Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ghost Recon Breakpoint is the only UBISoft game right now to have NFT, but is it even actually any good? The game itself, NFTs are a scam of course. I dont know a single person who plays it and I never heard anything positive about it at release. Did it get better in the two years its been out? For a game that was a commercial flop, I am surprised Ubisoft is rolling out NFT on this title specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What game of squares will have their first nft?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sandweed posted:

Isn't this what Ubisoft is doing? I haven't heard about their NFT stuff in long long while.

UBISoft and EA Games were quietly trying to test the waters, and then very quietly dropped it altogether. Square is the only major publisher trying to get into the Web3 scam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Gonna guess those are all mobile titles? Which ones were they?

Two of them were Chocobo Racing, and Babylon's Fall. Both were actually good games, but they weren't marketed correctly at all, and the focus on them for Square was their cash shops. Babylon's Fall is actually a really good game, but it released right alongside Elden Ring, and with a huge loving pay to win cash shop, so less than like 20,000 people bought it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Shine on, you crazy diamonds. Go all in on NFTs next, yes!

At least i'll save some money if they do this. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lammasu posted:

The one legitimate use of AI game design is making a game where everyone has hosed up hands.

But didn't original Final Fantasy VII already do this?