Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Problem description: Audio has been a nightmare on this Dell Precision 7560 laptop since I got it. If I plug my headphones into the audio jack, it will randomly adjust the volume, play random YouTube videos in random tabs, fail to work, or fail to send my microphone data. An absolute mess. The headphones themselves work fine on any other device. I eventually gave up and started using a USB headset. Then I decided I wanted to use the laptop for streaming. Except it refuses to consistently take in the audio from the USB capture card. Sometimes it works just fine, especially when capturing the Switch, but it seems to especially hate the data from the PS3. It'll work or not on a whim despite not changing the settings. It will occasionally interpret the data as "unpause a video!" and then it usually stops taking in audio after that. I've had it flip out once when I changed the volume.

Attempted fixes: I've tried installing the drivers so many times. Rolling back. Rolling forward. Going to Dell's website. Windows' website. Shady websites. Restarting.

Recent changes: It's a new laptop. I got it from work, and they set some stuff up, but from Googleing around, apparently this is a known issue with Dell Precision laptops or Realtek or something.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise

System specs: Dell Precision 7560

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Edit: Well, I haven't fixed all driver problems. But I did at least fix the issue with capturing the PS3. You can change the audio output type in a menu on the PS3. There's some issue with the encoding.
I still don't know what to do about the other issues. I guess just stick to USB headphones until I get a better laptop. :shrug:

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU