Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Tsukuyomi fight kicks a ton of rear end holy poo poo. Visually, musically, mechanically all of it is so good.

Also gently caress Asahi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

Wayward Daughter is still my favorite boss track, hands down. The whole fight's fantastic, but the OST gives it such a relentless energy with a note of melancholy lurking beneath.

I straight up said "Holy poo poo" out loud when the guitar kicked in

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just did the Jade Stoa, this all started cause I wanted to help clear the Scion ledger. :psyduck:

drat it Alphinaud.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Rathalos ex soloable at any point?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

Might be tricky due to the gimmicks with that fight.

The mounting phase is the one I'm worried about and dragging my friends into this just so I can get the monstiemount sounds like a recipe for misery.

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone said it is soloable a while ago!

E: here

Thanks!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oneiros posted:

who the gently caress is screaming "JUST WIPE" in party chat. show yourself, coward. i will never just wipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7MZI47nAfg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know why the Post Moogle quest stopped showing up for me? I'm at postal carrier level 11 and the moogle isn't showing up at Limsa after completing the last quest , is there another prerequisite I'm missing?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saigyouji posted:

Yes. Do the quest chain starting with Fungal Frolic from Marcette in Central Shroud.

Thank you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got 3 lines for Khloe's Journal and right after got a 10K ticket in the mini cactpot, hell yeah.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What are some other good emotes to pick up during the sale?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maguoob posted:

Unless they’ve changed it you can sell cards you haven’t added to your deck. You may not be able to sell unique cards that you can only ever get one of, but I did accidentally sell a trial boss card that I hadn’t actually put in my deck yet.

There's a column that shows a green check mark if you have the card in your deck.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

14's take on the older game's music is so good. Like the remix for 5's final boss theme is pretty straightforward, but the instrumentation is perfect.

Now I'm thinking in terms of what music I would like to hear from future content instead of if the content itself would be cool or not.

I want a Seymour trial.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thundarr posted:

The Seymour theme would rule, but I'm not sure how they'd implement the fight to properly convey the feeling of the difficulty brick wall that his fight on the mountain has.

I'll also just put out there that XIV has multiple versions of III's Eternal Wind now, and they're all very good.

SMN specific duty action where they have to pop off all their summons' special attacks before Seymour banishes them and the party wipes if he's still alive after they run out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pucci doesn't count 1 case closed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Branch it off from ACN so we can fulfill all three roles and achieve true power.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

You should be able to hotswap jobs but the party composition has to stay the same. Like if you swap from healer to DPS another DPS player is automatically changed to a healer. Do they not have any levelled healer jobs? They're a White Mage now and they'll learn what the buttons do the hard way.

This would be an incredible boss gimmick

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WrightOfWay posted:

They're just placed on the hotbars in the order you learn the abilities so absolutely cursed.

Along with sprint, return, teleport, and the playguide for some reason.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Been doing the Vanu Vanu beast tribe quest and one of them has me collecting Korrigans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljv6A36Nf1k

what the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

WHM needs triplecast for more holy.

WHM needs more poo poo before 45. I'm leveling WHM right now purely through frontlines because I can't deal with low level WHM.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

But Holy doee indeed rule just because it's an AoE centered around yourself instead of a targeted enemy so jump into that huge crowd and start exploding.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zomborgon posted:

Healer leylines

:whitewater:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WAR+WHM would just be those old school healers in D&D, right? The ones with the maces.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

There's a bit of leeway with poo poo like Doton and Living Shadow because:
a: they snapshot their damage at cast time
b: they require no further input or interaction from the caster
c: they actually deal damage

It's in the name too DoTon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just witnessed Y'shtola straight murder a guy god drat.

RIP Magnai

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

The scions have all probably murdered many people

All the bodies vanish so there's no way to confirm.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, typically speaking, if there's a boss with two colored attacks, the idea is to get hit by the opposite color of the debuff you have.

Extremes or Savage might play with your expectations of that, though. I don't remember if Neo Exdeath was the opposite.

Regular Zurvan has you match up with the same color. Although that's elements so probably not the same mechanic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has Yoshi-P always had all those rings?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MechaX posted:

Just going through the story and suddenly encounter 4K high res Aymeric or some poo poo

Yes please

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HD Grass :eyepop:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

lmao

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Veotax posted:

Dunno why they hang around here, considering we're worse than 4chan and all.

fanboys and cultists

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm gonna miss seeing people's dumb glams in Prae's cutscenes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know there's no way around it, but it makes me laugh when they have you face down a boss in a cutscene, but it's a duty so the boss is just hovering there awkwardly a few feet away while you get the gang together.

Anyway the Omega raids are fun as hell, Alpha owns, Nero owns, eScape is a kickass song.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nothing like securing a come from behind victory in frontlines by doing nothing cause the other two teams are focused on killing each other while the game blesses us with tomestones in our territory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Completed Tataru's questline in Stormblood, I like this thing StB keeps doing in trials where the last phase of the fight transforms the arena completely. The last trial in this questline is especially cool with the raging storm visuals matching with how hectic the fight can get. Also Soken keeps hitting it out of the park with these themes, the basslines in particular in these trial themes have been killer.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm happy for sandwich Hrothgar

lol didn't notice this

I like that he's stealing it out of a picnic basket like he's Yogi Bear.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stormblood Post-msqI feel real dumb for not recognizing Gaius earlier, his outfit is basically the same just missing the armor. I love how they don't even try to justify him surviving

"But didn't you die?"

"No."

And that's that I'm not even mad. I miss his old voice though, but at least his love of chewing scenery hasn't changed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I figured it was him when he showed up and started using Terminus Est after mentioning he had a former relationship with the Scions. I think the camera also pans down to his mask.

I'm pretty sure it did, but after he mentions he's hunting ascians so I mistook it for a low level ascian mask. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Started Shadowbringers and completed Alisaie's side first and that was horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thundarr posted:

Welcome to Shadowbringers.

:unsmigghh:

The worst part is I was expecting something hosed up to happen, like that random sin eater you fight turning out to be the kid you're looking for, but my expectations were shattered in a real horrific way.

Reminded me of that one cutscene in Twilight Princess.

Ciaphas posted:

ngl i had to look away for most of That Bit

I think it wouldn't have been too bad by itself but the cuts to the kid not reacting to any this at all made it incredibly unnerving.