Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally no more threads that freeze my phone browser.

Also, hot take: FFXIV is good and Endwalker is a good expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's also the detail that Meteion's own reason for doing that task beyond "orders" was to make Hermes feel better. And all she got back was "Life is horrible and we wish we were dead" and Hermes pushed her to tell him that. No wonder the Meteia had a collective breakdown.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

To all the people clamoring EW should have been 2 expansions: Do you really want an expansion of nothing but Fandaniel and Zenos? Even the people who liked them found their appearances in the 5.X patches boring, streching Garlemald to an entire expansion would mean 10 entire levels of that poo poo. IMO Fandaniel and Zenos only worked because their importance to the plot ended early, with Fandaniel getting an extra development through Hermes.

The next problem is the areas. We'd need double for 2 expansions. The Garlemald one would have Thavnair, the moon as the final zone and then what? 4 Garlemald zones? Which would all have prob the same plot or be filler as in, liberating them and that's all? Do you guys want a repeat of Ala Mhigo but Worse? The second expansion wouldn't be so bad since they'd have Labyrinthos/Elpis/Ultima Thule, but I can't think of more zones to fit.

And finally, there's the time lapse cause people forget we get an expansion every 2-3 years. Lv 85 already dragged long enough, now imagine 5 patches of the Final Days, all just misery and such. And what could you do in them besides "Thavnair but worse"? Cause solving the Final Days in 6.X patches would suck and waste all the non-Garlemald zones. Also killing characters just to raise the stakes is bad even if the character had more development than Moenbryda.

The only thing I agree is that the Apocalypse weather should have spread to more zones beyond Thavnair and Garlemald. The scene where Krile sees an echo of the red skye should have just been... the sky turning red on Sharlayan. Not sure why they didn't do that, if people complain about not having weather for hunts/fishing just, finish the MSQ.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, and also like, we have the 6.X patches, which despite the developers saying the plot finished on 6.0, can be used to develop Thavnair/Garlemald/the Moon a bit more.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Actually all summons should be 1:1 with the primal. They should also add Susanoo and Lakshmi, except they are they big sized forms. Nobody deserves to see mechanics.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just a warning for people on the midst of Relic Weapon Quests: you may have to reallocate points to advance since they squished stats. Thankfully the anima one was free, not sure when it changed or if it's a one time only, having to farm more sand would have killed me.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, finally got a Chi kill after camping all evening. Only one more for the count! (Also lol, the server couldn't handle so many situational attacks cause actions were lagging like crazy).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

In my case I'm pretty much just staying there while doing other stuff. That said the random spawn timers are a bit dumb even if it's so people don't keep killing the boss at ungodly hourse, Instance 1 on Moogle respawned way faster than Instance 3 so a lot of people missed it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ugh, I wanted to finish the "gather 30 each of 6 items" step of the relic before going into Dalriada to finish Bozja but I'm not sure my mind can handle it. Nowadays everyone on Zadnor just spams fates on zone 3 so that step is already done, but nobody bother killing much of the mobs to spawn CE and obviously nobody spawns anything on zones 1 and 2 so my only option is to run Eden and Alexander around 15 times and Deltascape around 30. Why didn't they remove the Sync requirement with Endwalker :negative:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

drat, the crafted Gathering/Crafting sets feel really cheap for me? Just got Miner to 90 and went to check out and the whole set, accs included was under a million. Was expecting it to be like 10 times that, but even the crafting set feels cheap.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

queeb posted:

they were expensive 2 weeks ago, but holy moly there's a LOT more crafters nowadays it seems, everyones an omnicrafter now.

Honestly? Checks out, I leveled miner from 81 to 90 in a day with only 6 leves. Between that and Ishgard Restoration for faster lower-level levelling getting crafters and gatherers at 90 is easy. Although it's probably slower once you finish all Studium quests since they're a good chunk of EXP.

Also holy moly the MIN/BTN Studium capstone. Hinageshi totally planned everything out to bait him into proposing, I know it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, up until now I never had much problem with the queue times since I could just go do something else while keeping an eye, but getting kicked out of Castrum because wifi turned off (or my sister turned it off, still up to debate) and it was long enough to get a 90002 error and now the queue is 1000 so I have to do MSQ roulette again sucks balls.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Vitamean posted:

saved from castrum imo

I don't actually mind MSQ roulette, it's good EXP! I wanted that half-a-level so I can get RPR to 80 faster and start doing sidequests!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I actually found Trial 2 pretty easy, even on its EX version. Now, trial 1 and specially THAT attack, on the other hand...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm starting to think Cythereal would have been geniuenly happy with 1.0. Couldn't you play the MSQ as a Crafter/Gatherer back then?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Is there any hood similar to the Cryptlurker Maiming one? Cause drat it looks good for a RPR glamour but I don't like the mask hiding the face.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...huh, just realized, Pandemonium gear should be 580 ilevel, right? Doesn't that mean it's better to focus on left side since you can farm 580 accs on EX trial?

