Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Terper posted:

Roses are red, I'm not okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i posted a couple of these before but i just can't get over how much i love my WoL

EW ending

god i love that smirk

wan paaaanch

not really the greatest angle but whateva

also got this today

help

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

at last. tis done

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousMildDeerBCWarrior-P98OvMkXsX5Rsk2Q

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i legitimately cannot believe that i forgot Godbert Manderville is fuckin' santa claus

the funniest part about this is he's wearing one

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i thought white mage was the water mage

divine benison, asylum, and the new plant thing all have very watery effects on them. aquaveil is a thing, fluid aura used to be a thing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

theironjef posted:

Oh yeah! For some reason I had it in my head those were water shurikens. Ninja just does everything but air, I guess.

huton, huraijin and phantom kamaitachi would like to have a word with you

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

theironjef posted:

Fair, I'm still leveling through the 70s with mine. But come on, Huton and Huraijin are unaspected, they just look windy.

i mean even before endwalker they still had a ninjutsu for every element. huton counts even if it doesn't deal damage

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

in other news, SCRAW

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I've been watching my wife go through the story and it's been interesting seeing some of the stuff in the 80-83 content a second time. (General Endwalker spoilers) After the 83 trial, when Zodiark/Amon-Fandaniel die, Amon says something along the lines of "The me I was would hate the me I became" or something like that. Which has a different vibe after playing through the later zones. There are quite a few moments like that.

I've had some thoughts on some of this stuff and I realized a solution to some of the issues people have with EW (more general spoilers) Many have said that Dynamis should have been seeded earlier. And I agree I wish it was. I don't necessarily even think you have to do it as far back as even the Shadowbringers 5.0 MSQ. Some people say that Endwalker feels like "two expansions in one" aka the Stormblood problem. I think one thing that could have alleviated that more would be to seed more of that in patch 5.4/5.5. People were already complaining that 5.4/5.5 were a bit lean on the story and expansion ramp-up. One hook they could have done would be to have the lady scientist elephant come over to Eorzea when she hears about our tempering cure, she drops some general Thavnair lore, talks about the Akasa, then fucks off and basically says "If you're ever in Thavnair, come check on how my research is going." I think this would do a lot of work to smooth out that lore ramp. If anything, Endwalker is made weaker due to 5.4/5.5 not doing enough. Just some random stoned thoughts.

Akasa/dynamis made perfect sense to me as soon as it was brought up. you know why? because think of the 2 things you need to summon a primal: 1) a bucket of aether crystals and 2) raw emotion. emotion and prayer have always had an inexplicable power in FFXIV and now there's something to finally explain it a bit. i think it works really well.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i refuse to shrink those cheeks

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

rest in peace, kings

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

well there is one undeniable truth we now know thanks to these new adventures

Lahahrea fucks.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so! finally got AST to 90 today and have finished all of the role quests. time to rank them!! wow!!! spoilers!!!!!!

5. Caster - I had high hopes for the Ishgard quests so I did this one first alongside Tank. However this one was just... weird. The person who first turned was.... a clone? Partially summoned out of the blade of Ascalon? This poo poo barely made any sense. I'm glad the church is getting some work done finally on updating their doctrine and maybe actually doing some good, but this one just game off as generally "meh".

4. Tank - Gridania I expected to be the most boring, and it almost was! I was pleasantly surprised to get a little bit of Kan-E-Senna background, which was nice, and the overall feeling of dread caused by this horrible death disease was pretty impactful. Nothing to really write home about otherwise.

3. Melee - Limsa is my favorite city and my home city and I love Merlwyb. And I was happy to see the Company of Heroes again! Brayflox is there! Those guys are great. Props for getting another beast tribe on our side, Merlwyb. You're doing great.

2. Healer - This one was surprisingly good, featuring plenty of Arenvald and Fordola (and not a hint of Lyse!) and helping Ala Mhigo come to terms with its history. Some really good stuff. I think this one had the most fun solo duty at the end, too. Raubahn had his own custom graphic for whatever the paladin wings spell is called! Totally sick.

