Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The problem

Hey folks. So I purchased a new motherboard, CPU, ram, and power supply after I had a cat piss on my old one. It's a long story.

The VGA light on my new motherboard is on and it won't POST. I have an onboard GPU and a 2070 Super. My video card absolutely works as I've successfully used it on another setup. I managed to get into my BIOS once, restarted with no big changes and I've been unable to POST since then.

My monitors clearly detect something when changing to another socket.

Attempted fixes

Google basically just tells me that it's a bad GPU but that can't be the case. I've tried onboard video card, I've tried another video card, I've tried new RAM, confirmed my GPU works, different power supplies, can confirm my current PSU is fine, different wall sockets, changing HDMI cables, tested hard drives and confirmed they work. I've basically squared away the idea it could be cables and so on.

Recent changes
All of these are new parts so that would be the recent change.

Operating system

Windows 10. But would need to install it to hard drive.

System specs

ROG Strix B550-F motherboard, Ryzen 5600G cpu, 2070 Super GPU, ddr4 ram, 600 watt power supply, 1 tb ssd and 2 tb harddrive.

Have I googled?

Yes, extensively.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

And before I forget, I've checked and there isn't a compatibility issue with my parts.

The Ryzen doesn't work on this motherboard in earlier BIOS, but I checked the BIOS version the one time it did work and it's fine. Unless I somehow magically flashed my BIOS.

What I did was I tried to launch windows from my harddrive, it wanted me to use USB or cd to install windows, so I restarted to do this. And it never has passed VGA warning light after that point.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Try clearing the CMOS on the motherboard.

You might have jumper cables on the motherboard somewhere to do this. If not, you'd have to remove the motherboard battery for a few minutes.