(I mean, there's probably some that have better substats than EX and ultimately it doesn't matter for casual play, but just wondering in order to max my ilevel for future gatekeeping)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

iPodschun posted:

Patch 6.05 on January 4 will also have a new crafted set of combat gear that will also be ilvl 580 along with new gear from the limited tomestones that will be 590, 600 after upgrade, and savage drops will be 600 + 605 weapon from P4S.

Yeah, I know, I just forgot the first raid had that dichtonomy with the accs, and I have a tendency to still try to get the locked gear in the best order. Wonder if the weekly tomestone gear best order will change...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

People have been saying raids got harder after the squish but they feel the same to me? Prob it's just people AFKing more than usual. Like Syrcus still dies at the same pace.

Anyways my policy for roulette is I'll leave if I get the same raid in a row 3 times when I have more available or I get a raid not on Khloe and I really want that checkmark.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mordiceius posted:

I hate PVP in MMOs. I find small-group PVP incredibly frustrating. Large-group PVP turns me into a rage beast.

Could I queue for PVP roulette and just do absolutely nothing and still get the rewards? Sure. But I hate PVP, so you know what I do? I never queue at all.

Just because there are a ton of different roulettes available doesn't mean you have to do them or or that you deserve to the rewards of them all.

Do the content you enjoy. Don't do the content you hate.

I'd argue that doing nothing on Frontline is a plain gain over playing badly since you don't feed. I don't like ot much either but it's MSQRR EXP for 15-20 min so I find it worth the mild boringness.

Also MSQ roulette is tje best because you can just watch videos/play switch between burning bosses so it's even less effort than 24 man.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

quote:

Trial roulettes, on average, provide 2.32% of your EXP bar per minute.
Leveling roulettes, on average, provide 2.2% of your EXP bar per minute.
Main Story roulettes, on average, provide 1.32% of your EXP bar per minute.
Alliance Raid roulettes, on average, provide 1.25% of your EXP bar per minute.
Normal Raid roulettes, on average, provide 1.02% of your EXP bar per minute.
50/60/70 Dungeon roulettes, on average, provide 0.87% of your EXP bar per minute.

Finally proof of the superiority of Trial Roulette :smuggo:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

On the topi of worst roulettes:

Expert: Not really one. Usually Expert is less guilty of having horrible dungeons or being boring (since you get to play on max level) and more guilty of having to do it anywhere between 3-5 times a week to cap so it can get repetitive real fast.

Leveling: All dungeons up to Toto-Rak count, can't decide which is worst, but Tam-Tara has an edge for me because its corridors are long and you have to follow the tank for ages when they wall pull despite no one having AOE.

Numbers: Too many dungeons to tell. I guess Neverreap? Or hell, Matoya's Relict, cool design but meh to play.

Trials: Steps and the later trials mostly. Thankfully 90% of the time it's Ifrit/Titan Hard and I can sleep.

Alliance Raid: Copied Factory cause the HP is too big, Labirinth for being old and boring and not fun fast like Syrcus and... well, any raid where people just sleep.

Normal Raid: Agree on A2 as some said. Also Chadarnook for IDK the reason, I just don't like it.

MSQ: Castrum because people forgot the fast strat against Livia (wait till all canons are ready to fire so you get all add waves at once and don't get the adds attacking the hands constantly making this poo poo last longer goddamnit)

Guildhest: The bomb one for being longer due to needing to wait for all adds to explode.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thundarr posted:

Only 500 astronomy tomes to buy a weapon, unlike the 1000 limited tomes it's been since ARR? That's kind of nice.

That's nice since it frees like 1 extra piece of gear on the road to the 7th week. Is that the only lowered cost? Can't check until Sunday at the earliest.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Onean posted:

It's all that's mentioned in the patch notes. It's also something they announced a while back in one of the PLLs, also by itself, so I'd assume it's the only change.

Well, still a nice change. May motivate me to speed farm Pandemoniun/Tomestones on Sunday before reset which is gonna be hell :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Took me all free time on the day but I managed to do the weekly book, Pandemonium and tomestone cap today so I'm not falling behind just yet!

