Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Endwungus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sorry yall I finished the msq on Monday but I'm still taking up precious server space cause I gotta blast all these gatherers and crafters to 90

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

Gonna need a video of *final cutscene spoilers* The fist fight with Zenos as a Lalafell.

do I have the timecode for you

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Verflare, Verholy, and Scorch all got turned into AoEs and got new effects to go with it

this is gonna sound weird, but I keep hearing the morph ball bomb laying sound from melee or brawl in Scorch's sound effects

is it just me?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I realized that there is in-game "proof" that the Warrior of Light is not a man. If the WoL - silent and stoic as they are known to be - was a man, then it does not make sense for Alphinaud to form a unique "big brother" relationship with Estinien. WoL as a sort of "big sister" figure to the twins just feels like it fits more.

sussy

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

By the way, if you're new to Extreme raiding or haven't done it much in the past there's no better time to do it than now. The accessory trial can be done by just following the group while you're learning the mechanics, and while the weapon trial is a little spicier it mainly revolves around pairs of mechanics that are a decent toe dip into what to expect from future extremes /doing old extremes synced. Not to mention the first extreme fights of an expansion are usually under tuned to account for players learning new rotations and job mechanics.

Give it a shot!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

several times now I've heard from people who encounter a 90 SMN for the first time in the final trial and wonder what mechanics the boss does that summons old primals

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I turn on all effects at the beginning of an expansion, but by the time alliance raids come out I'll turn down everyone outside my party.

/petsize all small can also help with hiding summoner primals

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Offkorn posted:

What? You absolutely should.

Mine is:

So the vast majority of the time I don't have to even bother targeting anyone.

your cohealer opts to use the exact same macro after 2+ people die. the person they raised first hasn't accepted their raise yet. you hit this macro.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

But I don't imagine they're doing anything difficult so whatever.

tru

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sage is;....... good

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this says a lot about our society

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Earlier this week I started blitzing Sage to 79 just because I was curious what their Mt. Gulg weapon looked like, and the most obvious solution was to just get sage to that point since I had almost all of the armor drops anyway and could guarantee the weapon in a couple runs (I kinda hated it when I did get it tbh). Since then I’ve ended up continuing to play sage. Up to 84 right now. It’s fun! I’m sure this is true for Scholar too, but I really like how fast shields can come out now. As I’ve gotten my feet wet with the job I’ve had a few instances where I had to clutch out some shields that I know for sure wouldn’t have caught the damage I was trying to mitigate in Shadowbringers, but now I put them up and a mere moment later the damage goes out and I see them wear off. It’s awesome.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

make or break for sage, personally, will be if the dragonsong war weapon is cool or not

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hogama posted:

The Moonward Milpreves amuse me because they're Amano beads.

we've found them. the phlegma balls.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I like to imagine the whm and blm staves are just pipes you ripped off of the wall since why does the the big boy garlean base have magic casting weapons anyway

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

just farmed out the 87 dungeon and I've fallen in love with the sage weapon that drops there

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I have Walked the End, and never have I seen a story that has so many good moments yet is so relentlessly determined to piss it away. What a loving mess of an expansion, and I can't believe this is the same team that did Shadowbringers.

cythrealposting

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

saved from castrum imo

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

krile getting saved from the Sidequest Zone after like three years is like the best part of endwalker

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Spudd posted:

Expansion was good but I didn't feel any romantic tension at all from any of the characters. Maybe I'm just a dude who's bad at subtlety?

they made the btn/min studium line for people like us

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I spent 45 mins in the 2nd trial helping a friend clear because the randos we got matched with just weren't picking up the mechanics, so there's deffo some harder skill checks being added to the game as times goes on. I do generally like that the game pushes you a bit as you move through the expansions, even if it leads to the rare "I keep explaining susano to these brand new healers but they're not getting it and we're two pulls away from timing out the instance" moments.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Clarste posted:

But... you can trial 2 with a Trust and just blindly follow your allies?

I say that to myself every time I get the fight in trials roulette with a first timer

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

both of them in general have really lax timings for mechanics, imo. especially fond of the spread mechanic in the first half of EX2 cause it comes out seconds after its paired mechanic that I've seen some cold blooded murders happen from people closing in before the whole mechanic resolved.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

What does the smirk come from? Cause if it's feeding into Zenos' bullshit that feels like The Wrong Choice.

factually incorrect post

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ironslave posted:

I am still furious we never got that as a mount.

my uncle works for square enix and he says it's coming with the next blue mage update

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my favorite moment was queuing into lota roulette and seeing someone spawn in naked and immediately reequip all their gear like, buddy you can do that as soon as you hit register

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

Just gonna laugh at people getting mad at me stripping to exclude nier cause those raids are boring as gently caress

L

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

tbh I don't care too much about efficiency, I just like doing msq and frontlines and watching Bar Go Up A Lot

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that's not a sign, that's a video

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

does the first heavensward monk quest still have the guy promise to tell you the uses of one-ilm punch before the plot gets in the way, or was that line changed when one-ilm punch was removed from the game

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you can back out of a world visit queue, you just can't leave the town you initiated it in

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I blitzed a set of trusts on Black Mage, spending my rested bonus on other jobs for roulette, and I found that with only the armory bonus running they ended up outpacing me slightly enough that I had to pop a few FATEs after the 85 and 87 dungeon.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I more interested in learning what cool things will come with the tribe quests. last expansion pixies got a little playground area, qitari got a cool totem pole tailored to your choices, and of course the dwarves got

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

granblue gamers will know, but all may appreciate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rifsa1Z2pI4

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I do wish over world mobs weren't aggressive, or at least some of them were. Blew my mind when you get to the cave in Raktika and encounter non aggressive bats for the first time in years. Maybe the elk or green bird doesn't need to lust for blood!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the deep forbidden knowledge of not immediately mashing need on a piece as it comes up

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

book glamours have peaked

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Then just pass on the things you don’t want and then need the things you do without waiting. The competition reduction thing is such a strange solution to a really simple situation. Especially because some people use the exact same logic to just wait out timers to guarantee they get what they want.

really twisting yourself up to get mad about this, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

phoinix runs are kinda hateful though. seen a lot more wipes in that one than the others combined.