Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Thank goodness we have a new thread! Number of pages were getting a little high. Close call!

I'm level 87, and I just met Meteion and I would do anything for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

bewilderment posted:

They really... struggled to actually put gameplay into the Endwalker rolequests, huh? Especially compared to the Shadowbringers ones.

Yeah, the magic dps quest was a big wet fart of boring, which is a shame because my Elezen self loves everything Ishgard.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Any favorite artifact gear? I've gotten the RDM and SMN so far. The former is good except for the shorts, which is an odd fashion direction unless I'm missing some cultural derivation. The rapier is beautiful though.The SMN armor looks nice, easy to dye, and has wings and a head dong :) But the weapon is a little uninspired.

I'm finishing BLM next, but not excited at all about the gear. I might do a different job instead.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Dragoon looks great close up, but a mess from a distance and the detail is in a form that dyeing doesn't help. Bard's got some style.

Usually I hate broad-brimmed hats in cutscenes, but the bard one often just left my character's nose and smile so I knew what glam I gad to go for. It's a shame Bard doesn't get the Nier raid trenchcoat.

Gotta say, that is a nice hat. I'll post some pics later.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Found a texture seam on the Old Sharlayan aetheryte. Game literally unplayable.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

The Christian Soft Rock playing on repeat in the final zone is unfortunate. So is the Lost Prophets song in Stigma.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah, it's unfortunate since the rest of the soundtrack is stellar.

Edit for explanation:

Christian rock comparison, not much to say except that it gives me those vibes unfortunately.

As for the Lost Prophets comparison:

I'll just hyperlink the dungeon video to avoid spoilers. Start at 1:10.
https://youtu.be/j_rxUIsvTo8?t=70

Lost Prophets video at 34 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFLFuOdJDko&t=34s

It might even be in the same key. The dungeon track has a faster tempo, though (and is actually good).

central dogma fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 16, 2021

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

Lol I rolled credits last night and popped out into a room with like a dozen people to talk to and I just noped out and went fishing

Same.

On a related note, thankfully someone in here reminded me that shout chat could be turn off. The Zone 6 chat of a thousand people waiting 17+ (!!) hours for a whacky monkey cheese random mount was killing the vibe, what with everyone trying to one up the other with puns, ALL CAPS, and similar cringeworthy goofiness.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

SettingSun posted:

To be fair that mount is incredibly good. But not wait 36 hours good.

I world hopped early in the morning and hit two spawns when they were at the very end of their spawn window.

You know, you're right. A mount can be "whacky" and good at the same time. But the sheer amount of time people are camping for it is mind boggling.

^^ The Christian rock power ballad was just the icing on the cake!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

ever since i read that post I've been like Meteion with the curse of knowledge, thinking to myself "no, they mustn't know", i legitimately hate this

I'm sorry, my friend :(

I don't think it would have crossed my mind had it not been on repeat for my last 2-3 hours of MSQ there. They did this too in ShB in the leadup to the Vauthry dungeon. Gotta give music some room to breathe, imho.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Augus posted:

I will listen to the power ballad for 1000 hours and like it

Same, but with Yanxia day theme instead (not Soken's otamatone version).

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Hopefully we get something without elemental magic, even if it ends up excluding geomancer.

We currently have
Fire: BLM, RDM, SMN
Earth: CNJ, RDM, SMN
Water/Ice: BLM
Air/thunder: BLM, RDM, CNJ, SMN

Hmm, maybe a water mage of some sort, though that's fairly limiting.

My votes for new DPS would be

Esper (like Terra as someone already mentioned). An esper in FFXIV might be able to switch between aether and dynamis for unique effects.

Puppetmaster: uses your collected minions in some way. Probably a limited job like blue mage.

Assassin: Can perform different attacks based on distance from mob. Can quickly move around undetected like thancred in the EW solo duty. Uses throwing stars or kunai.

Someone said gambler already, which would be awesome. Uses dice or cards.

Something (anything) that casts confuse. It would be cool to have a mob change sides for a while or until it dies. Or paint a mob like Relm in FF6.

Chemist that throws potions on the ground for various effects. Can even combine AoEs. Ever play Guild Wars 2 where players can combo their skills? Something like that. Could also be the DoT job.

Hunter of some sort, since controllable pets were taken from SMN.

Edit: Even these might be too limiting. Whatever new job comes about needs 100 levels worth of skills and traits.

central dogma fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 17, 2021

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

VanillaGorilla posted:

So after deliberating for a while, I think my EW jobs are going to be RDM/SUM, WAR, SCH, RPR, and BRD.

My WAR and PLD are both 75 right now. I'm going PLD based on the simple fact that I can't stand running around with leftover Beast gauge swirling about.

"Yes ma'am, I'd like 99 Gysahl Greens, please. Don't mind the red swirls, I'm actually quite calm right now ❤."

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Ironslave posted:

Shame you can't remove the faceplate on the hood.

Doesn't it move up with the visor command?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Do you all think Rathalos is soloable by a 90 RDM or SMN? That mail looks like a decent universal glamour.

Edit: To add, what about other level 70 trials? Think we'll need some higher iLvl gear first to solo extremes?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Is DRK still the worst feeling tank to sync lower level content due to the loss of TBN? Is there a tank that feels best? My tanks are all over level 60 but I haven't played them since EW.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

I'm sorry, scions, but imma start taking my squadron instead of you all. Don't feel bad you're underperforming. After all, my squad was trained by the best (me) :grin:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Prima Donna tank in Smileton asking me not to use my summons because they are too big.

