Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love the Endwalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people? I feel like based on the goon reactions so far I'm going to go into it with the same kinds of unrealistic expectations that Marvel fans have going into the Spider-Man.

There is no way to do this. Just keep playing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Onean posted:

Do we know anything about the Tribe quests yet? Is there any chance the Loporrit's will be related to the (lvl 90 EX dungeon)Last Dregs, the cafe representing hope that sits where hope was nearly lost? I want it to be. Or, maybe the Omicron will be a secret third tribe and they can do it.

I dunno. I just really want there to be more to the Last Dregs than a one-off quest.

Theres a dialogue option at the cafe to learn about other civilizations that currently only has one to choose from. So they are definitely going to do something with that cafe.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah either beast tribe or custom delivery are good guesses since we have one tribe and three deliveries to account for. Just gotta wait for some patches.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Draxion posted:

Has anyone seen (non-story stuff) Yugiri in Endwalker? Every single other person I've ever met swings by at some point but I don't remember seeing her.

Shes in the Doma role quests! (Ranged DPS)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

she was barely in Stormblood

Uh she was in Stormblood a lot

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Don't make me count onscreen npc hours, I'll do it

Do it, let's see the proof!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sinteres posted:

I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm sure I'm far from alone in the player base in that I find trials pretty daunting, but before this game I found dungeons pretty daunting too, and having them be story requirements made me play them and get more comfortable with them. If they have a cool story they want to tell that doesn't fit with the MSQ and they want to leave it as side content, that's okay, but if integrating it into the MSQ allows them to more fully flesh out where the future of the franchise is going, I'd be happy to see that. Like we already got the big climactic finale here that they usually save for x.3, so unless the next couple years are just going to be ho hum content (aside from raids), having more space to build it up sounds good to me.

Kind of related to that, is anyone planning on actually quitting the game now that the core story is over? I'm sure a lot of people have a 'wait and see' attitude to it, but does anyone actually feel like yeah that was a satisfying capstone to my experience with this game and I think that's a good time to check out? I'm not, but I could understand the impulse.

Absolutely not. There's still so much of this world I wanna see!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gay_crimes posted:

Beat game. Game good
(post game spoiler)
what happened to Zenos? Pls don’t leave him out there. I know he’s evil but my brain is broken and I want him back.

Ending spoiler He died. You killed him. His last sentence stopping partway in was the moment of his death.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Re: the ludicrous idea that this should have been two expansions: People, myself included, were already concerned that Zenos and Fandaniel were gonna have to support a whole expansion, and that was when the assumption was that they were going to be more directly involved in the operation of the Final Days. So to not only have them stick around the whole time, but to not even dive into addressing the apocalypse they cause for another two years would have been awful. Part of the brilliance of Endwalker was how it undercut expectations and swerved in a different direction so early on. Feature not a bug. Just about everything was given exactly as much time as it needed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

The (83 trial) Zodiark fight is cool BECAUSE it's not the final boss of the patch!! In fact neither Zodiark or Hydalen is the final boss. I think that rules.

The idea of splitting up this story into multiple patches or even multiple expansion is insane to me. I thought it all flowed very well out of the very small amount of times when the "between action" parts went a little too slowly

:hmmyes:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Clarste posted:

Okay, but why are people doing the 89 trial for the first time without using the Trust?

I did this and while I don't regret it for story and thematic reasons, it did make the fight a bit easy. I much preferred the wipes to the other two trials as my groups figured them out together.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So one of the 'beast tribes' for this expac are definitely going to be (EX dungeon and final zone spoilers):The bar at the end of existance, right?

Maybe. Could also be custom deliveries. There's definitely gonna be something though since there's the option to find out more about ancient civilizations that only has one choice so far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bruceski posted:

The thing to note about the 7th calamity is (level 73-ish, before first ShB trial) that Louisoix managed to contain the damage. EVERY other Calamity has basically remade the world and forced mankind (in the generic all-races sense) to start from scratch,

Yep this is exactly it. Ironically I think that this caused the Ascians to get too greedy. Oh boy we can get two rejoinings done basically back to back! Only without a destroyed world, everyone remembered their poo poo and were much more prepared to work against them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

Are any of the role quests actually good? I haven't heard anything positive and the magic dps one was really meh. Like, okay, coda for Ishgard, but covering parts I don't really care about.

Ranged is pretty good. Nice to see how Doma is doing and wrap up some lingering Stormblood threads.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

theironjef posted:

So is the Bozjan Front a place where I need to be grouping up? Because I've never understood it. I queue for the front, then it's just a big flat plain of scattered enemies and a few players milling around in the base not doing anything. What's the goal?

You do fates to raise your rank. Sometimes a critical engagement spawns and you sign up for that from a menu and do that too. Every time you get enough mettle go rank up at the guy at base. As your rank increases you'll unlock story quests and be able to go in deeper. Get to rank 10 and you'll unlock the final dungeon of the area. Do that to finish the first area's story.