1. Ranged - God drat. This one was amazing. Not only do you get Yugiri getting to see her parents again, Hien coming to terms with his mistake of showing Yotsuyu mercy, and dealing with all of the awful consequences of that, but MOTHER. loving. GOSETSU. I was so goddamn happy to see him again. And he's a HEALER now?! Holy crap. Him swooping in to save the day with his fancy magic still makes me grin ear to ear just thinking about it. What a great character. 10 out of 10. I hope we see him again soon.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

aw frick

reaper's really really fun, you guys

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Death's Design kind of has to be a debuff the way it works to siphon soul gauge to you, unfortunately. I don't mind it, I've got my debuff indicators nice and big right under the gauge anyway.

It works really well in AoE but yeah its kinda dumb for a single target boss.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

I kind of wish the third hit of the combo gave it 15 more seconds. As it is the combo doesn't really have a purpose besides being filler.

I feel the same way, but it's clicked in my brain now that "ah, none of my fancy buttons are up and I am just gonna use the filler combo, now is a good time to see how much time left is on--- god damnit when did it fall off" and then i can refresh it :v:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

I hadn't seen the numbers myself yet. I wonder how much of this is just lack of optimization, but yeah, I doubt this is what CBU3 wants the job balance looking like.

it looks basically just like any other job damage graph i've seen. i never look at All Percentages, i look at 90th and 95th percentiles. they're not bad. definitely tweakable.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yesterday when i was trying to take a nap i came to realize that since all the Sage spell names are greek-based, all the spells like Kerachole, Taurochole, Druochole, etc., all rhyme with broccoli.

i did not get much sleep

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ivypls posted:

gay for your own character is the goal, always

what if i'm straight for my own character :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fist clenching is the new nodding

also from a few pages back: i did the riddle quest in sharlayan without looking up a guide, fear me and respect me

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i really enjoy getting purple and orange parses for healing. as reaper.

arcane crest is so fuckin good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

enshroud is a really big game changer for reaper. it's so fun its a crime that you don't get it earlier.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i finally got the danger noodle and i love it

i love my big wingaling dragon

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ACT and cactbot used to be an absolute nightmare to install and keep updated and i'm very glad that it's all automatic now

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

top tier: hrothgar, female highlander, female roe
mid tier: male au ra, male roe, lalafells, female viera, male highlander, male miqote, elezens
low tier: male viera, female au ra, female miqote, midlanders

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the only reason i don't like some races is cause they're either too generic (male midlander) or just way, way too girly/cutesy (fem midlander, miqote and au ra) for my personality. the fem midlander run animation, for example, repulses me in a way that i cannot really describe! i do not want to role play as an anime schoolgirl.

but everyone else's WoL is cool and awesome, i just won't ever play those races myself.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Harrow posted:

mfw

yeah he's generic but he's my WoL, even if his dumb hair clips with every cool coat

your WoL is awesome.

i've always had a huge aversion to playing humans in MMOs or RPGs because i play these games for the escapism, and most of the time the only individualism and personality you get from your character in MMOs comes from your race. humans are always just so goddamn boring.

but when I first started playing FFXIV i picked female highlander, initially disappointed at the lack of any real beastly type races, and way too many "pretty girl" races, but the game gives your character so much time to shine as a real protagonist, they're so expressive and badass i quickly forgot any qualms i had about my race. plus i had a cool hairstyle that i rarely see on others.

then hrothgar came out and i'm like welp time to get back on my bullshit

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my macro for making the level 90 stuff (like crafting/gathering gear, sykon bavarois, purple scrip collectables) is this:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
/ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2>
/ac "Innovation" <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.2>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>

imo reflect is still good as it saves you a prep touch to get to 10 inner quiet stacks

this worked for me as soon as i got my HQ crafting set, and only got easier as i melded it up.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zokari posted:

The first zone didn't beat me, but the second zone coming out and being even worse definitely did.

big fuckin' same here

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what the hell is an osode

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

osodeez nuts bitch

fuuuuuuuuuuu

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i can't believe they nerfed arcane crest :(