Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Every time I do Shiva I try to line up /beesknees so the wink happens on the freeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I can't tell if this one dude is ultra lazy or if the entire Sharlayan Bibliotech faction are just colossal loving morons

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hazardousmouse posted:

I can't tell if this one dude is ultra lazy or if the entire Sharlayan Bibliotech faction are just colossal loving morons

It's Sharlayan, so probably both

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013
The best way to do the Shiva steppy is to have a pld cover you so you can run around the arena with her on your head.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macaluso posted:

If you don't wanna get stepped I'm not sure you can really call yourself an FF14 fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47F4V-or73s

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

Every time I do Shiva I try to line up /beesknees so the wink happens on the freeze

"Bees Knees has a wink? I should check that out."

"oh... right..."

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

hazardousmouse posted:

Sharlayans are the 2nd dumbest motherfuckers on the entire planet, beaten out only Garleans in shear dumbassery. Almost every time that EW's plot made me go, "this is stupid" there was a non-scion Sharlayan involved.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Sharlayans are the 2nd dumbest motherfuckers on the entire planet, beaten out only Garleans in shear dumbassery. Almost every time that EW's plot made me go, "this is stupid" there was a non-scion Sharlayan involved.

I agree, Sharlayans being universally dumb as hell was the best part of Endwalker.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Arist posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gobbeldygook posted:

everyone you hear playing recognizable songs is just using Bard Music Player.

Yeah, that's actually how I was thinking of transcribing (like generating one of those files it uses), though directly playing would be fun if it were feasible enough.

Failboattootoot posted:

From their perspective I actually don't think their decisions were that strange (well, aside from the twins' dad who dealt with that situation in the dumbest way possible). They're not exactly imbued with the "video game logic" we are, where we know what's going on and that we'll inevitable win any fights we get into.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Charles Get-Out posted:

Back in Exdeath I was doing callouts one night and was super tired so forgot the name of Double Attack & said "uhhhh big man" instead.

It was a fun game after that to determine which move was "big man" in every new tier for a bit.

Quoting this from a while back just because it reminded me of something - my bf is a teacher, he asked the kids who was the first man on the moon and one little girl put her hand up and said 'BIG MANSTRONG' really loudly

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Shiva screenshots are always good.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, that's actually how I was thinking of transcribing (like generating one of those files it uses), though directly playing would be fun if it were feasible enough.
While almost everyone uses Bard Music Player, someone else made a Dalamud plugin called Harp Hero that helps you play but doesn't actually push the buttons for oyu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Rathalos ex soloable at any point?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is Rathalos ex soloable at any point?

Might be tricky due to the gimmicks with that fight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone said it is soloable a while ago!

E: here

Gobbeldygook posted:

Here's a short guide to soloing stuff in EW:

The Great Hunt: It was already soloable by some classes in ShB and more classes now, probably farmable without echo. The hardest part about the fight at 90 as warrior is doing enough hits to fill his bar and trigger a landing, killing him in one landing is trivial.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

Might be tricky due to the gimmicks with that fight.

The mounting phase is the one I'm worried about and dragging my friends into this just so I can get the monstiemount sounds like a recipe for misery.

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone said it is soloable a while ago!

E: here

Thanks!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Ytlaya posted:

From their perspective I actually don't think their decisions were that strange (well, aside from the twins' dad who dealt with that situation in the dumbest way possible). They're not exactly imbued with the "video game logic" we are, where we know what's going on and that we'll inevitable win any fights we get into.

I was actually really impressed with how Endwalker successfully conveyed that Sharlayan is full of intellectual and genuinely curious people who are willing to help you do the right thing even if it goes against the plans of their employers, just because a fuller disclosure can only be good for everybody.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You could certainly do Rathalos with a smaller party even on launch (though having a party of tanks helped) so I imagine it can't be too bad two expansions on.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Yeah the mechanic where he has vuln down until being hit a certain number of times makes him a bit of a pain in the rear end to solo farm since overleveling doesn't do anything there, but it's doable.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I know someone was dragging a party of 4 goons through a few days worth of RathEX not too long ago quite successfully.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Electric Phantasm posted:

The mounting phase is the one I'm worried about and dragging my friends into this just so I can get the monstiemount sounds like a recipe for misery.

Thanks!
You can only fail the mounting active time event if someone initiates it. The garula has almost no health, it's easy to kill and then you hop behind it. I just killed him for the first time on Paladin and while it was easier to ground him than as warrior I didn't have the damage to kill him in one landing without echo (or maybe I did and just didn't setup my burst right).

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

god i wish that were me

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

saw some guy in a super bowl headline named Cooper Kupp. that's just straight up a moogle's name.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/N0STREM/status/1475349399190609927?t=Y9W1noFKs3Nco5PfgPHZEQ&s=19

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

who the gently caress is screaming "JUST WIPE" in party chat. show yourself, coward. i will never just wipe

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.
Imagine a party wiping to the P1N boss but the warrior spends the next hour soloing it.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i think the current hotness is pld soloing p2n for two hours or something like that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oneiros posted:

who the gently caress is screaming "JUST WIPE" in party chat. show yourself, coward. i will never just wipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7MZI47nAfg

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i am actually cracking up at this. it's beautiful. this is art

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Gobbeldygook posted:

While almost everyone uses Bard Music Player, someone else made a Dalamud plugin called Harp Hero that helps you play but doesn't actually push the buttons for oyu.

Alas no game pad support it looks like

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Sale on the Online Store to celebrate the new data center. Runs from today until March 10.

Also, last year's Valentione's Day items have been added if you missed out on those.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy gently caress that's a lot of stuff on sale.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Anyone got a link to that triple triad completion tool? I'm missing three npc wins and I'm not seeing their icons on the map. Good news is they're definitely limited to EW and I've cleared all the sidequests so no one should be locked still.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I'll let my bard sing for a buck fifty. I can still hear it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfzglU239v0

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

Anyone got a link to that triple triad completion tool? I'm missing three npc wins and I'm not seeing their icons on the map. Good news is they're definitely limited to EW and I've cleared all the sidequests so no one should be locked still.

Not sure which one you're talking about, but if you're using the quick launcher the triple triad helper plugin can show you in game which ones you're missing and where to get them. Otherwise I've been using this one to keep track https://triad.raelys.com/

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

hazardousmouse posted:

There's also https://arrtripletriad.com/en/cards for tracking

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

saw some guy in a super bowl headline named Cooper Kupp. that's just straight up a moogle's name.

Cooper Kupp is sly and sweet
He'll tickle your nose
Then tickle your feet

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I use https://lalachievements.com/ttcards/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Looks like there's some new players in ARR zones that I need to go out and find, not in EW zones. I'll have to check when I get home!