Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Does anyone else have one of these? What do you recommend as tinder? Same as a usual fire?

I just bought one but a friend of mine has one and I know they're wonderful. Just a system for having bright hot fire flames with no big smoke. Of course, poo poo is expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

#ad

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have a stove in the kitchen (:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Does anyone else have one of these? What do you recommend as tinder? Same as a usual fire?

I just bought one but a friend of mine has one and I know they're wonderful. Just a system for having bright hot fire flames with no big smoke. Of course, poo poo is expensive.

Lol, sweet $300 burn barrel bro. I got mine for free near the train yards

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

basically, yeah. in my experience they're indistinguishable from any other firepit until you get the fire really going.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Brother Tadger posted:

Lol, sweet $300 burn barrel bro. I got mine for free near the train yards

Yeah, this is the essential problem with buying one. The insecurity of knowing they're just a cheap metal cylinder you paid a lot of money to own.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have you considered simply not burning things instead of burning things?

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
better than letting some other rear end in a top hat burn it instead

what are you burning on it op, we got a multi fuel but mainly burnt logs on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Junk mail and your hopes and dreams.