Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ll take the controversial stance

Endwalker isn’t good

It’s great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

How do I get the proper registration key from the digital preorder? Opening email right now

E: nvm, saw it

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also: I know it’d be impractical for every job, but man do I wish SAM had gotten a scene of pulling Musosai’s sword out to complete the artifact armor, to emphasize that you really are about to head out for the final battle.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Finally managed to beat the MSQ.

Slightly disappointed that there wasn’t even the chance to at least try to tell Zenos to gently caress off after the final boss.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Begemot posted:

You can, (MSQ ending)saying "well I'm just going to kill you" is telling him to gently caress off. Even if you don't accept his description of the WoL, it still makes sense to get rid of him once and for all. You know he's not going to stop hurting people.

There's even a difference in his dialog, he says "Acceptance, finally!" and looks genuinely happy if you say he might be right about you.

I was meaning more in the sense of trying to just up and leave him without fighting while trying to tell him to get a loving hobby that isn’t you

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m wondering: what’s the cheapest way to get to the moon from Sharlyan?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Ugh, tonight’s been unusually poo poo for me.

I’ve already lost my place in the queue twice because a 2002 just so happened to come up while I was busy with something else outside for a few minutes :sigh:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m just glad that I got to finish the MSQ, so I don’t have to worry about getting casually spoiled and can feel fine with just doing other poo poo now until this gets resolved

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

At this point, can any amount of incompetence from the NW devs really surprise you any more?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What’s something good to spend white crafters scrip on if you already have all of the level 3-8 master recipes and 500 gear from ShB?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just finished the 83 dungeon’s Aiming set, and I think I’m in love.

How does the end of run guaranteed piece of loot work? Like, does it try to fill in whatever slots are lowest, or is it just totally random beyond being appropriate for your job?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

For 80-90 after completing the MSQ, does the usual “do your roulettes, then spam whatever the highest level dungeon is while loving around on the overworld” advice still apply, or is there something I’m missing?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eimi posted:

I dunno, with as cool as the 83 solo duty was, it was also extremely horrifying. Maybe just because I am trans and the body you are put in, while fully covered, uses male animations, it made it extremely horrifying and such a violation that I kind of hated that it doesn't faction in how you can treat him later on. Probably the single most disturbing thing that happens to your character in this game, and I hate that it's just forgotten.

I’m surprised that it also never comes up again. Like, I was expecting some downtime quest in the main story where you come across a relative of the random grunt you were forced to possess, but you don’t immediately realize it simply because Garlemald’s a war zone.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

90 SAM basically feels like they just went down a wishlist and checked everything off. Pretty much all of the jank is gone, and it feels like you have a lot less downtime before something comes off cooldown. Only kind of weird thing is the 90 ability, and that’s mainly because it’s your only other move with a cast time.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So where does the Christmas event quest start at?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

For 70-80, is Bozja generally considered the best way to level alts once you get the roulette bonuses out of the way?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, for Summoner: should you be blowing Summon Bahamut on CD even if you still have charges left on your other summons, or try to use them all up first? I figured the former because it keeps your CDs consistently lined up

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So is there any real reason to level trusts outside of shenanigans with characters who couldn’t possibly have been there?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Ugh I’ve got an earworm

What’s the name of the song that plays for Alphascape 4.0?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The real pro strat is to not bother studying up ahead of time (or remembering) and just stay with whatever the largest mass of players is under the assumption that they know what’s up

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What the gently caress am I doing wrong on the caster DPS role finale?

I get to the point where you kill adds, stand behind the friendly NPC that’s supposed to be shielding me, and I’m still getting one shot

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And right after I post that, I finally beat it

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I loved what they did with SAM, but… fuuuuck, now SMN is legitimately great to play now

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Is it just me, or does a lot of the dungeon/leveling gear in this expansion kick rear end?

Like the only kinda boring set I’ve worn was the Striking set from 88-89, and even that has a steampunk clock hat.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just have my crafter bars set up in the order I learned everything in

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m not gonna lie: I sometimes can’t even tell that they’re femroe, I just think that they’re hyur, somehow

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was thinking a segment of the end walker Msq was very metal gear solid until there was a literal codec call in the middle of it

This is Thancred

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What’s the usual recommendation for grinding the limited tomestones for someone who also wants to level alt jobs? Already did all of my daily roulettes except for main scenario and leveling.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Studium question: does Jude acknowledge if you keep choosing the “get a hold of yourself” option every time?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So about how long does it usually take after release for an expansion’s OST to release?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

For Heavensturn, I can buy the helm I don’t choose from a calamity salvager, right?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I haven’t really paid any attention to how much EXP the 50-80 roulette gives for leveling, is it worthwhile?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Buddy, you're in for a ride.

Like the entire cutscene after the first 80 dungeon, which is tied with the 3.3 trial for the greatest music cue in the game

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So what’s the deal with levequests this time around, now that triple turnins are gone? Just level, then basically forget about them? Or are there any that basically print money for no great effort after you get everything to 90, like coffee biscuits and mythril files?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I remember going to the calamity salvager recently, hosed around checking out old reclaim/exchange stuff, and… were glam prisms really specific to what DoH class was associated with whatever the slot was?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Is Purple Gatherer’s/Crafter’s Scrip gear worth farming for, or is the lack of materia slots pretty much an automatic dealbreaker?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Time Mage should also borrow from the Bravely series, and make their big CD attack casting Meteor 16 times simultaneously

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken, I've even forgotten my name!

You gotta do it with style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAVIZrs4HTc

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Speaking of: as BLM, how often should I be using the “next Fire/Lightning is guaranteed to proc” CD? I’m in the low 80’s, and all I’ve ever really used it for is those times when I gently caress up with Fire IV and need to get back to 3 ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Thanks for the advice on BLM, all.

…now to figure out what I’m going to hotkey sharpcast to to use it more often. I’ve really appreciated how simple BLM’s been to set up, since most of it’s just felt like “single/AoE target of the same spell”.

Except Blizzard I; I legitimately can’t remember the last time I ever cast that.