Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Christmas has come early! :woop:

I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't miss this somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Probably should've sent in a character but I couldn't come up with anything good/funny. Even if I could've probably done 91:an Karlsson as a callback to 91 Stomperud.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Watched the second episode and Jesus Christ I always manage to forget just how much the staff characters yammer in this game.

Related to that you might wanna lower the game volume a bit because of that, hard to hear the commentary when Bradford or Tygan starts to yak.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

You had the Stalker lines mixed up btw. The staircase is "Don't just stand there, I said come in" guy. It's when you go through warehouse that is the main entrance of the main town you hear "Get out of here stalker" from a guy on top of a walkway.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The resistance radio has gotten a new show.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo, that was certainly a string of events. :monocle:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Install a mod that makes him talk in a different language.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I was wondering why Bandit Keith showed up because I pretty sure I missed the "In America" as well but had a hunch it was that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Crazy Achmed posted:

And now I'm wondering whether it's insensitive/problematic to the Swedish or whichever people's language was butchered into "alien".

I'm sure that wasn't the first time that another language was slightly mangled to sound alien, so I'm not sure I'd call it insensitive as more as kinda clever.
It obfuscates the origins better than when Nien Nunb in ROTJ spoke Kikuyu for example. Which is a dialect in Kenya.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Proooobably not, since you sorta knew what you were going into when you installed them in the first place.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

What the heck was that sound effect playing when Jason capped one of the Spectral Ghosts? :raise:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That got mentioned in the first video and they're DLC weapon models that harken back to XCOM:EU.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

What are zombies but some kind of meat jelly?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I can't believe you forgot to make a promotion poster for Mox.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Funny enough, whenever I see the Skyranger in the videos it makes me think of New Conglomerate from Planetside.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

History repeats itself!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I strongly resent the claim that 10% beers taste terribly. :colbert:
Some of my favourite types to drink are 9 to 10% Imperial Stouts and they are hella delicious.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Flair posted:

How about the opinion that all alcoholic drink taste terribly? This is coming from someone who tolerates tequila/vodka in order to get drunk.

I mean I only drink dark beer and that's about it, so I can't say much. Light beers taste horribly to me and then I never got into anything else.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly he knows something we don't. :tinfoil:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Also that SPARK is clearly keeping himself aloft with his jet boots. :colbert:

Sadly Jake is too busy doing Mutant XCOM to go back to Alien XCOM.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

The 40k community have absolutely done thirsty Sisters of Battle fanart.

That pretty much goes for all the factions.
All of them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

By which I mean tabletop faction, and not some vaguely mentioned one with barely any detail.
And the new Squats don't count because they're a separate one from the Demiurg.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

My vote is definitely on "Jake Solomon... fix. your. game." It's the catchphrase of these LPs after all.
Otherwise I'm coming up short on ideas.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ever since Avengers:EMH ended I don't think I've seen any good animated Marvel shows.
Might've missed one but they definitely nosedived hard after that point due to corporate meddling.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Love, Death, Robots is even on Season 3 in this case, which is the one you're watching I should add. Pretty sure there is even a not-XCOM episode in that season about soldiers discovering aliens.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The first gameplay previews have started to pop up now after its second announcement at the Summer Snoozefest, but I haven't really looked into those to see how it plays.

In a way I was kinda disappointed that Aliens: Dark Descent might be an Alien Swarm type of game and not an Aliens XCOM.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Jade wonders why the Ring isn't active.

Typical Jade things.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

:five:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Been slowly catching up with the LDR seasons with some friends, so far we've only gone halfway through Season 1.
There's a lot of hit and misses in it.

The Yoghurt one is pretty much "What if an AI ruled the world but its biological instead" and one of the weakest on I've seen so far.
Although not as predictable as the "Government suit visits weird guy in junkyard" episode. I feel you could predict what happens based just on that.

Beyond Aquila Rift though was a sold Twilight Zone style episode and one of the highlights so far.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So far we've managed to see 9 episodes, with The Dump being a boring... dump.
Out of those Sonnie's Edge and Beyond the Aquila rift were the good best ones, with the rest being middling to boring.

I think the one I hated the most was the vampire one just because it has an unnecessary plot twist leading into a smash cut into black ending. Followed Good Hunting that is ruined by both an unnecessary twist into steam punk and a smash cut into black ending.

Hopefully our schedule on friday will be good enough to watch some more episodes.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sucker of Souls was probably the one that was the most disappointing to me.
It had a kernel of good in it, with some good characters and banter. But then it just ends with a smash cut to black and blatantly ignores one of the plot conceits it set up before just because the writers wanted to do a gotcha.

The Witness is also one of those really forgettable ones. While stylish it really doesn't say much of anything.
And the first Three robots draws out the joke a bit too much, but saves itself with a good punchline.
Suits is just starcraft, which is not helped by the fact that the main character is voiced by the same guy who did Tychus for Wings of Liberty.

The highs are high but the lows are low as someone once said about something completely different but still works in this case.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Guava's commentary does get drowned out by game audio a lot of the time. Especially when the Warlock starts to monologue.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Jade Star posted:

His new audio set up is a mess. I had to amplify the music by like 20 db in post so he could hear it.

Fix your game Jake audio Guava.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah shame, you noticed it had been posted twice, and I really didn't want to make the "If I posted this twice... would it mean anything to you?" remark without any real context.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That was indeed a very special episode of the Commander's Field Manual To The Resistance. :hai:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That is some weird pathfinding for the ship, going the long way around for no real reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I have bad news, you can no longer say "Fix your game Jake" as Jake Solomon is now leaving Firaxis.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1626585414894223369