Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Time_pants posted:

Do you guys think that Amazon is really just an elaborate way for Bezos to indulge his snuff fetish?

It's a feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Blooster posted:

Sure major cities are racist. But the people voting in those states aren't biting their nose offs to spite their faces.

2016 presidential election results in KY:

And of course I don't think innocent people should die because of how their moron neighbors vote. I'm just being an rear end in a top hat.

KY definitely deserves their poo poo jobs, poo poo wages, poo poo doctors, and poo poo teen pregnancy rate though. You'd just think they'd learn eventually. "We're gonna vote Mitch McConnell in again for the 30th time....this time he'll make things better I am sure of it!!

Source: born and lived in Kentucky until mid-30s.

"He is able to put Kentucky on a national platform."

"He holds a powerful position that he can use to help Kentuckians."

spoiler: he has done neither of those.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Blooster posted:

And of course I don't think innocent people should die because of how their moron neighbors vote. I'm just being an rear end in a top hat.

KY definitely deserves their poo poo jobs, poo poo wages, poo poo doctors, and poo poo teen pregnancy rate though. You'd just think they'd learn eventually. "We're gonna vote Mitch McConnell in again for the 30th time....this time he'll make things better I am sure of it!!

They had to elect McConnell again. Someone was making fun of them again and making them feel bad.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yo that ben shapiro av dude is really horny at the though of ppl dyin. kinda weird he keeps salivating over stuff like this lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ProperCoochie posted:

Wtf I do remember this and I haven't thought about it in 20+ years.

Remember how he had a catchphrase in the mid to late 90s that was "Something from the meat case, Linda?" Which was some random thing he overheard on vacation and fell in love with?

Weirdly, yeah. He loved out of context poo poo, which explains part of his love for Norm.

There's a little more to the gazebo story. One is still intact, I think "restored" because they let them go to poo poo for years, the other suffered damage during a storm, was torn down, and Dave was given a rocking chair made from the remnants years later.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tornado-victims-include-members-kentucky-family-81815910

quote:

Jacob and Emma Gingerich lived with their five children in a trailer near Mayfield, Kentucky, that had no electricity or running water in accordance with their Amish tenets, The Washington Post reported. The trailer was ripped apart by a tornado that killed the couple, who were both 31, and two of their children, 7-year-old Marilyn and 4-year-old Daniel.

quote:

Huda Alubahi grabbed her two young sons and sheltered in a closet as the tornado bore down on their home in Mayfield, Kentucky.

Shortly after closing the closet door, the house collapsed around them, she told CBS news in an interview. Alubahi was smashed in the face with a sink, unable to move her head and trapped by the debris, she said.

Her 1-year-old son began to cry, but she heard nothing from her 3-year-old son, Jhal’lil. It took several people to pull the mother and children from the rubble, and it was only when she was in the hospital that Alubahi learned Jhal’lil had died in her arms.

quote:

Timothy Venetta remembers 13-year-old Nyssa Brown as a little girl who used to ride her four-wheeler through his backyard. Authorities on Thursday found the Kentucky teenager's body in a wooded area near her subdivision. She was the seventh member of her family to die in the tornado that hit Bowling Green last week.

quote:

Douglas Koon, his wife, Jackie, and their three children huddled in his mother-in-law’s bathroom in Dawson Springs, Kentucky, as the storms approached. The tornado hit the house directly, flinging the family around and tossing in the air a bathtub that was shielding two of his sons. The couple put their infant daughter, Oaklynn, in a car seat to protect her, and she appeared to be OK on Saturday.

But by Sunday, the baby was having seizures, and doctors noticed a brain bleed after she was taken to the hospital. They believed she had a stroke, Koon said in a Facebook post.

Early Monday morning, the family posted that the infant had died.

quote:

Annistyn Rackley was an outgoing and energetic 9-year-old who loved swimming, dancing and cheerleading, according to her great-aunt Sandra Hooker.

The two had become close over the past four years: Hooker offered the girl support during doctor’s visits and blood draws required by a rare liver condition that still didn’t keep the southeastern Missouri girl from participating in activities.

Annistyn, her parents and her two younger sisters took shelter Friday night in a windowless bathroom in their new home west of Caruthersville, Missouri. To prove they’d gotten to the family’s “safe space,” the girls’ mom texted Hooker a photo of the three in and next to the bathtub — all of them smiling, 9-year-old Annistyn holding her favorite doll.

Fifteen minutes later, Sandra Hooker said, a tornado splintered the home, carrying the family members dozens of yards through the air into a field where first responders found them in mud. Annistyn died, and the others were injured.

Wow, all these people deserved to die for living in a red state, boy howdy. Best cull those kids before they become voters, yup, yup.

If you don't feel just a little bad for these people after doing the most basic gesture of humanizing them, learning their names, then I honestly hope you can find a good therapist because no one deserves to suffer that degree of emotional muteness.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Sorry to butt in here but I do have a hot take on the Goonscape' perception of republicans. I think goons give far too much credit to voting Republican. I've spent a significant amount of time and mostly energy trying to understand the people I live near, work with, meet at the grocery store, etc. I moved to central Ohio five or six years ago, from the rural southern penis of Maryland where I was raised. One of the first things I noticed about my peers is that you really had to dig to get them to show their true racism, if there is any. Back in Maryland, the vast majority of my peers were so outward with their racism, the n bomb, and their programmed ideologies. Here in Ohio, I've met tons of folks that, whether they like it or not, their viewpoints sit very near center. It was weird for me to talk to someone who is ADAMANT about the 2nd amendment, but couldn't give a poo poo less if two dudes marry or a woman wants an abortion. I've met actually really great people, with different viewpoints, but a commonality in this skepticism that Ohioans seem to have for the status quo. So, instead of being a passenger, I decided to take the wheel a bit.

