Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I can't believe they scheduled a 9PM Night game???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deshone kizer is available

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Scipiotik posted:

As soon as they picked him I knew they were going to suck.

lol yeah. ill give them credit for finally coming to their sense and starting.... this other dude. who at least seems semi-capable

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Doronin posted:

Yeah, I read an interview months ago in the lead up to launch that USFL 2.0 is a straight up content play. Attendance would be a nice bonus, but they don't really care about that part. The vibe here in Birmingham though has been a lot of, "let's see if this thing even makes it to its own playoffs."

Since the World Games are starting in Birmingham fairly soon, the top-4 teams in USFL will relocate to Canton Ohio for a couple of weeks to do the playoffs and championship. Barring the current bottom-4 teams actually finding a pulse, that should be 1. Birmingham, 2. New Orleans, 3. New Jersey and either Philadelphia/Tampa Bay at #4.

It's going to make the playoffs and I would be shocked if it fails to get a 2nd season. However, past that....I'm very skeptical. They (fox/nbc) are also very stressed about the Canton relocation situation due to the World Games. Effectively the only game that gets a crowd is Birmingham and having to move those games to Canton is scary because while we know they dont' give a poo poo about crowds, it will still be bad if the championship game is played in front of 300 people. Honestly, the XFL is just positioned so much better for next year. I think the USFL gets 2 years and is done.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Having to relocate your playoffs because another sporting event needs the venue is kind of a bad look.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I blame Birmingham's loss to the loving Gamblers on us for not posting a GDT this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the gramblers stole the upset win that i had projected. it's no longer in the cards. birmingham will not lose to tampa bay now. sorry to all tampa bay football fans. you're in for a rough one