more stupid contests.

Blanstyr isn't there but they do have Stanblyr

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

speaking as someone who doesn't care whether the class is complicated or w/e and someone who has played DRK since HW, I will say I also think it sucks right now for the reason someone else mentioned earlier - it's really boring and it doesn't have enough cool looking abilities. like for PLD you might say the visual "peak" of the rotation (the thing that looks the coolest to do) is the Confiteor combo. For GNB it's Gnashing Fang/Double Down. For WAR it's Primal Rend (I think - I haven't levelled my WAR above 80 yet). DRK I feel like doesn't have anything that good. Shadowbringer is okay, and Bloodspiller is fine, but the most exciting thing you can do is hit Delirium and then you get to...press Bloodspiller five times in a row. It's boring

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

isk posted:

While we're at it, bring back the Power Slash animation

many people are saying

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

made myself a mod to replace Souleater with Power Slash, now trying to think of what other things I should replace

maybe Fire 4 with High Fire 2?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've found a mechanic that somehow I keep getting worse at it every time I do it.

Level 90 dungeon spoiler

'Prance' ability of the final boss of the Dead Ends dungeon. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems like each time I get that instance in exdr I do worse at it.

for me this is (87 spoiler) when Hermes does his quadruple winds

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Physical edition of the EW soundtrack is available for preorder (possible spoilers in the track names): https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/718809/endwalker-final-fantasy-xiv-original-soundtrack-with-preorder-bonus-blu-ray

anyone know if there's a digital edition available on the store somewhere I'm not seeing? I don't think I have anything capable of playing a blu ray besides my PS4 and that's not my preferred method of listening to music

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Ziddar posted:

The lack of materia slots does hold them back from being as good as melded crafted gear, but they can be a good starting point if you don't want to spend the gil/broken materia out the gate. Also, every DoL/H class has unique gear, so if you like a look you might as well go for it.

I like how CRP looks, so wear it I will.

it's insanely hosed up that all of these are locked to DOH and so are unglammable. the GSM one is a pirate outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what I wanna know is who is buying all the drat materia there can't be that many pentameld crafters