Besides messing up and buying a Pan acc that I already got at EX1 trial :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh, I ended up buying some crafted gear to pump my SMN a little bit as an alternative to prog P1S when I can't find a spot as a tank and I think I'm actually doing good? Yeah, SMN right now is braindead but I find it fun to try and plan out the phases, and it's a great fit for my scatterbrain since I can just adjust on the fly which primal I'll summon next.

Heck, I'm actually parsing quite high in the practice runs I have. Of course I don't know if I'm playing SMN well or I've been getting terrible teammates cause only RPRs have been outDPSing me and that feels wrong since SMN lost a ton of damage in the rework...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Fiye posted:

DRG feels awful and the 90 capstone being a button you press after two combos just feels weak. Nothing like Stardiver where you were trying to optimize fitting it into your buffs.

SMN is pretty easy. You run one of two openers depending on how many 30s buffs you have and when you re-opener under pots you wanna make sure your Garuda aoe is snapshotted under the pot. Otherwise its press your legos and put Ifrit wherever there's downtime.

At least thats what I've done and it works. I'm ahead of my BRD's DPS and both melees consistently out perform me.

Is there anywhere I can get resources on SMN that's not locked behind a Discord (the greatest sin of this lustrum)? I've tried looking at there's not much to see, and I'd like to see it cause my mayor problem I have is Searimg Light always coming off CD after Bahamut is up, even if I delay Bahamut a bit at the start.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thanks to the advice guys! Although to point it out, Akhmorning and the balance websites haven't updated yet for EW beyond maybe a rotation outline, that's why I was asking :v: Glad to see I was mostly right about what I was doing.

I might try to keep progging as SMN, mostly because tank on P1S PF feels like a mess because the strat is to voke at Pitless and then the original MT inmediately vokes back instead of just, tank swapping and it leads to needing to stance dance a lot because Shirk isn't up for every pitless that way.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally downed P1S :yotj: it took me around a week on PF but I managed to find the one group where we did good enough DPS (most other groups enraged at 5-10%, this one downed it even with a half-wipe-into-healer-lb3 during pizza chains). First time I clear Savage content when relevant!

Now to P2S which is gonna be worse, of course...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The funny part with P1S is that chains and intemp are such a prog stopper that even groups that do them perfectly still gently caress up in second pizza from the obvious result of not getting enough practice at it :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm just before Dalriada but I don't plan to do it until I finish the 180 mat relic step and hahahaha no i'm not doing Halicarnassus 27 times thanks (because Z1 can be a bit alive but Z2 was completely dead everytime I went)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

If Reaper didn't have to pay attention to his debuff it would honestly be totally braindead to play. That said I think adding a trait to the main combo that increases the timer by like 10 seconds on hit would be a nice QOL without completely making it irrelevant.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just tried out P2S for the first time and... yeah, I can see why some people say it's less of a hassle than P1S? Boss hits like a truck and obv has wipeout mechanics but the first parts of the fight are much less of a "ubnderstand where you have to go NOW" than P1S. We got to NotLimit Cut on the second pull.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BLM is probably far ways for me cause it's low 50s and I have priority on MCH to finish all role quests, WAR so I can join more PFs and then prob start levelling everything equally to get rid of low level gear.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ugh, managed to get to enrage multiple times on P2S, but of course the curse kicks in and suddenly the group keeps wiping at Limit Cut and we disband. Not getting a clear this week it seems.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, the Blade combo always felt weirdly weak despite being the capstone. Let's see now how I go.

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh thank god according to balance number crunchers the cursed -18s FoF opener wont become standard even with the magic combo buffs.

Hello, please get your cursed BLMesque openers outta my main, thanks.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zeruel posted:

oh i was very worried that the https://arrstatus.com/ site was saying Materia was 260 latency, but cmd pinging it gives me 15.
:namazu:

Pretty sure the latencies there are from NA and not your location, given NA are the lowest ones. You check using their Ips since they're the correct ones.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's also the fact those numbers are implying optimal play. As a SMN I've been outDPSing bad BLM, everyone whom I parsed with. Ultimately just play your job well and hit GDCs and you'll be fine with everything but Savage.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally, the drat P2S kill. After multiple enrages cause a healer kept dying at the last eruptions which lead to bad things on the stacks. Probably won't get P3S this week though, gonna be a busy weekend. At least I got a acc enhancer, woohoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Clarste posted:

Looking it up, Paladin is the only tank that doesn't have a small heal attached to their basic combo.

Yeah, cause it's attached to their spells, although only in the late 80s.