Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Gaius Marius posted:

Like you dumb motherfucker, you can just invest your loving money, loving put it in a goddamn Index.

Nef Anyo Liked this post. :thumbsup:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Lol. Crypto and streamer culture were a match made in heaven.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Odd Wilson posted:

NFTs make me sad

that's all

Could I interest you in a €500 link to a JPG of homeopathic pills for sadness?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!

https://www.thecable.ng/crypto-market-loses-250bn-in-hours-as-russia-attacks-ukraine/

Also, note how those silly crypto coins don't have an intrinsic value and are thus subject to ridiculous market speculation deciding their worth. Whereas your glorious monkey NFT remains a link to a monkey JPG no matter what! Checkmate, doubters!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

organburner posted:

Earth 2 recently released a video showcasing their amazing proprietary tech!
A youtuber said "lol this is easy as gently caress to do"
Earth 2 ceo challenged the youtuber to do it in 7 days then.
This is the result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejv8FatWa3c

:lmao:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Poor cryptobros, forced to try and get back their toys through a centralised government-backed law-enforcement body. The INDIGNITY! :negative:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

quote:

Garriott, who is himself a cryptocurrency investor, explained that they want players to not have to think about the blockchain while playing their new game.

"Don't think about the scam! Just buy the virtual land!"

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Lammasu posted:

So he wants teenagers to buy NFTs?

Makes sense. The pre-teenager market is already cornered by Roblox.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

quote:

NFT’s have not even started to be a thing yet. This goes way beyond simple things like pictures, but i feel like you guys are probably getting paid to crap on NFT’s since I have not seen a single positive post or even one that explains what NFT’s can actually be used for

This white knight is sooooooo close to understanding, but falls just short...

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Twelve by Pies posted:

Man the dude who made is still trying to make Star Citizen really was ahead of his time.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Anno posted:

Another solid laugh. Like I kinda get the appeal of what's being dreamed about here in a weird way, just there's no reason it has to be done in this dumb loving way.

I mean, who doesn't dream of having to grind their MMO crafting materials in Candy Crush?

And in classic cryptobro fashion, there's still no explanation for why those mechanics require the use of a blockchain. Or why gaming companies would want to incentivise you to play the competition's games instead of theirs.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
"He spent 5 years building multiple startups in the crypto space" <- is it just me or that sentence doesn't exactly scream "success"?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Plenty of old rpg franchises did it within the series: the various gold box series, wizardry, eye of the beholder, possibly dungeon master (to CSB), Dark Sun (to the sequel that shall not be named). Clearly these guys secretly had mad crypto skills, no other sorcery can explain transfering characters/items/content between games! My theory is that they invented crypto back then, but they knew the haters would dunk on them, so they kept it low profile.

Funnily enough, unlike the rest of its contemporaries, Ultima didn't do that, but Lord Brexit is the one furiously diving into NFT as his previous scam dies ever so slowly.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Look, at the end of the day, the website content is irrelevant. What matters is that the NFT contains a link to said website! Buy now before they're out of stock!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Well, with Spore, he already has an industry track record in overpromising/underdelivering, which likely makes him a perfect fit for NFTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

I like the "Vaporverse" term and hope that it sticks.