I tell them /petsize all small.

They retort by claiming they shouldn't have to be the one ~burdened~ making the adjustment and that I was being selfish :confused:

Burdened? Really? I guess I could just cast Ruin III and Tri-disaster the entire time.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Thoughts on magic DPS at level 90.

RDM
  • Flashiest spells and sound effects
  • A spectacle to play, as always
  • Range damage, melee, heals, and rezzes - something for every occasion
  • Fashion

SMN
  • Calamity-sized summons
  • Huge spell effects (very cool, but potentially disruptive)
  • Easy rotation
  • Can rez
  • Huge up-front spike damage
  • You're the only Scion summoner
  • Damage is puny but you look cool doing it

BLM
  • Boring
  • Needs buffed

I'll probably do ranged physical next.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Tataru should inherit the moonstone carbuncle, as it's currently being neglected by Alphie.

Better yet, strap a noulith to moonstone's back. Dare to be the first true multi-job practitioner!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

My main issue with BLM is that it's the hardest caster to play on controller, mostly because I can't figure out a logical ability layout. They have ice and fire phases for both single target and AoE. Plus tons of oGCDs used frequently. My setup has gotten me to 90, but I'll never parse high because I fat finger the rotation too often.

This isn't really new with EW though. BLM has always been my least comfy DPS class on controller. For comparison, I find DRG and new SMN to be the comfiest.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

I'm ready for the summoner buff. Gonna be wild :cool:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

I don't watch Stal but I saw an EW clip where they said they skip cutscenes and don't enjoy the story. Now, I don't know if they were being ironic or not, but still, any opinions from Stal are pretty sketch in my book :colbert:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

I won't be satisfied until every class plays like Cookie Clicker :colbert:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

I have BLM at 90, but I don't raid with this job. Can anyone comment on this parse that shows no damage from Fire 4? Is it a new way to approach BLM damage or will it be patched out as an unintended gimmick? It appears competitive at least this early in the raid tier.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

P4 theme owns, I want to hear the "Christian rock" poster's thoughts on it

It's good because it's not on repeat for 6 hours.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Another draw for Limsa is that it's the first destination in the travel menu.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Speaking of spender noise, as RDM, starting my moulinet combo at 50 mana instead of the required 60 :smith: Either reduce moulinet cost to 15 or use the secondary spender noise at 60.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

ranking

top tier: aura female, lalafell, viera male
high tier: hrothgar, viera female, miqote male, miqote female, highlander male
mid tier: highlander female, elezen male, aura male, midlander male, midlander female, roe male
low tier: roe female, elezen female

I think you misplaced Elezen female, which should be S-tier at the top.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Indeed. Also I finished my "everything glows" set and sat bored on a glowy chair to showcase it. Even the earrings, turns out EX1 accessories glow.

She has an elegant, yet commanding presence. I haven't finished my Eezen's WAR glam yet, but I'm aiming for 'bronze with Ancient Greek aesthetic'.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

The armoire should be able to store cash shop glams.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Jesus, imagine installing a plug in to squeeze 20 more potency out of an opener and getting banned for it. A hearty lol.

Edit: ^^ just saw your post. Good luck! Hope it's worth it <3

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Vitamean posted:

lmao what's that suppose to mean

like, I loving hate that xivalexander is even an option, but the game's designed in a way that makes double weaving ping-dependent, and if someone has horrible ping and that makes their job functional then by all means. the plugin's creator has a warning that using the plugin is liable for a ban, but it's been around for years and just like any plugin or windower in ff11, the devs don't seem to give a poo poo if you aren't being stupid about it.

Is this what you'll tell tech support if they come a knockin with a ban? Because I'm not sure they'll buy it. But maybe if you tell them you saw YoshiP double weave in a live letter...

As an aside, is there any content you haven't been able to clear without this tool? I know double weaving can be ping-dependent, but I don't think any content is designed to be insurmountable without double weaving.

Do what you want. You're tool doesn't affect me. I do, truly and sincerely hope you're right that people don't get banned for this. I mean that.

^^ I threw 20 potency out as a random number.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Hey, we're all friends here. I reacted in shock is all. Like, I've spent several thousand hours in 14. If something is against TOS, even if no one has ever been banned for it in ten years, I'd nope the hell out.

Also, isn't the Games forum public or no?

Anyway, sorry if I upset anyone. It's out of my system now.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Vitamean posted:

I don't use xivalexander, but thanks for typing out this raisinbrained post for me.

You swooped in here so fast to defend a tool you don't even use that I confused you for someone else. Apologies :downs:

^^ Can, uh, an illegal plugin be used to replace the Christian rock with something else? Such as the distorted (good) version when first entering the zone?

central dogma fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

admanb posted:

Calling that song "Christian Rock" really only makes sense if you spent way too much time forced to listen to Christian Rock and are traumatized by it.

It's just a fuckin' rock ballad.

I did attend Christian schools from elementary thru high school, so music remeniscent of this was played all the time. The library, school dances, birthday parties, etc. And I did have multiple 'not nice' experiences inappropriate for this or any thread. I know the song was written to inspire nostalgia, but it brings up the wrong kind for me.

And I adore all the other dozens of hours of music and own every available 14 album on vinyl. I have playlists for driving and at work and the music is so inspirational and touching to me that I can't listen to some of it without tears welling up. I love and adore it. It's just this one song (permanently on repeat forever in UT), and I should have never even made the original comment because now it's just a joke. I promise not to bring it up again if you all don't. Sorry for thread making GBS threads.

E/N