Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

Now that there is an endwalker thread, we can rename the shadowbringers thread to "remember that we once posted"

Yes please!

Almost my time up the queue. I'm at level 87 MSQ and 90 is creeping up on me somethin' fierce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ha ha ha just unlocked the lvl87 dungeon, kicked out of game. 4,000 queue hah Ha

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

People on Twitter talking about Fort Nite kids being salty as gently caress about ffxiv winning 'Best Ongoing Game', and are saying ffxiv is a flop because of twitch numbers. Wish I had a salty tweet to show but there's your lol for the day

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I can't think of any complaints with EW blm. Just by virtue of making Enochian a trait allows just a little bit more concentration elsewhere, and two triple flaires makes mobility so much better too!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Day number 6 in a row where I get disconnected between 4 and 7, effectively ending my night. Very cool this happens every single day. :thumbsup: It's cool how there's nothing I can do about this

Those rascally packets

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

homeless snail posted:

Yes. But there's also, the tragic real life circumstances that resulted in her being less in the story, in general.

Wasn't that pre-stormblood?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Just finished the lvl 89 dungeon myself gently caress me. Short of manifesting directly that was a good way to go about that. He made us strong :unsmith: She saved us again :unsmith:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I didn't realize how much the trust dialogue could differ. Lvl 89 dungeon story spoilers

like if you take Y'shtola and Thancred, they comfort Papalymo, telling him Lyse is ok. If you don't take Y'shtola Thancred just gives him a goodbye.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Holy poo poo, the concept art for the final zone if you use that one plugin.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Larryzaur/status/1470409631159795713?t=edXnxBAIdFZZ2MgQH65lTA&s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've got the final trial waiting on me whenever I log in today...I dont want it to be over :negative:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

multijoe posted:

I don't get why this keeps happening, its a fun anime adventure game stop dragging your personal hangups into it!!

No no, head pats are abuse.

The thing is it's really obvious when someone has a personal hangup about something and is just going ON, but people are (in most cases rightfully) too polite to say something.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The blm 90 AF has really grown on me. I do miss the casting sets like yafaemi or the WoD set. 70 AF was also really cool. Guess I like big witchy hats

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

is the last part of the launch trailer music (the choral 'wings of hope' part of footfalls) somewhere? The last trial is all I have left and I haven't heard it yet.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kazy posted:

Final MSQ The answer is Yes.

Yay!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kazy posted:

Final MSQ The answer is Yes.

Followup, is it after the credits or did I miss it in the trial? I just heard the normal version in the trail and against Him.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Harrow posted:

I think I know which music from the launch trailer you're talking about. It's part of the Zodiark trial music. You can hear it at this timestamp: [url]https:// youtu.be /WPNfj4m2OPc?t=114[/url]

Thank you Harrow! This was exactly it!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 15, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Harrow posted:

Is the thumbnail showing up for you? I intentionally did it as just a URL under spoiler tags to avoid that and it doesn't embed for me when I do that. If it embedded for you I'm really sorry about that, I apparently don't know how to avoid that.

It's not for me but I'm on the android app. I'll edit and break the link in my quote.

I'm so sorry that happened!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Aww I just talked to Cocobuki, the blm guildmaster after I finished the msq. I guess it's because I've been a blm every expac but I thought what he says is really cool. I gotta go to the other guild masters now!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Valentin posted:

i finished 6.0 and i have the following to report:

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I finished last night, :same:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Clarste posted:

They took the dots off of summoner to give them to time mage, and it'll be all about fast forwarding and rewinding your dots.

Love this, will be very disappointed when this isn't it.

E: Also yes on a nature caster. Eriether one would be legit

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 17, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Would Beastmaster be melee or ranged?

Yes

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nephrite posted:

Does anyone know if the instrumental version of the Endwalker theme (the upbeat one that plays when you summon your two best friends in Zone 6 and they tell the embodiment of despair to gently caress off) has a name?

Or a file name to look for with ffxiv explorer, that'd be legit

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nephrite posted:

It is apparently BGM_EX4_Event_06. :)

The first Zone 6 song is BGM_EX4_Field_Ult_Day01 if you want that too.

Thank yooooouu!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hahaha what the Saint says in the starlight event about belts.

the fabled things that, when tried to recall, are only a silhouette as if they were before a bright glare. Belts got memory holed.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I want to go the the new world and it would be awesome to see Native American cultural imagery in more things.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Pwnstar posted:

Beastmaster questline where the trainer is just straight up Steve Irwin, leaping onto the backs of Behemoths and Dragons just for the fun of it.

We're not worthy

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

pissinthewind posted:

I decided to roll a new character with the intent of going black mage, is it fun? Thaumaturge is kind of boring so far, but I don't have many buttons to press yet.

Blm changes about three times over the levels. 1-50 is basically fire proc mage, and while I love it it is a simple rotation. After you get fire 4 and the enochian trait you have more to do, but the basic premise of 'dot, fire phase, ice' only really changes to 'dot, ice phase, fire phase', just with more buttons.

E: lvl 90 BLM is better than it ever has been, and blm has never been bad. You poo poo out explosions and it is a very fun time.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Control Volume posted:

12-polygon grapes were one of the highlights of the expansion and theyve ruined it for all future players.....

Least we can say we were there. We bore witness to the grapes eternal glory.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I was reflecting on Endwalker, as one is want to do, and I caught myself thinking I really miss job quests.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

It'd be a total mess without jobs built with it in mind. Or you just get people cycling jobs to pop particular cooldowns.

https://twitter.com/Pwisterr/status/1470617298184585220?s=20

(can't remember if I originally saw this in this thread)

I saw that on Twitter! I was hoping it'd get posted. If anyone's a Sonic Adventure fan they should absolutely listen with the sound on

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

aers posted:

If you're the one dropping the price by tens of thousands then from my pov you're the one throwing away tons of gil and ill undercut you by 1 gil out of spite

adhuin posted:

Solution is to crash the prices to make them pay.

Spite really is the secret ingredient to the ffxiv economy, and I wouldn't have it any other way

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

cool, here come the sex weirdos

poo poo I missed this, lol

E:https://twitter.com/dendrocluster/status/1474178310897025028?t=I4ZYOmqwmYIjU9leIYLFmA&s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

Erenville is 100% husbando.

Aymeric will always be husbando for forever!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

That wall of your personal problem is grating to scroll past btw

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've said something similar before, but G'raha is a great character...if you really like him. Towards the end of EW he's really cloying and pushy to me, but I've never been huge g'raha fan.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I think G'rahas problem isn't that he's a cat boy, but hundreds of years of hero worship. It's impossible for him to reign that poo poo in a little.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I dont remember if this was posted, but Soken tweeted a wonderful bit of trivia yesterday about Flow. The first tweet has a spoilery pic, but the gist of the first is the song was recorded once fine and then (She being Amanda Achen)

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1474825764235522048?t=a1mHfK3bZ3H1pncyC4GOSQ&s=19

I would love if someone did an interview with her

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

MillennialVulcan posted:

Tank Role 88 Does this poor "Keeper of the Entwined Serpents" get a real name cause he has a pretty good story for a minor character, an Imperial saved at Carteneau by Kan-E-Senna herself who became her bodyguard. I wanna hang with him.

He had a 'tales of' story about him I think. I don't know if he was named there or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Clarste posted:

It's been a long time since I did it, but I believe there was some stuff about how this was dangerous and potentially harmful to your body. Which is why it hurt you.

Blm 52-59 quest spoilers

if you don't have the job stone you eat through your own aether, cooking yourself from the inside.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 30, 2021