I am very close with my neighbor across the street. He's under 30, rides a Harley, works for local city maintenance. He and his huge number of biker dudes and buddies very much adore Trump. I made it my personal challenge to both maintain a healthy relationship with my neighbor(I feel it is highly important to have people around willing to help out in times of need, despite everything. A neighbor code if you wheel), but also challenge their thought process on their newfound idol. This obviously earned me some ribbing, but I kept it respectful, and so did they. Keep in mind, I'm at a biker hangout, with vast amounts of beer and other things. I just wanted to understand. What is it about this dude? He doesn't represent the working class, he's an awful business man, and quite frankly, seems kind of dumb. What I learned is that, not one of these fools had a good answer for me. The best thing they could come up with, and personally I think it's an argument that holds its own, is that he wasn't Hillary, and he wasn't Joe Biden. I personally felt guilted by my very liberal family into voting Hillary, a vote I still regret. Not because I should have voted Trump, but because I didn't vote with my heart. For the record, Goldman Sachs was one of Hillary's biggest campaign contributors, owner of the for profit college I'm still paying for, for a nonsense degree. My neighbors, my Trump loving neighbors and friends didn't go through that. They don't have that personal experience to influence their vote.

I gotta wrap this up. What I really want to say here is this: these people that show up to shout a coded message to the president(lol though they don't have the balls to outright say "gently caress Joe Biden") only see this as an opportunity to get their feelings out there. It's misdirected hostility, obviously, and a glimmer of dying hope for change. But you gotta admire the persistence. Do these Kentuckians see their misguided efforts shouting at the geriatric president instead of helping out their neighbors and community? Absolutely not. But will they look back with some amount of shame? Absolutely. I'm hijacking this thread to spread this message. Treat your neighbors with compassion, discuss boundaries, keep an eye out. I've noticed a particularly unsettling trend in GBS that seems to promote the divide between us, but it's not the SA that I know. SA was always questioning everything and investigating. The people shouting at the president while their entire lives lay in ruin behind them just want something different. Put everything they say or do aside, they're the same as you, you just happen to be more enlightened. Take your enlightenment and share it with people, like your neighbors, or your poo poo family in Indiana, and ask more questions. This idea that we are a divided country of people with completely different ideologies on the verge of civil war is a farce. I just want SA to go back to questioning everything, and continue being my community of independent thinking idiots instead of the left version of maga chuds.

Full disclosure: I would normally, definitely delete this reply, but I'm tipsy enough to post it, and accept all repercussions for posting it. not even sure it applies at this point, and maybe I'm just venting to the void. Have at me goons. Hopefully this mass of words finds relevance.

TL;DR: people are dumb intrinsically, but dumb does not equal evil.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dumb people play into the hands of evil all the time. The cure is a solid education, but like leading a horse to water, you can't make them read a book.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

interwhat posted:

But you gotta admire the persistence.

Not really.

Also yes Hanlons Razor applies in most cases.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

interwhat posted:

TL;DR: people are dumb intrinsically, but dumb does not equal evil.

I agree they're not evil. They're just animals following their natural instincts but unfortunately, those natural instincts are telling them to murder anyone who's not a white hetero male death cultist like them, so they're still a threat to the rest of the world either way.

Edit: Not saying I'm happy random people died, just saying that a dumb person can still be a danger to others if they're predisposed to xenophobic behavior.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 18, 2021

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I absolutely think anyone happy about random people dying in a tornado is a monster, to be clear. Or at least playing one on the forums.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Your posting gimmick is hilarious :allears:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Your posting gimmick is hilarious :allears:

The right is constantly screeching about how society should reflect :biotruths:, so I'm just throwing it back at them.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 18, 2021

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

The right is constantly screeching about how society should reflect :biotruths:, so I'm just throwing it back at them.

no, you aren't throwing it back at "the right". this isn't a republican think tank, it's gbs. most people who post here are probably pretty far to the left of the average kentucky resident, and i doubt most people posting in this thread voted for trump or any other republicans. "the right" isn't even seeing whatever you say about them. all you are doing is showing your rear end.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Xenocides posted:

They had to elect McConnell again. Someone was making fun of them again and making them feel bad.

I was waiting for someone to say it. In all seriousness, thank you.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Earwicker posted:

all you are doing is showing your rear end.

Clearly this "gimmick" isn't working then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

216A
May 27, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Blooster posted:

Sure major cities are racist. But the people voting in those states aren't biting their nose offs to spite their faces.

2016 presidential election results in KY:

"Let me tell you about the last 50 years of KY politics" is proven wrong, reverts to 2016 presidential election. KY has traditionally been in the hands of the Democratic party, which has been in the hands of the most regressive and exploitative industries in the state.