Then do Delubrum Reginae from outside Bozja.

Then go to Zadnor and repeat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To be clear Bozja (even without the relic) is intended as a timesink which is why it came out between expansions. It's not something you're just gonna knock out in an evening.

It is fun tho!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RIP FFXIV

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They didn't give girls the casual arm rest for the car mount either. What is this!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The last section of the dev notes about "suspicious services" has me very curious. Anyone have a clue what it's referring to?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Carmant posted:

Yeah I've got the log. It's just that the ARR ones actually gave you hints on where the viewpoints were so you could hunt them down instead of just randomly flying around maps or looking up a guide. Everything after seems to be the same generic statement for each one. I get why they removed weather requirements and other tedious stuff, but removing hints seems like it just makes it even more tedious.

The ARR ones have hints because they're all dumb BS with specific times, weather conditions, and emotes and are completely unmarked.

The expansion ones don't need hints because you can just see the points while exploring and grab 'em easily (unless there's jumping puzzles). They're definitely way less tedious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't make me slap a fool if we start Geomancer chat again

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here's a bit of a weird question cause I know they've never done this before but could they do a ranged DPS that uses scouting?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Why though?

I feel like "we need another scouting job" should be "why do we have scouting" - just merge scouting and maiming, then make NIN scale off those stats. As for the issue of people's jewelry - obviously this would be done in an expansion switchover, so just make the melee dps accessories free on tome vendors for a little while or something.

Cause the scouting looks different and its cool to have more types of clothing appearances!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Flight in ARR zones is at max mount speed. Its similar in SB areas. In ShB and EW zones, though, terrestrial mounts stay at 1 star vs 2 star and flight is at the base speed instead of the fast speed.

I don't think this is true

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have always heard that flight speed is unaffected by riding maps. I can't test this supposed faster flight speed right now but I never noticed such a phenomenon before.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So like is it easy now days to figure out how to get the iron frog mount? I don't really know anything about how people figure out when the bosses are up and stuff. I have Ixion because of moogles.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

https://faloop.app/fate

If you use that site you can track all the world fates by server and chance to activate. Formidable is old enough that people won't instapull it so you'll have a few minutes when it pops to get there.

Oh that's awesome thank you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Personally I think the way they used Zenos works perfectly even if you aren't a huge Zenos fan.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zenos: I just can't wrap my head around the people who don't think the other dialogue choices are a sufficient rejection of Zenos's assessment of you. The WoL is a silent protagonist, they aren't going to be able to do some big speech about why what Zenos says is wrong. But you the player can feel and think that and then choose dialogue options, the same minimal way you ALWAYS interact with the story, to tell him to go gently caress himself and then kill him. I felt like even to the very end Zenos fundamentally did not understand me, but that didn't upset me because why should it? He's a horrible broken man who has never had a real friendship or meaningful relationship. I don't care if he thinks we're the same, so I just killed him and he died alone and disappointed. That was extremely satisfying for me!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've been levelling Reaper and it's so loving fun holy poo poo. This is gonna pass Ninja as my favorite Melee job. Every piece of it just feels so perfect. I can even do the fancy poo poo with the portals to "maintain uptime" I think is the phrase. Can't wait to get the shroud oGCDs and finisher.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just hope this time Gerolt finally pays off his debt. :shobon:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

His debts not even real, Rowenna's just making poo poo up so she can keep him where she can find him because they're both too cowardly to admit they still love one another and she's hoping he breaks first.

Are you saying Rowenna would do that

Just go right out there and tell lies???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MillennialVulcan posted:

A question about the MSQ ...

Zone 5 spoilers

In the Crystal Tower on the First, Elidibus says he remembers seeing us in Elpis, or something similar. He wasn't Hermes, Venat, Emet, or Hythlo so how does he remember this? Did I miss him in a side quest or did something else slip by me?

Nothing slipped by you. There's speculation about how this may be resolved but right now it's a hanging thread.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Geez yeah 565 already? I had to break for over a week after finishing the story, I've barely even started collecting tomestones.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pandaemonium main companion: In addition to everything else that has been said, Themis is introduced as "Confused Boy" - that is to say he's noticeably younger than the other Ancients we've been hanging around with. Which is also one of the traits we know about Elidibus.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Meanwhile Eyes of the Creator is still complete and absolute hell every single time, 5 years after release.

(Why yes I did just get that one today. Mercifully only one wipe.)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Begemot posted:

I'm four ilvls below the requirement for the raid :negative:

I guess I should've kept up with daily expert roulettes instead of focusing on leveling reaper... but on the plus side, I hit 90 today, and now I look like a Kingdom Hearts character:

That was my situation this morning, but since the level 90 dungeons give 80 tomestones just for doing them, it's not THAT bad to grind up. Did a couple of those and relevant roulettes and was able to get to 565 and do the raids.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

this is a personal attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Is that the one with melting metal stuff? Got that one yesterday, and I know it wasn't your group since it was a lot more than one wipe.

That's the one. I feel you.