Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now that there is an endwalker thread, we can rename the shadowbringers thread to "remember that we once posted"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Chocobo posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for Endwalker alternatives until they sort out the queue issues? I was looking at meth or synthetic heroin?

The Blue Reflection anime is, weirdly, very similar both in its emotional themes and the fantasy elements used to explore those themes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
mission to have the good name for the shadowbringers thread successful

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

I realized that there is in-game "proof" that the Warrior of Light is not a man. If the WoL - silent and stoic as they are known to be - was a man, then it does not make sense for Alphinaud to form a unique "big brother" relationship with Estinien. WoL as a sort of "big sister" figure to the twins just feels like it fits more.

Speaking of Estinien, (not sure why I'm spoiling this, very early non-Endwalker content) I've been leveling up Dragoon and was very surprised to see that Estinien shows up in the ARR Dragoon job quests. I think these might be some of the only quests that directly require the interpretation of "going back in time" to do them - usually you can sort of fit the job quests into any time slot in the story.

people can have two brothers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm half expecting them to rebrand 7.0 as ff17

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the most important thing a class can do is shoot dragonlasers which is why dragoon and summoner are the best classes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
me thinking about dragoon changes: oh they just added an ogcd no big deal
me playing dragoon: oh god the changes in cooldown times means that everything lines up by default, so every drift away from perfect is pure agony

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Day number 6 in a row where I get disconnected between 4 and 7, effectively ending my night. Very cool this happens every single day. :thumbsup: It's cool how there's nothing I can do about this

if it's that consistent, is there any possibility that some person or program on your network is loving with the internet every evening in some way? I don't know what that would mean, exactly, but that sucks so much it feels like trying to find the cause it worth it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think a true fix to the 2002 issue probably requires rewriting the login client to the point where by the time they have it ready, the queues won't be an issue anymore. Right now it has the baffling decision for the client to close when it can't contact the server, rather than trying again. That just didn't matter before so there was no need to fix it (though I kind of judge them for not anticipating the problem). Unfortunately, it's just not the kind of thing they can deploy in a hotfix. Maybe it'll show up in 6.1?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sinteres posted:

Kind of related to that, is anyone planning on actually quitting the game now that the core story is over? I'm sure a lot of people have a 'wait and see' attitude to it, but does anyone actually feel like yeah that was a satisfying capstone to my experience with this game and I think that's a good time to check out? I'm not, but I could understand the impulse.

I still got savages to raid

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
On controller it's really easy to tether people, though it takes a bit to learn the muscle memory to do it without clipping. Up->up->up->tether is something I press a Lotz and it sends me right back to the boss afterwards because the party member was only a soft target

You do want to use it second when you double weave it with something else, though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The halves are disjoint in terms of the events that happen in the fantasy narrative but are extremely cohesive in their emotional theming imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm sort of assuming that 7.0 will have you wander over to another continent, spend 10 levels learning about them, and capping it off by defeating a local, not global, threat

If I had to guess, 6.1 through 6.55 will deal with the general malaise of not having an obvious direction and purpose at the moment

Of course the writing team could upset this in any number of ways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

No Mods No Masters posted:

Doesn't seem like enough patches to do such riveting subject matter justice

I mean obviously things would still be happening. I just meant that the emotional core of the story arc would be "what do you do after you've (seemingly) peaked?"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

isk posted:

Me trying to dodge the AoEs of (90 Expert dungeon) Stigma Dreamscape's 2nd boss while maintaining uptime as a melee

Quite a bit. 3 dungeons, 2 trials, and lots of cutscenes. They're really good

I don't think full uptime is possible and I'll just settle for not getting hit and being in position to gapclose once the boss stops moving

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

bagrada posted:

They should have released Endwalker weekly like a tv show, one story segment at a time. It would take care of the queue, let the bombs sink in and breathe, and people could water cooler the latest beats while waiting for the next story drop.

it wouldn't fix the queue it would just extend it for months

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The doma part was far better than the ala mhigo part

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
drh->drg->drg->drg->drg

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sure okay posted:

Spoiler maybe?

I don't even know what everyone is waiting for, but im glad to be a part of the Argos tower

that location is where this expansion's big world fate boss spawns. The equivalent of like ixion or odin.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It even sticks around after finishing the msq

Its just an awful music choice in a game full of great music choices. Very unlike them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its not showing up on the android app

Sounds like an unfortunate case of technology screwing up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Probably worth submitting a bug report to the app devs that spoilered YouTube links break containment on ios

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Onean posted:

Not only are they stopping distribution of the paid editions, they're disabling registration for free trials, too.

Isn't this exactly the case for FFXVI? I know YoshiP is the lead on it and it's advertised coming from CBU3, but I don't know how much overlap there is.

fwiw, yoshida is producer on ff16, not director. So he's in charge of making sure the game stays on time and on budget, not in charge of creative aspects. For ff14, he's both.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ixion actually made the game incompletable for late comers, because the Lochs was literally full on all three instances during peak ixion insanity hours

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

have the 2002 errors been fixed or is it just there isnt too many people queueing at once anymore? Or have I just been lucky the past couple days

Maintenance has helped but the real fix is coming this tuesday

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Square really really wants you to play anything other than ffxiv right now

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regalingualius posted:

For 70-80, is Bozja generally considered the best way to level alts once you get the roulette bonuses out of the way?

I don't know for sure that there's nothing faster, but I do know that it's very fast. If you're far enough in the story to have the final zone of Zadnor unlocked, it takes around 5 hours to go from 71 to 81.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragons own let's go to dragonland

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Those are the words out of my wol's mouth five minutes before getting on a boat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The limited job I want to see is Azem. Mechanic is summoning shades of NPCs you've met over the course of the game using the Azem job crystal, gathered and compiled similar to how blue mage works

Biggest problem is, of course, that it's a minor spoiler to even say the idea

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every tank except dry got a broken-feeling button

Poor drk

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That said, money only really matters if you're buying the new glamour outfit every patch, outfitting a house, or maybe doing raid speedruns and burning through potions like crazy

relatively normal play will give enough income for day to day expenses and the occasional splurge

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Think how much easier it would have been to just introduce zenos to the wandering minstrel so he can just fight wol ultimate over and over

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Italics is my mechanical favorite of the alliance raid sets. CT and void ark are boring and Nier relies too heavily on weird indicators and also takes way too loving long

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's almost like the circumstances of the nations of Etheirys don't map one-to-one in all ways with any specific real-world nation, by design

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
gently caress im too slow

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lota atomos is still the best content in the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
a fight where you have a visible dps race against the other parties, but also get to troll them, either intentionally or just because you have dumbasses in the alliance? but like, tuned so easy that it doesn't really matter and you can just laugh at it?

perfect content

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
honestly I'd rather have CT roulette than any roulette which includes nier so feel free to continue rigging, from my perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's funny that everybody is sick of the msq level 90 dungeon because I haven't gotten it even once and I'm annoyed that I haven't gotten a second look at it yet