Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's the literal end of an era as Ring of Honor puts on its final show for the foreseeable future.

For as much as we goof on ROH and "buzz" on this forum, it mostly comes from a place of genuine love for what ROH used to be and what they represented. It's not a stretch to claim that they're the most important American promotion of the 21st Century. Nearly all of your favorite wrestlers today passed through ROH at some point, and their influence and impact on the scene is immeasurable. Hopefully they go out on a high note with what looks like a really fun card.

The main event got changed last-minute when Bandido got COVID, so they put in a favor to Tony Khan and Jay lethal took his place. I know nobody wants to like Lethal but he was essentially the face of ROH for a long time and it makes sense to have him on this show. Hopefully some other OGs show up, even if they're not wrestling. The 10-man tag on the pre-show has no announced teams so that makes it fun to speculate about things.

Time: 8 p.m. ET, free pre-show at 7 p.m.

How to watch: PPV, Fite TV, Honor Club; pre-show on YouTube and Facebook

The Card

Jonathan Gresham vs. Jay Lethal
ROH World Tag Team Titles: The OGK(c) vs. The Briscoes
ROH Women's World Title: Rok-C(c) vs. Willow Nightingale
ROH World TV Title: Dalton Castle(c) vs. Rhett Titus vs. Joe Hendry vs. Silas Young
ROH Pure Title: Josh Woods(cs) vs. Brian Johnson
Fight Without Honor: Kenny King vs. Shane Taylor
Brody King, Homicide, & Tony Deppen vs. Tracy Williams, Eli Isom, & Taylor Rust
Dragon Lee vs. Rey Horus

Pre-show matches
ROH World Six-Man Tag Titles: Shane Taylor Promotions(c) vs. The Righteous
Chelsea Green, Allisyn Kay & Marti Belle vs. The Allure & Miranda Alize
10-man wildcard tag (teams TBD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Era of Honor Ends

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/YerBoyPDK/status/1469811063311015938

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I can't cast Honor Club to my fire TV? Does it work through Playstation?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That merch tweet is wild

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1469817604965548032

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dutch rules. Free Preshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF4Yf34TO2Q

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I forgot the Allure was still a thing before writing up the OP

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rip in piss to the red fed

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cant belive its the last roh show, so many memories :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mandy Leon was easily the worst wrestler in that match so naturally she gets the pin

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cheeseburger !

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I'm bummed Sumie didn't make it onto the show. She's been there forever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

what the gently caress is this commentary

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Benne posted:

Mandy Leon was easily the worst wrestler in that match so naturally she gets the pin

I missed it because I was confused at the time the show was starting…thankfully

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also I paid $25 for the PPV because I was worried I would forget to cancel over the next two months.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

what the gently caress is this commentary

The mod has asked us not to talk about him anymore.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Rick posted:

Also I paid $25 for the PPV because I was worried I would forget to cancel over the next two months.

I might honestly cancel tonight since it's streaming so poorly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I still remember ordering ROH DVDs and excitedly waiting for them to arrive, jamming them into my computer and having my ears bleed from the peaked mic on the opening theme song before watching some of the best wrestling, characters and angles going on in the mid-2000s.

The long slow decline from the disastrous iPPV feeds through to this ignominous ending is sad, maybe their reboot will work but man I miss those heady days of Nigel McGuinness being the legitimate best wrestler in the world, Claudio Castagnoli and that clamdigger Bryan Danielson close behind, the amazing tag division: Briscoes, Age of the Fall, American Wolves and of course Steenerico etc. Weird rear end stables lead by the likes of Julius Smokes and Sweet 'n' Sour Larry Sweeney. Chris Hero's goofy rear end. The Kevin Steen and El Generico wars. Bobby Dempsey's struggle to become a wrestler. Sara Del Ray being one of the biggest badasses on the planet. Goddamn, what a ride it was. Even Austin Aries was good there for a little while!

TheJunkyardGod posted:

it's streaming so poorly.

Ahhh, I see not much has changed :sigh:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Man I still remember ordering ROH DVDs and excitedly waiting for them to arrive, jamming them into my computer and having my ears bleed from the peaked mic on the opening theme song before watching some of the best wrestling, characters and angles going on in the mid-2000s.

The long slow decline from the disastrous iPPV feeds through to this ignominous ending is sad, maybe their reboot will work but man I miss those heady days of Nigel McGuinness being the legitimate best wrestler in the world, Claudio Castagnoli and that clamdigger Bryan Danielson close behind, the amazing tag division: Briscoes, Age of the Fall, American Wolves and of course Steenerico etc. Weird rear end stables lead by the likes of Julius Smokes and Sweet 'n' Sour Larry Sweeney. Chris Hero's goofy rear end. The Kevin Steen and El Generico wars. Bobby Dempsey's struggle to become a wrestler. Sara Del Ray being one of the biggest badasses on the planet. Goddamn, what a ride it was. Even Austin Aries was good there for a little while!

Ahhh, I see not much has changed :sigh:

I remember the horrible disaster of one iPPV (I think the one with Elgin/Richards that put Elgin on the map oh man in hindsight what a cursed event) not working, followed by ROH insisting that next time will be better, and you (or was it Hulkamatt?) being the only goon actually able to see it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't recall ever being the only one able to see an iPPV (it's possible, the awfulness of the iPPVs was a common enough problem they blend together in my head) so maybe it was Hulkamatt?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao no audio

e: there it goes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't believe it's really the end now :smith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I have dipped in to ROH very rarely over the years so I don’t have the deep history that most here do. But I have enjoyed the hell out of it for the past year, even as American wrestling gets less and less interesting to me. So I will miss it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That is a depressing amount of empty seats

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I think I’ve told this story but cramming into the back of some dude’s van with six other wrestling freaks to go down to Philly to see Unscripted was amazing. The show had all these indie famous people on it — I mean, Mike Modest! And Japanese stars like Dick Togo! And then Paul London totally stole the show against Michael Shane. Those TWA boys…

I’m gonna miss ROH.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I took a couple free beer coozies. I didn't want to deal with searching though the piles of shirts

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
somebody brought an MJF sign?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is rhet Titus's finisher a dropkick????

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Silas Young shined the brightest in that match, but I've always been a low key fan of his

HANGMAN!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Rhett Titus winning was the right move but I honestly didn’t expect it.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Penguin Patrol posted:

I thought Silas Young shined the brightest in that match, but I've always been a low key fan of his

HANGMAN!

Silas is legit one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. He plays the look so good and talked to my kids for like 10 minutes without any prompt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Riccabini being Adam Page’s best friend in Pokémon Go is something I needed to know.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Silas is legit one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. He plays the look so good and talked to my kids for like 10 minutes without any prompt.

I am glad to hear this. I didn’t want to like him at first specifically because of the look but I have learned over the year how intentional it all is.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

HANGMAN!

I always liked how hes a tough guy brawler kinda guy but he does a sick fancy moonsault

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hate Brian Johnson so much lol. A heel character made specifically to anger me almost.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm going to miss Kenny King's dumb entrance music

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol the ribbons

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I haven't watched ROH in a long time but it's given me some of my favourite live wrestling experiences. It really does feel sad that they couldn't pack this place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this match is a great loving time..

i say just as kenny king dies