Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I deliberately stay away from AAA stuff because Hong Kong deserves to be free and companies that systematically sexually abuse their female employees are not Cool or Good at all.

Here's yet another Top 10 of 2021:
  • 10 BlackChain - the atmosphere is exactly like Starcraft Brood War, though it's a solo-developed indie game and so the art is really bad, but the game mechanics are all very good.. and the guy even created a mission editor! Who even does that anymore? Great work under the circumstances!
  • 9 Rhythm Doctor - they finally released this year and it was a good few hours well spent
  • 8 To The Rescue! - my SO stayed up all night and wouldn't get out of my chair the next morning, so it must be good
  • 7 Lake - super relaxing and a good time
  • 6 Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl - Which ones of you football heads wants to come catch these Helga hands?
  • 5 Thunder Tier One - this would have been #3 if they had included more features at launch, but it's a really good, modern, indie Men Of War-like and the mission scenarios are very polished and creative
  • 4 Hell Let Loose - they finally came out of early access to technically it's eligible for the list. the community absolutely ruins the game (too many N-words), but the game itself introduces a lot of good mechanics to the genre
  • 3 The Last Campfire - the environment art and character art are :chefkiss:
  • 2 Guilty Gear Strive - in this game you can press a button to pet a dolphin or summon a seal with a sailor costume, and sometimes if you win a match, then a golden retriever puppy will trot over to you and lick your face! Never tried playing the story or against other people online, but I heard it's alright. You can even change the color of the dolphin!
  • 2 Disco Elysium - astonishingly creative, well-thought-out writing, and the art is great. What's not to love? sorry this didn't come out in 2021 so it's not fair to include it
  • 1 Age of Empires IV - lived up to the hype imo, without cutting too much into the existing AoE2 playerbase. More so, it created an opporunity for Blizzard to lose its playerbase, which it's always a sight for sore eyes :chefkiss:

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I heard good things about that game but it was published by EA so I didn't give them money

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Nice

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Rarity posted:

No face licks for you, Papes!

I don't even play this game. I just pet the dolphin and play with the puppy.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
:f5:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
This top 5 has been DEEP FAKED by the video game ILLUMINATY. They don't want us to know the TRUTH

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Keep cleansing that taint, kupo!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Wonder what % of the top 75 were Japanese games. It felt like it was a lot.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I am handing out Endwalker probes for those who want them. :)

Probe my cleansed taint, kupo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
This thread is about to be Nice